Pages:
Author

Topic: Bitcoin banned in Sri Lanka - page 5. (Read 3207 times)

Activity: 1936
Merit: 290
September 26, 2018, 01:25:14 AM
Really are you sure now?? Actually I don't have received yet this news basically it's my first reading topic Sri Lanka countries bank banned in bitcoin.if your topic is true now then I just tell him that is bad Action to everyone Bitcoin users in Sri Lanka.
Activity: 588
Merit: 250
September 26, 2018, 12:34:28 AM
Last past months Sri Lanka's Main Bank (Bank of Ceylon) was banned cryptocurrencies in Sri Lanka. What do you think is the reason for that ? Huh

This is another sad news for us. Just like the reasons of other countries that already banned bitcoin, they did not trust Bitcoin because it is decentralized obviously Government wants a centralized because they can control it, another reasons also was, maybe Sri Lanka Governments also wants to avoid to used Cryptocurrency in an illegal services because we knew that it can be a tool to used. However, Even though its true or not this news, we need to respect their decisions because they also have their personal opinion regarding to this kind of thing.
Activity: 515
Merit: 101
September 26, 2018, 12:33:11 AM
just a small country. even us can't ban bitcoin and japan had been accepted bitcoin so it is nothing for us
Activity: 588
September 26, 2018, 12:27:28 AM
I think some countries have started giving restrictions on the circulation and use of bitcoin in their countries but I am sure it will only make him lose because digital currencies like bitcoin will be used in the future.
Activity: 647
Merit: 255
DATABLOCKCHAIN.IO SALE IS LIVE | MVP @ DBC.IO
September 26, 2018, 12:18:39 AM
Last past months Sri Lanka's Main Bank (Bank of Ceylon) was banned cryptocurrencies in Sri Lanka. What do you think is the reason for that ? Huh

May I see the link to the information source?

It is a normal thing. Usually, those countries that do not know what bitcoin is just banning it instead of trying to understand what is that and how it works. Apparently, Sri-Lankan government and banks are lazy to conduct their research. 
Activity: 50
Merit: 0
September 25, 2018, 11:42:46 PM
This is a bad news for us and crypto fans.If a nation want to develop their country then must need to use cryto business.Work in Bitcoin.I think this is the bad decision for Srilanka.
Activity: 295
Merit: 1
September 25, 2018, 11:27:35 PM
In Indonesia, the government prohibits bitcoin as a means of payment but does not prohibit bitcoin investment, I think the case in Sri Lanka is exactly the same as in Indonesia, sorry if I'm wrong.
copper member
Activity: 3
September 21, 2018, 03:07:49 AM
I searched a bit on google, and is there any actual evidence of this ?
Activity: 297
Merit: 10
September 17, 2018, 08:12:59 PM
excessive passion for cryptocurrencies and the fall of bitcoin

Everyone has their own opinions about the benefits of Bitcoin or about the ugliness of Bitcoin. then you should understand about the country.
Activity: 854
Merit: 252
September 17, 2018, 07:19:23 PM

Sri lanka is not the only country who did banning crypto, there are others do the same thing like Russia if I am not mistaken, but in the end they've revoked it, then now they are very opened into crypto/bitcoin, because they've found out that Crypto and bitcoin could give a big help to their economy and to their citizens too as well.
Activity: 252
“The Protocol for the Audience Economy”
September 16, 2018, 12:49:55 PM
I think you will see more and more of this, untill regulators have no choice but to allow it flourish once the mases go against their wishes
Activity: 423
September 16, 2018, 12:49:06 PM
excessive passion for cryptocurrencies and the fall of bitcoin
Activity: 112
September 15, 2018, 05:52:12 PM
Another sad case of politician trying to protect their sponsors, bitcoin is always desired by all as more persons see the progress  and solutions it offers. They are grossly misinformed about bitcoin and cryptos
Activity: 406
September 15, 2018, 05:48:25 PM
I do not think that this ban will last forever,as when the whole world will switch to cryptocurrency, the rest of the countries will have nothing to do but to accept bitcoin. Otherwise, they will lag behind world development.

Activity: 490
September 15, 2018, 05:30:06 PM
I am very upset every news about the ban of bitcoin. It's a little slow its development. But I hope that the government will reconsider its opinion and accept bitcoin on its territory.
Activity: 221
September 15, 2018, 02:17:03 PM
The government took  really a very fool decision of ban bitcoin because Sri Lanka is a developing country and bitcoin can help to improving their condition.
Activity: 420
September 15, 2018, 01:47:11 PM
Bad news for Sri Lanka, but i think this ban for using crypto, nobody do not restrict you holding cryptos.
I am sure soon this ban will be canceled and then if you have coins will be good
Activity: 147
September 15, 2018, 01:42:36 PM
really a very unfortunate thing where a country immediately blocks something new, maybe because of some reason your country blocked crypto, either because of its security or about taxes and crypto wealth not counted in a country's GDP
Activity: 90
September 15, 2018, 01:38:53 PM
Bitcoin banned in Sri Lanka You have not shown any evidence about this. And this news is not entirely accurate. That is their bank warned them. You see that all the countries are afraid of accepting Bitcoin, those countries are poor countries. The rich countries do not talk about Bitcoin but. So there is nothing to worry about. All the business comes with some problems or something. But it is like waiting for a business to have fun. There are many successes too. So I think it's not a problem.
Activity: 421
Merit: 105
September 15, 2018, 01:25:25 PM
Yes, it is a bad news but I must say it will not going to affect the future of bitcoin because Sri Lanka is a developing country on the other hand many developed country accept bitcoin.
I agree with you. I think there's some reason why did they forbid it but lets hope it can be opened so that every one can have a chance of investing in it if they desired
Pages:
Jump to: