Pages:
Author

Topic: Bitcoin for Taxi - page 22. (Read 6953 times)

Activity: 1162
Merit: 268
50% bonus on your First Topup
August 29, 2017, 04:05:01 AM
This is a good idea for using taxi for bitcoin like in uber and grab, good idea if this companies will be accepting bitcoin as one of their payment processor like in credit card, debit card. if i where one of that companies i will like to accept bitcoin as one of the payment gateway.
Activity: 36
Merit: 0
August 29, 2017, 04:04:28 AM
Moreover, I think it would be good to use Bitcoin not only for payments in a taxi but also in shops and restaurants. I think that we should more use Bitcoin in our everyday life.
Activity: 2590
Merit: 644
August 29, 2017, 03:32:32 AM
Yes it's a great idea if we can use bitcoin for such regular transactions. It is nice and easier to give tips to them.
We can't use bitcoin for regular transactions and bitcoin can be only use in big transactions in terms of being a wise bitcoin user because we have a high fee right now and it is very expensive for a usual transaction fee so if you will pay bitcoin for regular transactions then you will pay also at least 5 USD as a fee to just to fully execute the transaction.
Activity: 686
Merit: 107
August 29, 2017, 03:14:06 AM
Yes it's a great idea if we can use bitcoin for such regular transactions. It is nice and easier to give tips to them.
Activity: 448
Merit: 100
August 29, 2017, 03:05:17 AM
I think it would be great if you could pay your Taxi-drive with Bitcoin! U agree with me?
The transaction fee of bitcoin in small payments will make it expensive. I think it is better if there is a crypto token for this kind of service. Creating a new eth based token may be better compared to using bitcoin.
Activity: 196
Merit: 10
August 29, 2017, 02:59:24 AM
I think it would be great if you could pay your Taxi-drive with Bitcoin! U agree with me?

That would be great though not everyone knows and uses bitcoins in buying or purchasing goods and services.
Other countries are still trying to integrate bitcoin purchasing in their country.
Activity: 714
Merit: 261
August 29, 2017, 01:00:24 AM

Good news for you. Just call uber driver to pick you up and then pay him tips with bitcoin. :-)

Yes Uber is the taxi service and first of its kind who has started accepting the bitcoins. This news has increased craze amongst the new investors and think that it is going to help the bitcoin growth fund to increase a lot.

I'm pretty sure with the uber moving through the crypto world other services like cab, ola will also join the crypto hype soon. Who knows they will do it for not loosing the customers.
Merit: 252
August 28, 2017, 11:51:19 PM
No, i dont agree. Because the fee bitcoins for paying a small amount is very large and can take a long time just for confirmations. I think bitcoins only fit with a medium - large transactions in real life  Grin
Activity: 1974
Merit: 586
Free Crypto Faucet in Trustdice
August 28, 2017, 11:35:53 PM
If community accepts bitcoin completely this will happen. In general if payments received by cryptocurrency then it will not impossible. Also, btc is not a monetary unit that can take by hand, only online payments will be possible.
Right .... because bitcoin is very volatile, it will be difficult like a taxi tool, because not all passengers know about bitcoin.
legendary
Activity: 1147
Merit: 1007
August 28, 2017, 11:10:26 PM

I'd love that idea of yours, too. The problem though is if the confirmation time will take more time than the ride itself, I don't mind if the taxi business will stick to fiat transactions. I ride taxi almost only when I am in a hurry. That means I have no time to spend waiting for the confirmation.

Before it implement it should be tested. Some applications were fast on confirmation. The idea is intereating. It will be useful and convenient for tge taxi passenger.
Activity: 644
Merit: 261
August 28, 2017, 10:46:37 PM
I do not agree, because in our country most drivers do not join bitcoin world, why so, because they prefer to work in the field than the bitcoin hunters like this, and if we pay taxis with bitcoin, will they understand, I think not.

Maybe for now they weren't aware of the existence of bitcoin but later on when they know about it and your government regulates it then maybe that would be the time you will be seeing taxis trying out bitcoin as a payment option. Bitcoin is pretty much new especially to people who were born during industrial age and they are used to working in the field not online but then we are in the information age today and those who refuse to go with the flow will be left out like some companies did in the past.

However, the problem with this for now is the transaction fee. Passengers may opt out to pay in cash if the fare is in bitcoin because of high transaction fees. The fare would be higher then compared to cash. If fees are lower then maybe this is ideal for us bitcoin users but for now, it is not.
legendary
Activity: 2576
Merit: 1860
August 28, 2017, 10:46:24 PM

I'd love that idea of yours, too. The problem though is if the confirmation time will take more time than the ride itself, I don't mind if the taxi business will stick to fiat transactions. I ride taxi almost only when I am in a hurry. That means I have no time to spend waiting for the confirmation.
Activity: 686
Merit: 253
August 28, 2017, 10:37:08 PM
I do not agree, because in our country most drivers do not join bitcoin world, why so, because they prefer to work in the field than the bitcoin hunters like this, and if we pay taxis with bitcoin, will they understand, I think not.

Well they can be trained to know how to charge and accept Bitcoin if it becomes operational in your country. Every change is difficult and so is adapting Bitcoin and so with time and training they should be fine.
Merit: 101
This Is Promissing Project
August 28, 2017, 07:29:15 PM
Activity: 140
Merit: 100
August 28, 2017, 06:31:05 PM
That would be a great idea i guess,because i have some of my bitcoins exchanged to our currency and charged for it.This would be very smooth because exchanging the bitcoin into fiat is really time taking.So it will be very great if such services accept bitcoins directly.
legendary
Activity: 1526
Merit: 1001
August 28, 2017, 06:15:06 PM
Hmmm i guess it is really a great idea paying bitcoin in a taxi it will actually make the payment or the transaction faster but i guess the only problem will be the transaction speed or this i guess the 🚕🚕 taxi driver will waity for the transaction to confirm maybe if they have a fast transavtion it will work.
There should be new technology that can overcome this. Perhaps the amount of fee on the tier becomes one of the easiest ways that can be done at this time. Some people and taxi drivers have stated that if true bitcoin is used then there must be a better change. Do not let this add to the problem.
legendary
Activity: 1330
Merit: 1003
August 28, 2017, 05:47:14 PM
If community accepts bitcoin completely this will happen. In general if payments received by cryptocurrency then it will not impossible. Also, btc is not a monetary unit that can take by hand, only online payments will be possible.

Exactly, I think Uber is in pole position to start this globally as they've already allowed Bitcoin tipping for their drivers by their passengers. It just goes to suggest they might include Bitcoin as one of their means of payment soon and this will be interesting, I just can't wait to see how it works.

Wait are you saying you cannot pay for Uber in Bitcoin? I thought they just introduced it... and it is only for tips? That seems very weird to me. You would think if they go so far as to allow Bitcoin tipping that they would also include it into their platform as a payment option. Huh.
Activity: 280
Merit: 108
August 28, 2017, 04:55:24 PM
These days bitcoin transactions fees become higher and higher. Not so good for small transactions like paying a taxi.
Activity: 756
Merit: 253
August 28, 2017, 04:27:21 PM

Exactly, I think Uber is in pole position to start this globally as they've already allowed Bitcoin tipping for their drivers by their passengers. It just goes to suggest they might include Bitcoin as one of their means of payment soon and this will be interesting, I just can't wait to see how it works.
Activity: 1470
Merit: 509
August 28, 2017, 03:16:52 PM
Pages:
Jump to: