Pages:
Author

Topic: Bitcoin Gold (BTG) - page 100. (Read 104204 times)

Activity: 504
Merit: 100
November 05, 2017, 08:57:06 AM
Despite BTC gold is really a scam coin and everybody it understands , I think BTG can make pump x2-x3 when it will list on Bittrex.  Wink
Activity: 714
Merit: 500
November 05, 2017, 08:45:24 AM

i don't think exchanges gives them out before mainnet is running with wallets ( hard deadline 8th Nov )

bought some from bitfinex ~$90, rising up nicely  Wink

cheers
Its really a surprise to see that even some people buy this kind of shitcoins which were got freely by just air drop.BTG still does not have any wallet support.I think its only traded in bittrex and yobit as a token.There is no service code publicly released.No miners support since it is said that mining algorithm would be modified so that even GPU systems could be used for mining making decentralization in bitcoin once again.

I would say to better dump it now itself before it gets the value of zero.
Activity: 209
Merit: 102
November 05, 2017, 08:35:20 AM
Replay Attack: If you execute a transaction on the BTG chain (when this is possible), someone could execute the same transaction on the BTC chain, since all hashes would be the same. He could simple steal your BTC. The same goes the other way around.
A protection on this attack (as implemented for BCH) would be to add a value (just a flag or modifier) in each transaction in order to create different hashes.
BCH already implemented this - but I do not know the status for BTG.
Activity: 454
Merit: 251
November 05, 2017, 08:31:42 AM
I think Bitcoin Gold will continue dumping until their shitcoin reaches an ATL of $0.001. Only then, will they finally milk the cow they have been fattening for so long and allow others to access their wallets. Getting BTG is useless because it's a shit coin. Period.

I highly doubt it's in their interest to let it dump to zero. I don't think the Gold developers are BTC whales and even if they were, they were unlikely to have all their BTC stored on Bitfinex for the snapshot. They are premining the chain, so they have a big interest in a successful launch.

I think it's much more likely that these guys are just incompetent. Clearly, the lead developer was unable to code replay protection, hence the initial delays. Now the testnet is in production and I think they are taking this time to take the premine. If they haven't launched the mainnet privately yet, that's the next step. It's all very scammy, but don't underestimate their "second mover" advantage in this new era of Bitcoin airdrop forks. Smiley
legendary
Activity: 2534
Merit: 1129
November 05, 2017, 08:19:40 AM
How is the status on the replay protection for BTG? I saw on github a feature request on this - but is it already implemented?

So please explain what exactly is replay protection. How does it work and why is it needed with BTG ??
Activity: 9
Merit: 0
November 05, 2017, 06:37:34 AM
i have 0.36 btc in my bittrex account when the btg fork happens. anyone know when bittrex will credit those btg to holders?

Quote from bittrex
If you have a Bitcoin (BTC) balance on Bittrex during the BTG ... Bitcoin Gold intends to perform a wallet balance snapshot at Bitcoin block ...
Activity: 209
November 05, 2017, 06:30:44 AM
How is the status on the replay protection for BTG? I saw on github a feature request on this - but is it already implemented?
Activity: 806
Merit: 507
Trusted Campaign manager
November 05, 2017, 06:15:54 AM
i have 0.36 btc in my bittrex account when the btg fork happens. anyone know when bittrex will credit those btg to holders?
I also searching for answer  of same question, I have 0.1 bitcoin in bittrex and also i have some amount in blockchain but didn't receive bitcoin gold right now. And know 2nd hard fork is on its why so i think this will take a month to make 2 blockchains working normally.
Activity: 97
Merit: 10
November 05, 2017, 04:53:17 AM

i don't think exchanges gives them out before mainnet is running with wallets ( hard deadline 8th Nov )

bought some from bitfinex ~$90, rising up nicely  Wink

cheers
Activity: 350
Merit: 250
November 05, 2017, 04:29:34 AM
Activity: 168
Merit: 10
Put it all on the line and go for broke
November 05, 2017, 04:25:53 AM
anyone been the guinea pig and got their btg? i am still waiting until i see if there are an issues. it seems the ones being traded on the exchanges are frpom the crook developers.
Activity: 21
November 05, 2017, 04:23:44 AM
who first in testnet ?  Cool
https://btgexp.com/richlist

Activity: 728
Merit: 252
November 05, 2017, 02:42:45 AM
Why until now btg have not yet appear?
I still waiting but have not yet certainty about this.
I hope btg is not scam..  Because before in bittrex they will give btg to BTC holder but until not it is not happen.
Activity: 221
November 05, 2017, 01:29:31 AM
New blog post, november 5
https://bitcoingold.org/bitcoin-gold-daily-update-testnet-participation-launch/
On the last page of "Bitcoin Gold Testnet Participation Manual":
"... the hard deadline (Nov 8 12:00 UTC) ..."
So the main net launch may not happen until wednesday 8/11.
legendary
Activity: 3836
Merit: 4969
Doomed to see the future and unable to prevent it
November 05, 2017, 12:03:40 AM
the testnet is work!. current block: https://btgexp.com/tx/47dab973a49b605c2d8e3ad7338a0cd9978b83ec3013e1fc1550c64959b1644d
look forward to launching the main network...

Nice to see these n00b accounts keeping us updated on this scam.
Activity: 21
November 04, 2017, 02:18:05 PM
the testnet is work!. current block: https://btgexp.com/tx/47dab973a49b605c2d8e3ad7338a0cd9978b83ec3013e1fc1550c64959b1644d
look forward to launching the main network...
legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 1041
November 04, 2017, 12:14:20 PM
Where can I create a Bitcoin Gold Address?
I want to use it for mining.
Please beware of the scammers on Twitter that do post sites where you can create a wallet!
Just make use of their official site https://btcgpu.org though it has been renamed to https://bitcoingold.org but you will be redirected anyway.
That is where you can find the list of all the wallets and exchanges accepting BTG. Anything outside that, then you should be weary and stay clear off it. Since you are creating it for mining, then you can just make use of coinomi or freewallet.
Activity: 1022
Merit: 503
November 04, 2017, 11:45:11 AM
shitty or not
its to early
2 weeks after fork guys
so be patience to see btg on your wallets

Yeah just remember that we're just getting a free coin so nothing to hurry about.
Me too is also waiting for my coins to arrive, I store my btc in coinomi wallet and been expecting that what happened in bch will happen again in btg like they just have an announcement if the coin is already available.
Shitcoin or not still this always sounds money to me ( because it's free ) but definitely not gonna buy back this coin.
Activity: 1148
Merit: 528
November 04, 2017, 11:03:07 AM
Hello,

Does anybody know which wallets plan to support the Bitcoin Gold (BTG) friendly fork on October 1st? And what, if anything, should be done by the user?
Ay, bitcoin gold sucks. It's whole hype went down in vain. All efforts and capital invested in it didn't get what was expected and it's team is so very new that it can't be trusted, just because it has a precessor of bitcoin in it. There is a need for more info about bitcoin gold as well as the team. And keeping it in your wallet will be risky, one it's because of the replay attack possibility and DDOS attack that occurred on the first day of release of bitcoin gold.
That was very much expected. Was there even any hype about the coin. The coin already sounded shitty and everything about its security totally raised a lot of questions in the first instance.  Just watch out until most people even get a hold of their coin and then end up dumping it. Then you will realize how worthless it is going to become and I really wonder if any one would want to mine the coin.

The more humiliating one is, more such forks and coins are being planned and in pipeline to be released. Anyway it is free money yet I feel not good for investor's point of view.
Activity: 45
November 04, 2017, 10:24:14 AM
shitty or not
its to early
2 weeks after fork guys
so be patience to see btg on your wallets
Pages:
Jump to: