Pages:
Author

Topic: Bitcoin Conference 2012- London 15-16 Sept | ANNOUNCEMENT sponsorship available! - page 18. (Read 60311 times)

legendary
Activity: 1526
Merit: 1001
Who simply decided for London just now? I thought it'd be in Berlin this year? November/December is quite late. The only reason to do it then is b/c of the location and the olympics. London is too expensive if you're not a member of the Rothschild family or in a position of mainstream economics. I thought bitcoin was for everyman/woman

At the end of the day it's the speakers who make this decision. I guess you can organise another conference in Berlin, but maybe the speakers who are going to talk in London won't do both.

Good point. Speakers are more important than audience.
legendary
Activity: 1227
Merit: 1000
London is great.

Please give some indication about the date.
donator
Activity: 980
Who simply decided for London just now? I thought it'd be in Berlin this year? November/December is quite late. The only reason to do it then is b/c of the location and the olympics. London is too expensive if you're not a member of the Rothschild family or in a position of mainstream economics. I thought bitcoin was for everyman/woman

At the end of the day it's the speakers who make this decision. I guess you can organise another conference in Berlin, but maybe the speakers who are going to talk in London won't do both.
Activity: 602
Merit: 512
GLBSE Support [email protected]
James,

we are interested in sponsoring the conference and speaking as well.  did you get my email?

Tony

Hey Tony, got the mail (found it in spam), replied.
Activity: 742
Merit: 500
James,

we are interested in sponsoring the conference and speaking as well.  did you get my email?

Tony

legendary
Activity: 1526
Merit: 1001
Who simply decided for London just now? I thought it'd be in Berlin this year? November/December is quite late. The only reason to do it then is b/c of the location and the olympics. London is too expensive if you're not a member of the Rothschild family or in a position of mainstream economics. I thought bitcoin was for everyman/woman?

What if we will have the problem with those tainted coins and a huge mess on who is accepting what percentage of taintedness long before the bitcoin community can discuss it in person? Perhaps December will be too late then? There are some urgent questions that need to be discussed rather sooner than later, on a wider base of members if possible.
Activity: 103
Merit: 10
legendary
Activity: 1358
Merit: 1002
Don't you mean Bitcoin Lisbon 2012? It's happening in June - July...  Roll Eyes

PS: It's just a joke for the one's complaining about the weather. It may also be a suggestion if someone is willing to take it Wink
donator
Activity: 2772
Merit: 1019
I will love to come!  Grin

Cool. Will you update us on open transactions?
donator
Activity: 2772
Merit: 1019
Looking forward to it. It will be almost 2013 though  Wink

coinciding with the mining incentive reduction Wink
Activity: 602
Merit: 512
GLBSE Support [email protected]
I would fly for good weather, yes.

I have been to London plenty of times and it holds no interest as a destination for me, so if the weather is crappy it has zero appeal. If it were in london in late spring/early summer i would be inclined to go so that i could see more of the UK... but I am not driving around the country in Dec. Whereas I have never been to Berlin, and while my preference is for a warmer climate that time of year, I would be far more willing to suffer the cold to see Berlin.

All things being equal, the Canary islands would be awesome.

We're planning a conference, not a group holiday, if you want sun then go for the Costa Del Sol, the last time someone tried for a sunny place for a bitcoin conference we almost ended up with Bruce Wagners Pattaya.

London is the financial hub of the world (larger than the rest of the EU's financial sectors combined), a world travel hub, packed with media, and where the majority of our speakers are based.

legendary
Activity: 1078
Charlie 'Van Bitcoin' Shrem
Subscribing. It's always hot in Orlando so I don't mind traveling to see some cold!

Jerk  Grin
legendary
Activity: 1260
I would fly for good weather, yes.

I have been to London plenty of times and it holds no interest as a destination for me, so if the weather is crappy it has zero appeal. If it were in london in late spring/early summer i would be inclined to go so that i could see more of the UK... but I am not driving around the country in Dec. Whereas I have never been to Berlin, and while my preference is for a warmer climate that time of year, I would be far more willing to suffer the cold to see Berlin.

All things being equal, the Canary islands would be awesome.
legendary
Activity: 2184
Merit: 1056
Affordable Physical Bitcoins - Denarium.com
I will very likely attend this conference.
vip
Activity: 1358
AKA: gigavps
Subscribing. It's always hot in Orlando so I don't mind traveling to see some cold!
donator
I would attend in December if it were in the Canary Islands. They're in Spain, so they're almost part of Europe.

Spain is Europe, but the Canary Islands are African territories and a long flight away from most of Europe.

Seriously would you take the conference down to the Canaries because of the weather?
donator
Absolutely. I would attend even in December if it were in Berlin.

I know both London and Berlin well and it beats me that you think weather in Berlin is good in December, while London weather is a deal-breaker. Not that it makes any sense to me at all, and I was raised in tropical weather.
Activity: 588
Merit: 500
Hero VIP ultra official trusted super staff puppet
Fuck, I'd speak at the conference if it's in Berlin. I'd speak in German at that.

"Du bist schwul."
donator
Activity: 826
Merit: 1041
I would attend in December if it were in the Canary Islands. They're in Spain, so they're almost part of Europe.
legendary
Activity: 1260
Absolutely. I would attend even in December if it were in Berlin.

Pages:
Jump to: