Pages:
Author

Topic: Bitcoin banned in Sri Lanka - page 11. (Read 3207 times)

Activity: 23
Merit: 0
August 16, 2018, 10:31:59 AM
What is the prohibited reason? Can Bitcoin be useful and beneficial to humans?
Activity: 378
Merit: 102
August 16, 2018, 10:29:23 AM
Last past months Sri Lanka's Main Bank (Bank of Ceylon) was banned cryptocurrencies in Sri Lanka. What do you think is the reason for that ? Huh
One of the main reasons is money laundering through bitcoin. Also, bitcoin can be a tool of corruption, most likely because of this and banned. But I don't think it's a long time.
Activity: 61
August 16, 2018, 10:24:49 AM
There isn't sufficient information on the alleged ban of Bitcoin in Sri Lanka at the moment so I can't give an opinion yet. The best I saw on Bitcoin in Sri Lanka was a general warning which dates back to April this year. Hopefully, if your claim is true, in the coming days we will get more news, then I and other members can share our opinion.
Activity: 238
Merit: 1
https://i.imgur.com/iwknjIj.png
August 16, 2018, 10:20:40 AM
Probably, they banned cryptocurrency there because they are completely unaware of how it can benefit them as as a nation. And even if their main bank banned it, it doesn’t mean their people banned it if it can help them personally.
Activity: 247
Merit: 10
August 16, 2018, 10:11:43 AM
Yes it is true bitcoin is now banned in sri lanka.

More and more countries are banned from bitcoin, but I'm sure bitcoin users won't care about this, I'm sure bitcoin users in Sri Lanka are not too worried about it, they can exchange it to Fiat as long as they have accounts that can receive money from other countries.
Activity: 2744
Merit: 541
Campaign Management?"Hhampuz" is the Man
August 16, 2018, 09:56:41 AM
Last past months Sri Lanka's Main Bank (Bank of Ceylon) was banned cryptocurrencies in Sri Lanka. What do you think is the reason for that ? Huh

Not until the government banned bitcoin or all the cryptocurrencies thats the time you must be alarmed but of banks only well meaning you can still gain cryptocurrency and maybe government will make necessary action regarding this.and i believe that same issue India has few months ago but now since government is supporting crypto ,things are doing fine now and all is back to business
Activity: 627
Merit: 500
August 16, 2018, 09:36:20 AM
Yes it is true bitcoin is now banned in Sri Lanka, I've seen a few freelancers who doesn't accept bitcoin i was curious about that.
But now i get it.
Activity: 350
Merit: 102
August 16, 2018, 09:54:56 AM

Where is the evidence of this news, maybe it's just a manipulation, but do you believe in all the news that you read? Many have already been banned, and then allowed and again banned))
Activity: 171
Merit: 37
August 16, 2018, 09:50:25 AM

For me, I think the reason of banning the cryptocurrency in Sri Lanka is the continuous falling of bitcoin price. I hope that the government of Sri Lanka will allow cryptocurrency because many people in that country wants to invest in bitcoin.
Activity: 966
Merit: 250
August 16, 2018, 09:47:38 AM

I think the ban on small countries like Sri Lanka will not have a big influence, especially on the market, I think the cause of the ban is a classic reason that is not different from other Asian countries.
Activity: 1344
Merit: 261
August 16, 2018, 09:43:39 AM
Are you sure that Sri Lanka's Bank of Ceylon banned bitcoin? I'm looking for an article that has this news but the results are poor.

This is one of their latest statement: April 16,2018.

Public Awareness on Virtual Currencies in Sri Lanka

They are giving warning to their people but there's no ban.

Bad news for us, and especially for the people around Sri Lanka, this is an opportunity for them to maximize the use of BTC, and unfortunately the government has warned the people who are using Bitcoin, it may be a warning sign but it is also a sign that the people should be staying away, before anything else happens, hopefully some things may improve, and may they not ban BTC.
Activity: 6
August 15, 2018, 04:18:46 PM
Is it true? does the government feel aggrieved by the digital currency ??
Activity: 266
August 12, 2018, 11:42:39 AM
BTC has been banned in many countries, and the 2017 BTC storm caused many investors to lose money because of BTC. So many countries banned the BTC.

Activity: 51
August 12, 2018, 11:19:39 AM
bad news my frend.  Undecided Undecided Undecided last month sri lanka goverment speech bang of bitcoin sri lanka.now every sri lanka bank block crypto currency deposit...
Activity: 328
August 12, 2018, 11:01:14 AM

Another sad news to hear. Many countries are banning bitcoin and I think the reason of this is the continuous falling of bitcoin. I hope that the banning of bitcoin in some countries will stop because even the price is low many people in that country believes in bitcoin and they want to invest.
Activity: 546
Merit: 100
August 12, 2018, 10:52:35 AM
I think that actual reason is up and down cryptocurrency rate. So, may be sri Lanka's bank banned bitcoin. Moreover, many country totally prohibited bitcoin.
Activity: 737
Merit: 104
August 12, 2018, 10:47:34 AM
Very bad. I am from Bangladesh. Ours Central Bank also banned BTC. As far as I know, most of them don't know what is BTC or Cryptocurrency. Hope one day they will legal BTC.
Activity: 271
August 12, 2018, 10:16:35 AM
Is it true that Sri Lanka banned Bitcoin? This news is new to me. Having this kind of crypto business will help a country to develop in some other aspects and it may also help their people from poverty. So this means people will get poorer and poorer because they maybe cant handle even this kind of business.
Activity: 966
Merit: 250
August 12, 2018, 10:42:01 AM

I think the reason is classic, bitcoin is a bubble. this reason is very classic in every ban in a country, but I believe Sri Lanka has no major influence on the virutal currency. so there are no effects that will affect crypto trading.
Activity: 373
Merit: 100
August 12, 2018, 10:38:18 AM
Is this real news? Or just fake news? if that's true, then it will make bitcoin even more difficult to be accepted by other countries. This is bad news in my opinion. And surely it will cause a slight decrease in bitcoin. So we have to stay calm and don't panic.
Pages:
Jump to: