Pages:
Author

Topic: Bitcoin banned in Sri Lanka - page 8. (Read 3207 times)

Activity: 392
Merit: 12
September 10, 2018, 03:24:38 AM
In my opinion, people are not at all bothered what Sri Lankan government is doing, as they are not the major players of cryptocurrency. Many governments all over the world are against cryptocurrency, as they think it is a threat to their financial system.
Activity: 83
Merit: 0
September 10, 2018, 02:53:51 AM
Is it true. It is a very bad news. If the country need to be developed they need to accept crypto currency.

Do you think the Sri Lankan government can do such thing to eliminate cryptocurrencies from the entire country because I don't see any negative effect we have done for the country by making investments and doing transactions using cryptocurrencies and many members in the crypto community focus on making some money without breaking any rules so what is the purpose to take such actions against cryptocurrencies  and its use locally. I hope crypto ban in sri lanka will not happen in the future because so many people just started the journey in the crypto world
Activity: 68
September 09, 2018, 02:41:00 PM
It is not a big deal for bitcoin because it can not fall any big effect in the market of bitcoin but it is a sad news and hope they should understand their fault and withdraw it.
Activity: 672
Merit: 500
September 09, 2018, 12:12:58 PM
Last past months Sri Lanka's Main Bank (Bank of Ceylon) was banned cryptocurrencies in Sri Lanka. What do you think is the reason for that ? Huh
I think it's only normal for the government and banks to ban cryptocurrency because there are many frauds that were previously withdrawn involving bitcoin around Southeast Asia that is why Sri Lanka Bank takes steps and lets their people know about the risks involved. but it's just a ban, not a direct ban, and they can still access Bitcoin.
Activity: 784
Merit: 10
September 09, 2018, 11:53:04 AM
As i have read about that article, because of sri lanka is just aware of the new developments in technology that they have to understand the idea and concept about bitcoin, however their banks sesms to be supportive about digital currency.
Activity: 18
September 09, 2018, 11:46:43 AM
Is that true? I don't think so. I have read some newspaper and searched some imformation but there is a few information that announce this problem.
Activity: 19
September 09, 2018, 11:45:29 AM
That's a bad new! The BItcoin market will be  a little bit narrow by Sri Lanka. I hope this government will soon change the policy in order that Bitcoin will comeback. I believe that they know how to make profits.
Activity: 21
September 09, 2018, 11:44:21 AM
I think they accepted to change. They will lose benefits from BItcoin and spend that money in the different major in economy.
Activity: 882
Merit: 548
September 08, 2018, 02:59:08 PM
Last past months Sri Lanka's Main Bank (Bank of Ceylon) was banned cryptocurrencies in Sri Lanka. What do you think is the reason for that ? Huh

As Sri Lanka is becoming more aware of new developments in technology they have started to understand the concept and principles of this idea but I believe they are not used to the idea of BTC. Humans are scared of new things and they are upset that they are losing congtrol adn what they control the Sri Lankan Rupee they have messed up Cool
Activity: 53
September 08, 2018, 02:41:53 PM
They can continue banning, the truth remains that they can never ban the future, they can't ban blockchain they can't ban technology
Activity: 73
September 08, 2018, 02:28:20 PM
It is a very old news and it is not full in Sri Lanka and I still don't get any reliable source of this news but if it happens then it would must be a wrong decision of Sri Lankans government.,
Activity: 418
Merit: 106
September 08, 2018, 01:42:23 PM
If some nation want to progress, they will have to accept crypto.
Agree with your comments. All countries that banned Bitcoin is countries poor and small. They want to develop, but they think that Bitcoin and cryptocurrency will make their economies go down. But I hope in the future, these countries will have positive thoughts about Bitcoin

How unfortunate. They banned bitcoin because they lack the knowledge about its capbilities or because of the news and articles about users being scammed since there are still scammers in the community.
Activity: 798
Merit: 505
September 07, 2018, 09:49:19 PM
The legal status of Bitcoin is not defined in Sri Lanka. According to short commentaries of local bureaucrats, SL Central Bank seems to be supportive of digital currencies. However, CB officials consider crypto as something to look forward to only in the future, which might take 5 to 10 years. This position could be partially explained by a relatively low Internet penetration rate in Sri Lanka, which makes most of its citizens still unaware of Bitcoin. Anyhow, selling/ buying crypto-currencies and organizing ICOs are not against the law in SL.
Activity: 308
Merit: 4
September 07, 2018, 09:44:38 PM
Well it's not a good news for both that bitcoin is banned in Sri Lanka they must be sit on tabel and clear each other eligtion and government don't be afraid from it , hope for a best in future.
Activity: 283
September 07, 2018, 09:30:55 PM
I think the ban on using bitcoin in Sri Lanka is bad news, considering bitcoin is very useful and it is unfortunate if bitcoin is prohibited from being used in Sri Lanka. The Sri Lankan government may be afraid that bitcoin will disrupt the economy in Sri Lanka's economy so that it prohibits it and considers bitcoin to be bad. Hopefully one day bitcoin will be accepted in Sri Lanka.
Activity: 756
Merit: 12
September 07, 2018, 09:04:16 PM

Government can create many reason and many excuses. But I am believe third country will following advance country in next several years and regulate bitcoin for transaction and for trading because government can earn taxes.
Activity: 1988
Merit: 254
PredX - AI-Powered Prediction Market
September 07, 2018, 07:44:57 PM
I know the Sri Lankan government has banned bitcoin. This is bad news for all investors. The bitcoin market here is difficult. The reason is that the Sri Lankan government does not trust bitcoin. They think bitcoin will adversely affect the economy.
Activity: 575
Merit: 250
September 07, 2018, 07:30:30 PM
Right. The Sri Lankan government has banned bitcoins. They think that bitcoin is illegal. Bitcoin can affect the national currency system of Sri Lanka. This is not good news for investors in electronic money here.
Activity: 84
September 07, 2018, 07:22:28 PM
It is sad that some countries are not very welcoming of bitcoin, denying their citizens the opportunity to benefit from the global economy of bitcoin/Cryptocurrency
Activity: 77
September 07, 2018, 07:20:29 PM
They probably want to protect their citizens from scam ICOs. Or a crypto money exchange may have spread the personal data of many citizens.
On the way this was too heavy, could have come to an arrangement instead.
Pages:
Jump to: