Author

Topic: Bitcoin Gold (BTG) - page 104. (Read 104204 times)

Activity: 322
Merit: 100
November 01, 2017, 04:39:04 PM
Where can I create a Bitcoin Gold Address?
I want to use it for mining.
Please beware of the scammers on Twitter that do post sites where you can create a wallet!
Activity: 256
November 01, 2017, 03:29:15 PM
I saw people are minning but from where you got wallet address?
Activity: 70
Merit: 0
November 01, 2017, 01:50:11 PM
so, is it possible to setup a wallet now? or we should wait for the official start of the testnet?
November 01, 2017, 01:48:56 PM
Current Difficulty   659,396.48929548
Est. Next Difficulty   37,342.79666544 (Change in 1008 Blocks)
Next Network Block   869,905    (Current: 869,904)

How? When this is not even started... Are they premining?
November 01, 2017, 12:37:19 PM
From where i can get wallet??
Activity: 97
Merit: 10
November 01, 2017, 10:53:45 AM

don't know how reliable source this pool.gold is but:

Pool.gold‏ @pool_gold  6 min ago
BTG Testnet mining will start today at 7 PM UTC. http://pool.gold  . #BitcoinGold #Mining #cryptocurrency

https://twitter.com/pool_gold/status/925734569688616963

looks like it's set to go ,
interesting to see where price goes when it's possible to transfer btg from exchange to another, i guess it's possible in a few days ?

Activity: 2
November 01, 2017, 10:08:46 AM
I want to know that is it any desktop based wallet available?? i am seeming all mobile based and why are not still in desktop based wallet available??
Activity: 531
Merit: 250
November 01, 2017, 09:36:21 AM
All that I wanna know is how to hell do I split my Bitcoin on my Trezor?!?🤔😂😭
Activity: 1372
Merit: 512
November 01, 2017, 09:27:09 AM
Attention
A lot of sites that offer their services for obtaining a new currency Bitcoin Gold appeared.
Do not under any circumstances enter your data on these sites !!!!
btcgwallet - SCAM-wallet
getbtcgpu - SCAM site (@btcgpu)
btgolds - SCAM site @claimbtgold
btcgpu.me - SCAM wallet
Bitcoin Gold Support - fake support site
Bitcoin Gold Page - fake fan site
Be carefull

Thanks for the information. Too bad I trapped into one but gladly moved my funds to an other wallet before.
Activity: 364
November 01, 2017, 07:31:23 AM
Attention
A lot of sites that offer their services for obtaining a new currency Bitcoin Gold appeared.
Do not under any circumstances enter your data on these sites !!!!
btcgwallet - SCAM-wallet
getbtcgpu - SCAM site (@btcgpu)
btgolds - SCAM site @claimbtgold
btcgpu.me - SCAM wallet
Bitcoin Gold Support - fake support site
Bitcoin Gold Page - fake fan site
Be carefull
legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1196
STOP SNITCHIN'
November 01, 2017, 06:27:42 AM
What is the need for 'replay protection' if it is gonna use another protocol? I don't get it?

Anyone want to explain what I'm missing?

On a side note: We are gonna see a crap load of forks of BTC imho, why make an ALT from scratch, when you can call it a bitcoin fork for more crypto street cred?

The new way to flood the market with spam/scam/alt coins

Actually, now I am completely lost too. According to their blog, it is still a fork, since they already set a time or block height for forking from BTC blockchain. So now,,, they are implementing a new protocol, on the "old" chain. Then they do not need replay protection? But since they are doing it anyway this clearly means it was a fork.

A fork is just a different version of the protocol. A hard fork is an incompatible version of the protocol. That doesn't mean that replay protection is not necessary. If address/transaction format is identical between the two chains and the UTXO set is copied, transactions can be replayed on the second chain.

That means if you hold BTC and BTG on the same address and you try to send your BTG, your transaction could also be sent on the BTC chain. You could therefore lose BTC. This is the danger of replay attacks, and it's why adding protection against them is important.
Activity: 2296
Merit: 953
Temporary forum vacation
November 01, 2017, 06:07:50 AM
What is the need for 'replay protection' if it is gonna use another protocol? I don't get it?

On a side note: We are gonna see a crap load of forks of BTC imho, why make an ALT from scratch, when you can call it a bitcoin fork for more crypto street cred?

Actually, now I am completely lost too. According to their blog, it is still a fork, since they already set a time or block height for forking from BTC blockchain. So now,,, they are implementing a new protocol, on the "old" chain. Then they do not need replay protection? But since they are doing it anyway this clearly means it was a fork.

I know I am not a technical person but I thought I understood some of the technicalities with BTG.

You are right: 2018 will be the year of BTC forks. Who knows, even BCH, BCG and Segwit2x will themselves fork.
Activity: 5
November 01, 2017, 06:04:16 AM
Hey everyone,

Hoping I can get some advice with a technical BTG question.

I moved my BTC to my BlockChain.INFO wallet from my Trezor Wallet pre BitCoin Gold Split/Fork few days back
If I move my BTC back to my Trezor Wallet does that effectively mean my BTG are still in my BlockChain.Info wallet / the associated private key?
So in theory I just use this private key in a BTG wallet to then access my BTG?
Assuming this is correct any suggestions on a BTG wallet to use?

Thanks

Activity: 54
November 01, 2017, 05:51:48 AM

I have asked that one several times. No answer.

Something not right here. I wouldn't trust this at all.

I think the Core team wants the BTG team to have that. So they will have that.
legendary
Activity: 2534
Merit: 1129
November 01, 2017, 05:50:26 AM

I have asked that one several times. No answer.

Something not right here. I wouldn't trust this at all.
copper member
Activity: 2898
Merit: 1465
Clueless!
November 01, 2017, 05:37:29 AM
The bicoin gold is a fork of bitcoin cash, but no one knows what will happen next date they said. Maybe it is the another altcoin that bitcoin made the price will increase again but no one knows.

BTG is NOT a fork of BCH. It is not a fork (hard-fork) of anything, it's a new blockchain.

Bitcoin Gold is not a fork of Bitcoin Cash. If it was, it should not have affected Bitcoin itself because Bitcoin Cash is now running on its own apart from Bitcoin. Anyway, if Bitcoin Gold cannot be considered a hard-fork of Bitcoin, I guess it can still fall within a fork classification. Perhaps a soft fork or a mere copy of Bitcoin.

The term fork is misused here.  BTG is a separate blockchain, not a fork. It is merely being distributed in proportion to the BTC chain at a snapshot date.

Confusion may be caused by another common reference : A Crypto based on the prgram code of a forerunner is sometimes termed a 'fork' of the codebase.

legendary
November 01, 2017, 05:29:21 AM
The bicoin gold is a fork of bitcoin cash, but no one knows what will happen next date they said. Maybe it is the another altcoin that bitcoin made the price will increase again but no one knows.

BTG is NOT a fork of BCH. It is not a fork (hard-fork) of anything, it's a new blockchain.

Bitcoin Gold is not a fork of Bitcoin Cash. If it was, it should not have affected Bitcoin itself because Bitcoin Cash is now running on its own apart from Bitcoin. Anyway, if Bitcoin Gold cannot be considered a hard-fork of Bitcoin, I guess it can still fall within a fork classification. Perhaps a soft fork or a mere copy of Bitcoin.

The term fork is misused here.  BTG is a separate blockchain, not a fork. It is merely being distributed in proportion to the BTC chain at a snapshot date.

Confusion may be caused by another common reference : A Crypto based on the prgram code of a forerunner is sometimes termed a 'fork' of the codebase.
Activity: 1050
Merit: 508
November 01, 2017, 05:04:44 AM

legendary
November 01, 2017, 05:02:01 AM

https://bitcoingold.org/replay-protection-development/

Bitcoin Gold Daily Update – Replay Protection fully implemented
Nov 1, 2017 | Development
In order to ensure the safety of the Bitcoin ecosystem, Bitcoin Gold has implemented full replay protection, an essential feature that protects users’ coins from being spent unintentionally.
Bitcoin Gold has just implemented a solution called SIGHASH_FORK_ID replay protection. It is an effective two-way replay protection mechanism that enforces a new algorithm to calculate the hash of a transaction so that all new Bitcoin transactions will be invalid on Bitcoin Gold blockchain and vice versa. This makes replaying transactions impossible.

This doesn't make sense to me.

How is a replay transaction going to be possible with a fresh blockchain using a different hash function ?

Something smells bad here, unless someone can explain properly, in technical terms.
legendary
November 01, 2017, 04:58:07 AM

Jump to: