Pages:
Author

Topic: Bitcoin freelancing is dead? - page 6. (Read 769 times)

Activity: 1659
Merit: 687
LoyceV on the road. Or couch.
October 22, 2019, 06:28:39 PM
I've recently escrowed a few deals for a user who wanted a job done on the Services board.
It's rare, but it does still happen. It's hard to find though, there are many scammers but occasionally a new user with skills joins the forum.
legendary
Activity: 3276
Merit: 1202
October 22, 2019, 06:18:06 PM
Bear market killed everything when it comes to freelancing Sad as I'm struggle as well in order to catch some extra work in weekends but there are few projects willing to pay the worker like they should or they offer their coin which is crazy when we see how many of ICO's and IEO's are failing. After this bear end for good I hope that more jobs opportunity will rise again and we can work again for extra income as for sure there will be a lot of demands for coders , networks , devs and so on.
legendary
Activity: 3024
Merit: 2148
October 22, 2019, 06:02:16 PM
That's a false premise right from the start.  Bitcoin won't help alleviate poverty any more than a fiat currency would do.  It's money, not salvation sent from the heavens.

People were saying that since Bitcoin is the first global currency that doesn't care about borders, it would be easier to connect workers and employers, and especially help the so-called "unbanked". It makes some sense in theory, because Bitcoin has different properties than fiat, so why it didn't work as predicted?

Your best bet?  Join a signature campaign if you can.

I'm not asking how to make money here, just discussing the general state of the freelancing market in Bitcoin.
Activity: 1190
Merit: 306
October 22, 2019, 05:56:15 PM
It was theorized that Bitcoin will help alleviate poverty by allowing people to work online without any restrictions, but on practice this just isn't happening.
That's a false premise right from the start.  Bitcoin won't help alleviate poverty any more than a fiat currency would do.  It's money, not salvation sent from the heavens.

Your best bet?  Join a signature campaign if you can.  You're a hero member registered in 2016 so I'm sure you're well aware of what I'm talking about.  Some of them pay as much as a regular job.  The services section hasn't been a job posting section in quite some time, if ever.  Rarely do I see anyone looking for work unless it's some worthless task paying pennies.  Unfortunately I don't know of any other website where you can find some job that pays in bitcoin.  This is it as far as I know.
legendary
Activity: 3122
Merit: 1398
For support ➡️ help.bc.game
October 22, 2019, 05:54:48 PM
~snipped~

That is one of the chain-effect of the 2018 bear market. Some of the individuals or companies didn't able to withstand the wrath of it. And aside from that, even there is a so-called "project", maybe others aren't interested anymore to test the waters at those freelance works that pay in crypto.

Back during the hype of 2017, lots of projects just popped out of nowhere due to the fact that it's quite easy to set up a project as regulations aren't that strict.

But don't stop, if someone has a special talent, just continue offering services at any platform. However, consider thinking about other alternatives as we all know that any crypto-related works aren't bound to lasts forever.
Activity: 952
Merit: 513
October 22, 2019, 05:34:40 PM
The industry has moved from a more open style to a much more professional style, previously during the ICO boom period, people often hired people in the service board or other sites.

Nowadays, these get rich schemes have died down and are no longer popular and it's become a real life job market with much more regulations - most people will just recruitment agencies and other platforms to hire now.

It's good for the industry, means we are starting to see crypto-based buisnesses be taken a lot more seriously, but it's bad for the community.
legendary
Activity: 3024
Merit: 2148
October 22, 2019, 05:16:02 PM
I'm a person who would like to do some work for Bitcoin, so I monitor freelancing sites occasionally, and at this time I feel like the freelance market in Bitcoin is nearly dead. The Services board is 99% listings of services rather than people who are looking to buy some; XBTfreelancer is empty or has 1-2 projects most of the time; cryptogrind has mostly just ridiculously underpaid projects or again service announcements (shouldn't they be banned there?), and there's also not much available projects overall; workingforbitcoins has very little traffic, just a few projects per month.

It was theorized that Bitcoin will help alleviate poverty by allowing people to work online without any restrictions, but on practice this just isn't happening. In your opinion, what is the reason for this?
Pages:
Jump to: