Pages:
Author

Topic: Bitcoin banned in Sri Lanka - page 7. (Read 3207 times)

Activity: 1582
Merit: 101
September 14, 2018, 12:56:53 PM
Last past months Sri Lanka's Main Bank (Bank of Ceylon) was banned cryptocurrencies in Sri Lanka. 

Awareness and banned are not the same thing sir. Awareness means that government must thinking about this. At present time they thinking BTC may misused by the people but i think when another big house government will accepted this they may accepted this. Be a positive man.
Activity: 602
Merit: 104
September 14, 2018, 12:43:12 PM
That's a sad news for all of us in bitcoin. Every time their will be a bad news will make the price of Bitcoin goes low. Hope this will rise soon!.
Activity: 43
Merit: 0
September 14, 2018, 12:15:49 PM
they totally do not know how it could benefit them as a country. i do not think it will be long before they find out that they need cryptocurrency in their country.
Activity: 252
September 14, 2018, 12:13:25 PM
Are you sure that Sri Lanka's Bank of Ceylon banned bitcoin? I'm looking for an article that has this news but the results are poor.

This is one of their latest statement: April 16,2018.

Public Awareness on Virtual Currencies in Sri Lanka

They are giving warning to their people but there's no ban.

Many countries provide similar statements, not prohibit but warn the public to invest in bitcoin has a big risk, and this is the government's concern about the economic value of the community.
Activity: 63
Merit: 1
September 14, 2018, 12:01:39 PM
I don't know why many government don't accept bitcoin  it's now global digital currency and bitcoin popularity increase day by day. If that news is true then this is sad news
Activity: 10
September 14, 2018, 11:31:26 AM
IS IT TRUE THIS IS REALLY BAD NEWS.
Activity: 92
September 14, 2018, 11:17:10 AM
its not a ban

its a memo,
a mmo that say that the central bank of sri lanka will not be held accountable for any actions done by businesses and that the central bank does not insure or licence it.

.. the central bank doe not endors or licence baked beans.. thats why you dont see a bank slling baked beans.
until there is a GOVERNMENT LAW. that states it is illegal to operate a crypto business. and that law mentions the penalty.. then just treat the memo as what it is .. a memo

nearly every country has released an investor warning memo that investing in crypto is risky and a bank will not insure losses

It is looks like an memo and I agree because if the government really wanted to ban crypto using in locally they could have taken more action than giving a warning though the central bank to the general public and still no crypto related site or exchange has banned from our side so that means they have no intention to do that yet but no one knows what kind of decision they might take in the future so we have to prepare for everything 
Activity: 42
September 14, 2018, 10:49:30 AM
I think you have been wrong about the ban and the warning. Many countries have banned transactions between BTC and banks, but we still participate in transactions, what do you think, I see the ban is no longer important. I can still transfer money to my account. Anyone who joined Crypto I think they are like me.

Of course you might be correct and that is because i think due to the bitcoins and other cryptocurrencies are blockchain based and they are decentralized in nature so anything cannot interrupt to the network so governments only can make certain amount of restrictions against the usage of cryptocurrencies in various websites and exchanges by blocking them like they do to social media sites in troubling situations
Activity: 42
September 14, 2018, 10:45:41 AM
Last past months Sri Lanka's Main Bank (Bank of Ceylon) was banned cryptocurrencies in Sri Lanka. What do you think is the reason for that ? Huh

Sri lankan government will not ban Bitcoin or any other crypto asset locally very soon because the community members are too small to be considered as a threat to the government or its financial system so until that crypto users can play around but if the number of people and usage gets worse then there will be a huge problem and the government might take some actions against cryptocurrencies
Activity: 476
Merit: 12
September 13, 2018, 12:56:18 PM
I think you have been wrong about the ban and the warning. Many countries have banned transactions between BTC and banks, but we still participate in transactions, what do you think, I see the ban is no longer important. I can still transfer money to my account. Anyone who joined Crypto I think they are like me.
Activity: 1050
Merit: 269
September 13, 2018, 12:24:07 PM
Sri Lanka's Central Bank was clear on the reasons.

They perceived bitcoin to be riskier than any other investing instruments out there and the use of bitcoin falls foul of anti-money laundering laws.

Besides it decentralization, Sri Lanka's central bank finds bitcoin to be more of a speculative asset rather than an actual currency.
Activity: 546
Merit: 12
September 13, 2018, 10:38:33 AM
This news is wrong. There is no main bank in Sri Lanka. Bank of Ceylon is the oldest state bank. A state bank cannot ban bitcoin or anything else. only central bank can do so. recently central bank instructed sri lankan commerical banks to avoid depositing dollars to buy bitcoin. now sri Lankans cant deposit money to cex.io. Neteller etc..
Activity: 308
Merit: 11
September 13, 2018, 04:47:34 AM
It seems that news that will not have a negative impact on the development of bitcoin. Sri Lanka feels that finance can be threatened by the presence of bitcoin, so their banks do not accept bitcoin.
Activity: 266
September 13, 2018, 04:23:10 AM
Are you sure that Sri Lanka's Bank of Ceylon banned bitcoin? I'm looking for an article that has this news but the results are poor.

This is one of their latest statement: April 16,2018.

Public Awareness on Virtual Currencies in Sri Lanka

They are giving warning to their people but there's no ban.

I red the same article but it doesn't clearly mentioned about bitcoin banning it is like an announcement to warn people about digital currency usage in locally but nothing is mentioned about the government or the central bank is going to ban cryptocurrencies in Sri Lanka but many rumors are coming that government is against the crypto use so only the time will tell what is going to happen but better to stay alert
Activity: 64
September 12, 2018, 05:12:21 AM
This a s been going on for months and years now. We just have to find a way to make people understand crypto else they will continue to have bad perceptions about the dealings in crypto. As for the banks, I think crypto is becoming a threat to their profit gains and their poor centralized systems.
Activity: 252
Merit: 100
September 11, 2018, 09:59:57 AM
great post sri lankan goverment is crazy i think sri lanka is ,going to down in world ,newer banned in bitcoin country all user use the bitcoin
Activity: 197
Merit: 10
Hello Bitcoiner
September 10, 2018, 05:51:04 AM
The government can not control Bitcoin. Due to the decrease in current Bitcoin, many countries have financially financial losses. It's really a very very sad news. Their government will consider the digital currency bitcoin as a successful currency. I think Sri Lankan government will understand and withdraw the ban.
Activity: 39
September 10, 2018, 05:36:27 AM

Last past months Sri Lanka's Main Bank (Bank of Ceylon) was banned cryptocurrencies in Sri Lanka. Some country are permitted to bitcoin in their county. so nothing wrong.
Activity: 783
September 10, 2018, 04:16:43 AM
In my opinion, people are not at all bothered what Sri Lankan government is doing, as they are not the major players of cryptocurrency. Many governments all over the world are against cryptocurrency, as they think it is a threat to their financial system.
the issue of cryptocurrency threats to the country's economy is a major issue why so many countries have banned crypto. maybe the Sri Lanka government now has this kind of thinking so that it prohibits crypto.
Activity: 336
September 10, 2018, 04:14:40 AM
The decline in digital currencies follows Bloomberg's report on Monday, January 15, 2018, that the Chinese government is restricting the trading of digital currencies that have been banned in the exchange. While many other countries have shown an attitude to ban bitcoin transactions such as Germany, Egypt and China which will close bitcoin mining because it consumes large electricity consumption. but now Sri Lanka has not been listed on the bitcoin ban until now.
Pages:
Jump to: