Pages:
Author

Topic: Bitcoin for Taxi - page 21. (Read 6953 times)

copper member
Activity: 484
Merit: 110
August 30, 2017, 02:32:34 AM
Yes, that's a good idea. It will be great if there is any service like that. I wish I could have that service.  Smiley
Activity: 910
Merit: 251
August 30, 2017, 01:37:15 AM
Currently, Bitcoin cannot support such low payments, the average transaction fees for a $10-$20 are approximately $1.5-2. It's way too much for daily usage.
Aside from that, If the fare is 4 dollars then the transaction fees  is 1 to 2 dollars that wouldn't be good anyway. Though, it is sounds good to hear but there is a leak disadvantages that I saw. But if they can find a way to plan this, why not Wink
Activity: 448
Merit: 110
August 30, 2017, 01:31:33 AM
I think it would be great if you could pay your Taxi-drive with Bitcoin! U agree with me?

That would be a great idea if you really could pay taxi, uber, and buses with bitcoin worldwide. This will be a less hassle for us commuters and the transaction will improve too.
legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1016
August 30, 2017, 01:27:59 AM
I think it would be great if you could pay your Taxi-drive with Bitcoin! U agree with me?

I definitely agree with you brother. I would like to see that happening in real life. That will only happen if BTC gets mass-adopted by the larger portion of our population. It could be far-off for now but it could definitely happen. Also, as stated by the above post regarding the high transaction fees paid to the network, it is indeed not practical to pay your taxi using BTC accompanied by high fees. Hopefully, this problem will also be solved in the coming months.
I also agree with that. I would like to take that opportunity to use bitcoin in transportation likr taxi so that it can use and not wasted for anythings.
In advanced and developed countries, people are enjoying this facility already. Uber, a renowned transport Company, has accepted bitcoins as its payment method and if it is being used in your country, most probably it will be, I think you can also avail this facility. However, there is one little problem, the taxi drivers.
Activity: 406
Merit: 100
August 30, 2017, 12:50:36 AM
it will be very small part of btc, maybe if travell on long distance...
Activity: 644
Merit: 264
Aurox
August 30, 2017, 12:49:44 AM

That is not a new story. There is already a post in this forum pertaining to a taxi company accepting bitcoin as fees for the fare. The poster was named Xester and his post tackles about a big taxi company in Italy and Rome that accepts bitcoin payments. But we have no more updates to that and I guess it is still the only taxi company in the world that accepts bitcoin as a fare. But it would be better if those services will be extended not only in Rome and Italy but rather on other countries as well. If it happens we can expect a huge spike in bitcoins value if it will happen in a mass adoption across the globe.
Activity: 129
Merit: 3
bitrace® | JOIN NOW
August 30, 2017, 12:46:16 AM

that would be a great idea. it is easier to pay with bitcoins without worrying about paper currency, especially in other countries.
Activity: 72
Merit: 10
August 30, 2017, 12:43:02 AM
I think this is only suitable for a long trip, we are convenient in not carrying too much money. But the concern is how to pay in taxis, whether it is convenient or not. And I think a trip of several kilometers in the city, btc payment is not necessary.
Activity: 140
August 30, 2017, 12:41:06 AM
I don't agree much out of this idea for maybe because I won't be giving my bitcoin that easy. Cashing it out might be more practical and maybe a must. For bitcoin price changes in second how would we pay in fix if the value is increasing or the other way around do we pay much bigger when the value of bitcoin decreases. That's one of the problem.
Activity: 648
Merit: 101
August 30, 2017, 12:32:33 AM
Hopefully also in the Philippines, the payment bitcoin will surely be surprising because the Philippines has been upgraded and is in favor of people with bitcoins hiding.
Activity: 122
August 30, 2017, 12:22:27 AM
At the moment I think this is not as great as you think. You first have to think about how payment will be when you use btc and whether it is faster and more convenient than you take out your wallet and use cash to pay the driver.
legendary
Activity: 3038
Merit: 1032
RIP Mommy
August 30, 2017, 12:19:18 AM
How many taxi drivers DON'T smoke? Why would I want to pay BTC to make myself go into anaphylactic shock?
Activity: 1610
Merit: 102
August 30, 2017, 12:15:39 AM
This is a good idea but it is not possible to successfully implement it in the present context. Most of the taxi driver are not aware of Bitcoin currency and prefer to take their rent in the usual currency. On the other the transaction fee of Bitcoin is not suitable to pay small payment like taxi rent.I think it is possible in future because Bitcoin users increasing day by day.
Activity: 700
Merit: 500
August 29, 2017, 03:39:35 PM
Yes, it would be wonderful to pay for your trips with the help of bitcoin not only in your country, but also during travel. And not only a taxi, but also other modes of transport.
Eehm…if what you guys are referring to here is all about local taxi, man I would say that’s not possible, unless there happens to be a release of the lightening network. Bitcoin transaction with high priority fee takes minutes, close to an hour sometimes.
So, you expect a driver to wait as long as that? That’s a really bad suggestion, unless it’s Uber.
Activity: 364
Merit: 250
August 29, 2017, 06:50:37 AM
I drive a taxi in Brooklyn NY and have a sign in the back saying I accept Bitcoin. Well, yesterday finally someone wanted to pay me bitcoins, we agreed on a price of .004 bitcoins but, guess what, it was going to cost him almost $6 in fees to send me $16. We had wallet settings on low fees and fees made doing the transaction unreasonable. He was using Jaxx wallet on Android phone. I was disappointed. This is a bad sign, Bitcoin is broken. He ended up paying me cash

That's the reason why I think people will not pay in btc for their fares even if taxi drivers accept btc for payment. As much as we'd like to pay for all our everyday expenses such as fares and groceries via btc, we just can't because of those high fees. I hope someday it will be regulated and the fees will be reasonable in every transactions.
Activity: 210
August 29, 2017, 06:39:00 AM
Maybe it works with Uber and similar applications. But a simple taxi I Don't think it will be usefull.
Even with Uber, Bitcoin has to be legal first. 
Activity: 676
Merit: 319
August 29, 2017, 06:21:02 AM
Yes I agree. It will be great to pay Bitcoin for taxi
Activity: 949
Merit: 517
August 29, 2017, 05:59:45 AM
It is really helping that we an have app for bitcoin to taxi fare, it is design just for taxi fare only and we must buy token to the provider to load our account because right now network transaction has a delay so it is hustle to pay bitcoin directly to the account of taxi driver, it is good that we have this kind of app that send token directly to taxi driver like uber app to avoid transaction delay.
Activity: 672
Merit: 127
August 29, 2017, 04:51:43 AM
I think this is possible thru wallet to wallet payment. In our country, more and more people are using bitcoin wallet apps but using our currency. There will be no fee for every transaction. But using bitcoin, I think it will be applicable internationally if there's a taxi bitcoin base payment available then using QR code for every transaction. That will be great because I will no longer find a money exchanger every time I ride a taxi outside the country.
Activity: 664
Merit: 112
Ethernity CLOUD
August 29, 2017, 04:15:58 AM
I think it's hard if done in my place. because here bitcoin has not been so popular among the community. Maybe in another country can be done ...
Pages:
Jump to: