Author

Topic: Bitcoin Gold (BTG) - page 106. (Read 104204 times)

Activity: 182
Merit: 102
October 31, 2017, 07:51:37 AM
Are there any good news to this BTG? it seems all news here are all scary and bad.
Activity: 69
Merit: 0
October 31, 2017, 07:45:04 AM
Hello,

Does anybody know which wallets plan to support the Bitcoin Gold (BTG) friendly fork on October 1st? And what, if anything, should be done by the user?

No major exchanges or wallets have made a statement about trading Bitcoin Gold yet. Exchanges will likely open to Bitcoin Gold after its official launch, which will be at the beginning of November.

Once there are available wallets for Bitcoin Gold, the entire process will be similar to the Bitcoin Cash split.
Activity: 69
October 31, 2017, 07:35:42 AM
Hello,

Does anybody know which wallets plan to support the Bitcoin Gold (BTG) friendly fork on October 1st? And what, if anything, should be done by the user?

Any Bitcoins (BTC) that you currently have will grant you an equal amount of Bitcoin Gold when the fork occurs. This does not, however, apply to the exchanges wallets. Hence, you must transfer your Bitcoins to a secure wallet.
Activity: 196
Merit: 14
I don't think sMerit harvesting is a serious crime
October 31, 2017, 06:40:55 AM
And why some people hates hard forks? 2 hard forks Bitcoin Cash and Gold has nothing to do with Bitcoin, right?
It just helped Bitcoin to pump more and these forks are created from Bitcoin's backbone core. Somehow, will compete Altcoins.
Activity: 256
Merit: 100
October 31, 2017, 06:09:46 AM
when is the BTG blockchain supposed to become live (if it ever does and isn't a scam) Huh?

I had the impression before that the scheduled date was Nov 1st because that was when BitFlyer had announced they would release tokens ("If the security of both chains was ensured")

but looking at the official blog
https://bitcoingold.org/bitcoin-gold-daily-dev-update-28-10-2017/

it looks like its only testnet which will be released on nov1st Huh?

WTF Huh?

Why did BitFinex release those BTG tokens well before the chain is live and make anyone holding a short position short those tokens Huh this is really a SCAM
I hope in 1 November will be aveliable for mining if not it will be like my girlfriend . Sending me messages i will be done in 30 min, if im not read it again... Haha!
Activity: 174
October 31, 2017, 04:43:29 AM
when is the BTG blockchain supposed to become live (if it ever does and isn't a scam) Huh?

I had the impression before that the scheduled date was Nov 1st because that was when BitFlyer had announced they would release tokens ("If the security of both chains was ensured")

but looking at the official blog
https://bitcoingold.org/bitcoin-gold-daily-dev-update-28-10-2017/

it looks like its only testnet which will be released on nov1st Huh?

WTF Huh?

Why did BitFinex release those BTG tokens well before the chain is live and make anyone holding a short position short those tokens Huh this is really a SCAM
legendary
Activity: 2534
Merit: 1129
October 30, 2017, 07:22:40 PM
someone test the wallets on the bitcoingold site to claim the BTG ? It is the same moves as by the BCH fork and claiming, right ?

Nope, nothing like it. Totally different.
Activity: 169
October 30, 2017, 04:25:52 PM
someone test the wallets on the bitcoingold site to claim the BTG ? It is the same moves as by the BCH fork and claiming, right ?
Activity: 176
October 30, 2017, 04:18:30 PM
"BTG is not serious fork" said admin on this forum, yeah like shitecoin

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.23535401
Activity: 14
October 30, 2017, 03:55:21 PM
BTG is a shitcoin, should dissapear asap.
legendary
Activity: 3836
Merit: 4969
Doomed to see the future and unable to prevent it
October 30, 2017, 03:53:30 PM

Nope I did not find any exchange sites to do trading with this BTG.

I have already sold this $$it week ago on Yobit

smart move.
Activity: 100
Merit: 11
October 30, 2017, 03:51:24 PM

Nope I did not find any exchange sites to do trading with this BTG.

I have already sold this $$it week ago on Yobit

legendary
Activity: 3836
Merit: 4969
Doomed to see the future and unable to prevent it
October 30, 2017, 03:49:07 PM
Is there any exchange that accepts BTG deposits?

I think they are all closed ecosystems right now...

Pray tell how you would even send it?

how many problems with this bitcoin gold

All of them, no wallet, no active chain, , no open sourced, Huge Pre-mine added and the Devs are retards that cannot even patch the code. Just do a google search, you will see. The only ones that are going to make money on this are the ones that dumped the tokens they received on the small exchanges that opened trading with tokens and the devs who will dump the pre-mine as soon as it gets listed on an exchange. they will certainly beat everyone to the punch when the wallet finally gets released.
Activity: 448
Merit: 101
October 30, 2017, 11:54:05 AM
how many problems with this bitcoin gold
legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1006
October 30, 2017, 10:40:05 AM

Nope I did not find any exchange sites to do trading with this BTG. Maybe no is supported this coin like how they supported BCH last time.
I am not sure about this BTG future, and there is no assurance that this coin will stand in the market or wash out.
Activity: 72
Merit: 10
October 30, 2017, 09:44:48 AM

copper member
Activity: 2898
Merit: 1465
Clueless!
October 30, 2017, 06:00:40 AM
Do you have to claim BTG by a date like Bitcore?

or

Is it like Bitcoin Cash ....it simply is in snapshot mode to convert if/when you wish to?

thanks

It's a snapshot. No claiming, no centralized airdropping, just a clean copy of the UTXO set.

The upside of that is that it's convenient and easy for bitcoiners to take advantage of the airdrop. The downside is that this has to equate to a lot of selling pressure. I think a lot of people just planned to immediately dump the BTG. Given that, I'm surprised its price has been holding around 0.025-0.03 BTC for the last couple days.

People are surprisingly bullish on these forks. Personally, I plan to sell within the first couple days of the network launch. I prefer lower market cap coins; such a huge market cap out the gate means you can't participate in all the growth....

As an aside to the dumping deal above. I'm in USA where the IRS hates the idea of money dropping out of the sky w/o being taxed. Thus the Bitcoin Cash and/or Seqwit2x and/or Bitcoin Gold Forks....being worth cashing out...I was informed that LIKELY ( by my CPA)  the IRS would consider this a STOCK SPLIT kinda thing..you just leave it be and you are fine...if you spend it..it will be a TAXABLE event..thus the good old income tax. (In my case this year 47% with state/local/soc sec etc as a small biz mining crypto...this years rate)

Thus I'm just letting it ride for 1 year and a day...at that point I can cash it out like BTC or other crypto and only pay 20% capital gains tax ..more or less.

Anyway, how I'm gonna play it....again....the IRS does not like free money falling out of the sky..you blow it ..you likely will pay taxes on it...also remember the IRS can go
7 years in the past for checking your taxes out.....I'm sure they will have the crypto tools by than to do so and the incentive especially if we got to the vaulted 20k per BTC....
they will have all the incentive in the world to play data mining on such stuff imho .... 7 years down the road from now....

Activity: 560
Merit: 101
October 30, 2017, 05:59:08 AM
Long way for BTG, it does not satisfy the atttibutes of a forked currency and its application have been shaky. We will see after its Nov. 1 launch. Warnings and non support from many exchanges about BTG must be condidered even as there are interest for the chance of being credited the BTG amount. I believe it cannot replace BTC because as a fork it is an air-drop.
Activity: 756
Merit: 103
October 30, 2017, 05:57:10 AM
Given that, I'm surprised its price has been holding around 0.025-0.03 BTC for the last couple days.
Most people hold their BTC in their own wallets, not online. And it is not possible to claim any BTG so far as there is no wallet, well, besides that scam Electrum-Gold without sources. As soon as that becomes available, if ever, the price will crash, rightfully so.
Activity: 697
Merit: 520
October 30, 2017, 05:42:47 AM
Do you have to claim BTG by a date like Bitcore?

or

Is it like Bitcoin Cash ....it simply is in snapshot mode to convert if/when you wish to?

thanks

It's a snapshot. No claiming, no centralized airdropping, just a clean copy of the UTXO set.

The upside of that is that it's convenient and easy for bitcoiners to take advantage of the airdrop. The downside is that this has to equate to a lot of selling pressure. I think a lot of people just planned to immediately dump the BTG. Given that, I'm surprised its price has been holding around 0.025-0.03 BTC for the last couple days.

People are surprisingly bullish on these forks. Personally, I plan to sell within the first couple days of the network launch. I prefer lower market cap coins; such a huge market cap out the gate means you can't participate in all the growth....
Jump to: