Pages:
Author

Topic: Bitcoin failed as a currency - page 25. (Read 7186 times)

Activity: 252
Merit: 10
July 28, 2018, 04:45:19 AM
To date it is too difficult for bitcoins to have a stable status, but in the future I believe that he will achieve great success and will bring a lot of money to people who have always believed in him
Activity: 64
Merit: 0
July 28, 2018, 03:56:04 AM
why did you think that bitcoin failed as a currency. I might be wrong but i still believe that bitcoin will become official currency one day
Activity: 63
July 28, 2018, 03:53:20 AM
I'm sure Bitcoin will never failed as a currency. In the future, It will develop more and more in order to achieve no.1 in the world
Activity: 69
July 28, 2018, 03:51:43 AM
It is clear that bitcoin has already been used as a currency in crypto market.
Activity: 101
July 28, 2018, 03:45:11 AM
I think Bitcoin never failed as a currency. Now a days many country accept bitcoin for there currency. Only need to some other countries negotiations with bitcoin.  It sure that Bitcoin never failed as a currency.
Activity: 181
Merit: 3
July 28, 2018, 03:32:41 AM
if I think bitcoin still has not failed to become a digital currency that can be accepted by all countries. if his name fails there is no single country that joins and receives bitcoin as a legitimate digital currency like paper currency .the proof is there are some countries that have joined and receive bitcoin as a valid digital currency
Activity: 294
Merit: 100
Your professional profile on the blockchain
July 28, 2018, 03:29:13 AM
Bitcoin was supposed to be used as a currency, not only a form of investment. However, it's been more successful as a form of investment, a "speculative asset".

Do you guys think that this can change in the long term ?

In my own opinion, bitcoin indeed is more popular as a medium for investment. But, it doesn't mean that it will loosing it role to be a currency at all. Maybe right now the trend is tend to make bitcoin more as a investment instrument than the currency, but in the future, maybe it can change, and the two role of bitcoin will be balance.
Activity: 14
July 28, 2018, 03:08:42 AM
We can't say this thing right now because the future are still bright with bitcoin. Yeah, for now a lot of black propaganda just to ruins bitcoin reputation but I still believe in the future of this thing, bitcoin will become a major currency in the future. This is just the beginning.
Well, bitcoin didn’t failed as a currency,bitcoin need for support from the government, so if the other countries support the crypto currency if their might be a chance for other crypto grow especially bitcoin
Activity: 122
Merit: 12
July 28, 2018, 03:05:18 AM
Bitcoin can not be used as a currency on the grounds that many countries have not been able to obtain Bitcoin as a legitimate instrument of transactions. But in his own world, he became for us actually a currency.
Activity: 69
July 28, 2018, 03:04:54 AM
I think nothing will change. But I don't see a problem. Let bitcoin remain digital gold, and for payments we have Ethereum. If you do not like Ethereum then EOS shows good transaction speed.
Activity: 197
July 28, 2018, 02:54:51 AM
in my opinion, bitcoin didn't failed as a currency. literally its a currency which widely use in internet for investment and other transactions is that just many people didnt know about btc and only few are knowledgeable about this crypto currency.
Activity: 84
July 28, 2018, 02:42:29 AM
Well, I wouldnot say that bitcoin failed as a currecy. Its still a currency, a digital currency. I know its virtual and we cannot use it like a dollar or euro but lots of other transactions can be carried out with the help of it. So i would better say its also a currency and not only investment
Activity: 31
July 28, 2018, 02:41:41 AM
bitcoin is currently used as a currency but it is only used for online transactions. I think bitcoin in the near future is likely to become currency when all countries accept bitcoin as currency general.
Activity: 112
July 28, 2018, 02:18:30 AM
Bitcoins can be considered as a digital currency as well as investment asset. Bitcoins will be in the mainstream  of all financial markets within the next ten years time.
Activity: 15
July 28, 2018, 01:46:40 AM
In spite of the fact that bitcoin failed as a cash, it wound up effective as a speculation in any case. What's making it looks disappointment as cash is that different nations are not into crypto for a few reasons and that is extremely one of the difficulties that bitcoin should go through to make it filled its need, IMO.
Activity: 138
July 27, 2018, 05:41:26 PM
Bitcoin was supposed to be used as a currency, not only a form of investment. However, it's been more successful as a form of investment, a "speculative asset".

You are right, bitcoin has clearly failed to realize its ultimate vision to become the world's currency.
but now bitcoin has another bigger goal, that is, as a long-term investment tool.
Activity: 33
Merit: 1
July 27, 2018, 05:34:09 PM
Bitcoin hasn't failed as a currency at all. Bitcoin is like cowrie shells, a community perceives value for bitcoin hence will always be used as a form of money. The size of the community is variable with the upper bound of the global population. Once the bitcoin receives mass acceptance, the price of bitcoin would gravitate to the cost of producing a bitcoin, having a lower volatility than today.

It depends on how you understand money, I have written an article outlining how money evolved historically and how cryptocurrencies can bring a drastic change in the money we use today, based on empirical arguments.

https://medium.com/@anvay.rane/are-we-about-to-redefine-money-again-4bed5344ebaa
Activity: 1218
Merit: 105
July 26, 2018, 10:14:46 PM

About 10 years ago, have you ever thought that there will be something called cryptocurrencies in which the people will invest heavily like they do at the moment? I guess the answer is "No". That is the unpredictable behavior of this industry and you can expect the unexpected in almost all the time. There is a higher probability that the cryptocurrencies to grow further and sometimes those may displace the fiat currencies from their current positions in the longer run.

I don't think that crypto currencies will displace or replace paper money in the future and this is insanely impossible to happen in reality. Why? Here I will tell some of the reasons why these virtual currencies won't replace fiat.

Money is important to every one of us and almost every people in the entire world needs money for survival. If all the currencies that we use are digital do you think that poor people will be able to use it? And if you think that crypto currencies will replace fiat in the future what will happen to those unfortunate people that have no access to the internet and doesn't have the ability to buy their own laptops or smartphones because this stuffs are the basic things that you'll need to use crypto currencies.

Crypto currencies are part of our evolving world and to be honest I really believe that these innovations will soon be massively adopted worldwide and majority of the countries will use this as an alternative to paper money but not replacing fiat.  Cool
Activity: 266
Merit: 1
July 26, 2018, 09:02:11 PM
Your statement makes a lot of sense, yes bitcoin was made to be a currency not something we invest in but I think there are still a lot of people using bitcoin as a currency. For example, I use bitcoin to buy stuffs and services online. I am still using bitcoin as a currency and not just investing on it. So bitcoin failing as a currency is a bold statement.
Activity: 217
Merit: 101
July 26, 2018, 08:39:50 PM
Long term I still want to see bitcoin reaches $20K again, and then to $40K. But now, it has to pass the resistance at $10K first!  Shocked

Everybody is waiting for it lol.  Grin
Pages:
Jump to: