Pages:
Author

Topic: Bitcoin Conference 2012- London 15-16 Sept | ANNOUNCEMENT sponsorship available! - page 13. (Read 60319 times)

rjk
Activity: 448
Merit: 250
1ngldh
His crowdsourcing website piratemyfilm.com still uses paypal and does not accept bitcoin.
I'm pretty sure it does, you just can't have both within one funding - it's one or the other. Screw Banks was funded on his platform. http://screwbanks.net/
Activity: 197
Merit: 100
... have you not seen the list of speakers?
Richard Stallman and Max Keiser in the one place? Awesome indeed!
Why should Max Keiser be invited? He has not supported bitcoin much since the initial topic on his tv show, back in 2011.

His crowdsourcing website piratemyfilm.com still uses paypal and does not accept bitcoin.

Nor does he accept bitcoin payments for his standup shows when he goes on tour.

He should be dis-invited.
Activity: 714
Merit: 500
I don't think Bitcoinica "Bitcoin Consultancy" should be the sponsor of this Conference.

They're not, they are the organisers which they should be, they ran an excellent conference last year in Prague, this one is going to be an absolute blast, have you not seen the list of speakers?

One word - Awesome.

Richard Stallman ? This rocks.
donator
Activity: 826
Merit: 1060
... have you not seen the list of speakers?
Richard Stallman and Max Keiser in the one place? Awesome indeed!
Activity: 602
Merit: 512
GLBSE Support [email protected]
I don't think Bitcoinica "Bitcoin Consultancy" should be the sponsor of this Conference.

They're not, they are the organisers which they should be, they ran an excellent conference last year in Prague, this one is going to be an absolute blast, have you not seen the list of speakers?

One word - Awesome.
Activity: 714
legendary
Activity: 1232
Merit: 1076
Call for papers is open. Email [email protected] with your proposals. Accepted papers announced at the end of August.
donator
Activity: 544
I applied to be a speaker, and here is a poll to determine what I'd be talking about:

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/bitcoin-london-conference-2012-93940
So is this going ahead despite the Bitcoinica fiasco?

Yes, we'll be kicking things off fairly soon for this.
donator
Activity: 980
Merit: 1000
So is this going ahead despite the Bitcoinica fiasco?
donator
Activity: 2058
Merit: 1054
I'm biased, because the dates of 15-16 Sep are really bad for me, I don't know if I'll be able to make it then, and I wish a different date will be chosen.

But I think that if other events are standing in the way of organizing the conference properly, you should really consider trying to cancel the arrangements you've made for those dates. Choose a more realistic date and make the required preparations, better to have a delayed conference than stressing out over trying to do too much in too little time and ending up with a flop.
legendary
Although the official site does list those dates (Sep 15-16), they are assumed to be tentative as per the Tickets page on that same site:

Date and price  are still to be finalised. We will not be taking registrations until we have confirmed the date.

We are aiming either for September or December depending on several factors.

In any case for those arranging international travel, time is getting short for confirmation of venue, dates, and tickets.

Sorry, I've updated this info. The dates are final as the venue and everything have been booked. We were just about to announce the conference before this Bitcoinica debacle.
Activity: 95
Merit: 11
Although the official site does list those dates (Sep 15-16), they are assumed to be tentative as per the Tickets page on that same site:

Date and price  are still to be finalised. We will not be taking registrations until we have confirmed the date.

We are aiming either for September or December depending on several factors.

In any case for those arranging international travel, time is getting short for confirmation of venue, dates, and tickets.
legendary
Activity: 1428
Has anything happened further with this event? I have not seen any dates as of yet, and nothing listed on the website.

Am I missing another source of information for this event?

Would love to attend but need dates etc.

I discovered today it says 15-16 september on http://bitcoin2012.com/

Wow really? it was December last I heard here... why isn't that being announced?

Bitcoinica issue is delaying the organisation of this. Until Bitcoinica payouts have been made (which should hopefully be within a month).

lol?
i have to go to THIS thread to get a statement when you plan to make payouts?
legendary
Has anything happened further with this event? I have not seen any dates as of yet, and nothing listed on the website.

Wow really? it was December last I heard here... why isn't that being announced?

Bitcoinica issue is delaying the organisation of this. Until Bitcoinica payouts have been made (which should hopefully be within a month).
donator
Activity: 980

donator
Activity: 2772
Merit: 1019

Activity: 95
Merit: 11

I'm happy to announce that Pieter Wuille (Sipa), core bitcoin developer will be speaking at Bitcion2012

From Belgium, he discovered bitcoin while a PhD student, he began trying to get the reference client to export and import private keys.

After some patches, he was asked by Gavin to join the team in May 2011, and since then spent a lot of time improving the client.

He's been involved in:
  • refactoring and cleaning up the code
  • key import/export
  • wallet encryption
  • message signing
  • compressed public keys
  • BIP30
  • blockchain download speedups
  • bugfixes

Currently working on:
  • deterministic wallets
  • IPv6 support

Apart from client development he also runs bitcoin.sipa.be, the hashrate monitoring site which also acts as a DNS seed for the bitcoin client.
R-
Activity: 238
Merit: 100
Pasta
Pages:
Jump to: