Pages:
Author

Topic: Bitcoin for Taxi - page 24. (Read 6953 times)

Activity: 434
Merit: 252
August 28, 2017, 04:22:12 AM
An idea in the future is likely to happen if it works, but for now it seems very difficult to realize bitcoin for taxi payments because money is still a top priority in terms of all payments.
Activity: 910
Merit: 501
August 28, 2017, 04:21:52 AM
I am really wondering how that would work.
The driver needs a confirmation that the payment is processed in a block, and that can take a while at the monet.
Otherwise it might happen that the transaction is not processed at all and the coins go back to the original wallet.
Waiting with the passenger in the car till that has happened is somehow not an option.
Activity: 308
Merit: 128
August 28, 2017, 04:07:17 AM
I think this could be if, the driver have also any kind of Bitcoin wallet to transfer their payment. And also this could be more convenient to those people who are using Bitcoin, because nowadays lots of crime involve hold-ups especially to those people who work  as a taxi driver, and you can't predict when or where it gonna happens, so if you are using Bitcoin your money is safe rather than carrying a cash.
Activity: 672
Merit: 500
August 28, 2017, 03:59:22 AM
Bad idea i wouldn't mind paying bitcoin for my taxi service wt all but the issue is most merchants always want atleast 1 confirmation and get 1 confirmation can take 40 minutes with the minimum fees or 10 minutes with highest fees. The only solution would be by assuming the fare and sending in before reaching the destination but no solution for fees you can consider the fees as tip
Activity: 42
Merit: 0
August 28, 2017, 03:39:24 AM
this is cool so I can bring fewer dollars to have comfortable transport.
Activity: 302
Merit: 120
August 28, 2017, 03:33:28 AM
Is it true? If this is true this is good news for bitcoin if paying a taxi with bitcoin is really happening then i will travel the world by taxi. I totally agree if this is really very happy to hear the news about this where people can pay taxi only with a smart phone with blockchain technology.
Activity: 719
Merit: 250
August 28, 2017, 03:07:06 AM
it would be a good use case of bitcoin . though not available here
Yes a good idea to use bitcoin in any services but one thing will be the problem is the high fees in every transactions. This would add a popularity to bitcoin because of this services just the transactions fees I hope will be lessen. 
Activity: 29
Merit: 0
August 28, 2017, 03:00:12 AM
 it would be a good use case of bitcoin . though not available here
Activity: 392
Merit: 257
August 28, 2017, 02:52:10 AM
I don't think that bitcoins use in small transactions us good idea as the transactions fees itself would be around $4 to $5 but if you are travelling very long distance then I think it's okay to use bitcoins but not for short distances.And as the bitcoin's price fluctuates any anything so you might regret how much you had used later.Best way to use bitcoins are to hold them for future as they might cost a fortune then.
Activity: 252
Merit: 100
August 27, 2017, 08:36:03 PM
I think this is a good idea given that we are now in or entering in the digital era. It will be a lot easier to pay digitally like Bitcoin. However, a lot of people still do not recognize Bitcoin as money. Some doesnt even now what Bitcoin is. The idea is good, however it is not yet to be utalized as payment for goods and services. For the meant time, what we can do is the idea of sigital payment. We can just maybe use cards like what we use in subways and busses in order to pay for taxi fares. It is just like loading the card and tapping it to a meter to pay for taxi fares.
Activity: 672
Merit: 253
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
August 27, 2017, 11:25:04 AM
I think if paying a taxi with bitcoin there should be a more effective system so it is not difficult and easier. This is a very good idea in the field of transportation. But in my opinion do not even complicate the way payment. for example by using bitcoin debit card, it will facilitate the taxi users who will go wherever their destination. so I think there needs to be a greater system handling so that taxi users who make a taxi payment will feel comfortable. If this can be realized of bitcoin will be more and more people who use it.
Activity: 361
Merit: 101
August 26, 2017, 03:19:54 AM
I think it would be great if you could pay your Taxi-drive with Bitcoin! U agree with me?
That's was nice and cool idea, I like the thought you had in this matter dude. It will be more convenient if this things happen, you will only pay using your mobile phone but the taxi must have their wifi connection in terms of doing transaction of payment.
Activity: 134
August 26, 2017, 01:39:45 AM
I think it would be great if you could pay your Taxi-drive with Bitcoin! U agree with me?

I definitely agree with you brother. I would like to see that happening in real life. That will only happen if BTC gets mass-adopted by the larger portion of our population. It could be far-off for now but it could definitely happen. Also, as stated by the above post regarding the high transaction fees paid to the network, it is indeed not practical to pay your taxi using BTC accompanied by high fees. Hopefully, this problem will also be solved in the coming months.
I also agree with that. I would like to take that opportunity to use bitcoin in transportation likr taxi so that it can use and not wasted for anythings.
Activity: 882
Merit: 403
August 26, 2017, 12:53:25 AM

While i like the thought of being able to use bitcoins with ease in our daily lives in small or big payments to happen, I think that it is still impossible as for today or in the near future because of the confirmation processes that almost takes forever to finish and the current fees for every transaction. Plus the biggest problem which is the sufficient knowledge that everyone must have if they want to use bitcoins or accept bitcoins as payment methods. I don't mean all those technical stuff that some of us already know but just the basics; how to store bitcoin, how to get a wallet, how to protect what you have, and how to spend.

Those are the things that really need attention from the people and the devs so bitcoin can be used by everyone in the future on their daily lives.
Activity: 462
Merit: 102
August 26, 2017, 12:40:40 AM
I don't see any practicality in paying taxi driver with bitcoin as the price increases.. It is better just hold on to it and pay the taxi drivers in cash.. I don't really think that is a bad idea but to have profit it is more essential to be on hold than sell..
legendary
Activity: 1092
Merit: 1001
August 26, 2017, 12:09:22 AM
Actually i am paying my taxi's with Bitcoin, i have a debit bitcoin card, it is so easy man, just download uber and you would be able to pay for your taxi's with cryptos.
But it would be a nice idea if you could pay directly with bitcoins, but it would take some time to make transactions, and if you pay with debit card (as i actually do) it takes no more than 1 minute, since they taxi driver only have to pass your card.
Activity: 350
BITDEPOSITARY - Make ICO's , More Secure
August 26, 2017, 12:06:04 AM
i have to disagree with you that paying bills including the fees also we have to wait a little longer untill reach first confirmations i think that is not too effective paying taxi with bitcoin and i personally for paying the cabs more prefer to use cash

It is possible.  I actually saw a documentary in New York if I am not mistaken, a girl rode a cab and pay using bitcoin through third party.

Even it is possible, considering the high price of bitcoin right now, I will not use my bitcoin to pay it for a ride.  I will keep them  and save them until it reach my target value.
legendary
Activity: 1652
Merit: 1000
August 26, 2017, 12:03:42 AM
i have to disagree with you that paying bills including the fees also we have to wait a little longer untill reach first confirmations i think that is not too effective paying taxi with bitcoin and i personally for paying the cabs more prefer to use cash
legendary
Activity: 1022
Merit: 1043
αLPʜα αɴd ΩMeGa
August 25, 2017, 11:56:42 PM
I guess its a good idea also, but considering for now the delays and its unstable prices, i think it should be better if they put some minimum fee for taxi from their respective local currency, because anyway they can convert it to bitcoins if possible, but if we should say that the minimum payment is 0.01 for example, the problem is that 0.01 has different values because of bitcoin's changes from time to time. And one more thing, it should be also better if before you ride on taxi you should have atleast had bookings or book with it, just to make sure and just in case.
Activity: 686
Merit: 146
August 25, 2017, 10:09:23 PM
I think here in the Philippines we could use our local online wallet to pay for our taxi fare,
And also it gives discount for the first use but never really tried it .

Really? In the Philippines? That's really cool, the local wallet has provided various services for its consumers.

I guess it would be convenient, sort of like how a credit or debit card works. For those who don't always have cash in their pockets, this would provide more options. But yeah, given the choice I would still choose to pay in fiat, because to pay in BTC won't be worth it. I'd rather hold the BTC that I have than spend it just for a taxi fare. It would be better if it would be available for other transportation services as well such as flights and and trains.
Pages:
Jump to: