Author

Topic: Bitcoin Gold (BTG) - page 114. (Read 104204 times)

Activity: 1820
Merit: 418
Telegram: @worldofcoinss
October 24, 2017, 06:53:34 AM
Bitcoin Gold? What the heck is that? I've never heard of it before. Btw, on marketcoincap, BTG is assigned to Bitgem. 

Bitcoin Gold is a fork of bitcoin just like Bitcoin Cash. One of the notable changes is that they have changed algorithm to Equihash which makes it asic resistance and its a memory intensive algorithm. The idea is to bring back GPU mining plus some other changes.

Well Asic machines will no longer be used to mine and also it will free up the bitcoin network from the larger companies that offer these types of miners.
I think BTG can be a game changer no doubt about it.  I think now is up to the miners.  Once the miners make that choice we will know where is headed.
Activity: 434
Merit: 250
October 24, 2017, 06:46:32 AM
maybe you will get information on this thread
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/ann-bitcoin-gold-make-bitcoin-decentralized-again-2284289
I hope it helps you to find what you are looking for BTG wallet
Activity: 308
Merit: 10
October 24, 2017, 05:55:03 AM
BTG coins should be available in few days/one week, depending when the DEV team will manage to mine one block

Hopefully it will stay around 0.05 BTC
Activity: 490
Merit: 136
October 24, 2017, 05:52:07 AM
you dont have to do anything on your bittrex account the will credit you 1:1 after the first block is mined. the other account im not sure.
As far as I know, there's not even a wallet yet. So all trading now happens on Bitcoin Gold that was given by exchanges themselves, to existing Bitcoin holders?
That's kinda what happened to Bitcoin Cash too: first a high price, then a huge dump once people could deposit, followed by a pump&dump weeks later.

It's interesting to see how all alts are rising once this fork is over! The entire market got manipulated by a few guys hyping a fork.
i think maybe there was a bit of a bitcoin bump in order to get bitcoingold and some of the alts suffered but it looks like bitcoin is down now and a lot of alts are up. i think i saw on the bitcoingold site that coinomi wallet was supporting the fork
Activity: 363
Merit: 250
October 24, 2017, 05:52:01 AM
Here is the announcement from Bittrex:

http://www.newsbtc.com/2017/10/24/bittrex-release-statement-bitcoin-gold/

All the Bittrex users will be getting free airdropped Bitcoin gold coins, but the trading facility will not be immediately available in the exchange. But at the same time, BTG futures have already started trading in some of the exchanges such as YoBit.
I think bittrex will just wait for it to be launch on november 1st before listing it into their exchange or it might not, but a lot of other exchange might list bitcoin gold.
Activity: 98
October 24, 2017, 05:48:29 AM
Does someone managed to receive some BTG using the private keys? Please share your experience.
I do not think that BTG is a good investment so I want to get it and sell ASAP.
Activity: 770
Merit: 100
October 24, 2017, 05:48:11 AM
alevlaslo +1000 .. best choice will be to kill-purge-destroy all coins on ASICs .... fuck decentralized BITMAIN and same companies   ... CPU+GPU=love
Activity: 1988
Merit: 593
October 24, 2017, 05:39:08 AM
in November will be a hard fork of bitcoin because Bitmain wants to be a owner of bitcoin, in this case, it will crash all the coins that are mined on asics, people will move to those that are mined on graphics cards. Buy these coins, it will take off in price! https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.23452922
legendary
Activity: 3752
Merit: 1217
October 24, 2017, 05:38:23 AM
Here is the announcement from Bittrex:

http://www.newsbtc.com/2017/10/24/bittrex-release-statement-bitcoin-gold/

All the Bittrex users will be getting free airdropped Bitcoin gold coins, but the trading facility will not be immediately available in the exchange. But at the same time, BTG futures have already started trading in some of the exchanges such as YoBit.
Activity: 60
October 24, 2017, 05:34:05 AM
Anyone know when ledger will enable support for this?
Activity: 282
October 24, 2017, 05:21:14 AM
btcgpu.org is down.

This is the second time that their website is down! At first, they said that they got a DDOS attack... But why is it down now? How hard is it to keep the website up?
I am a web developer, currently taking care of about 50 websites and it never happened in my whole career except one time when I was using a cheap hosting lol. This project is scammy, but still getting a lot of support from everyone. I was checking the BTG when I found this: https://www.reddit.com/r/CryptoCurrency/comments/757jf4/here_is_why_bitcoingold_is_shady_and_a_scam_you/ I can't trust BTG.

Not sure how they can get DDOS as they had Cloudflare to mitigate them.

Up till now, it seems like nobody know how to claim the coin for private wallet.
Activity: 185
October 24, 2017, 04:58:07 AM
There is a list of those on official website of Bitcoin Gold. Stay tuned)
legendary
Activity: 3290
Merit: 16489
Thick-Skinned Gang Leader and Golden Feather 2021
October 24, 2017, 04:55:06 AM
you dont have to do anything on your bittrex account the will credit you 1:1 after the first block is mined. the other account im not sure.
As far as I know, there's not even a wallet yet. So all trading now happens on Bitcoin Gold that was given by exchanges themselves, to existing Bitcoin holders?
That's kinda what happened to Bitcoin Cash too: first a high price, then a huge dump once people could deposit, followed by a pump&dump weeks later.

It's interesting to see how all alts are rising once this fork is over! The entire market got manipulated by a few guys hyping a fork.
copper member
Activity: 504
Merit: 251
October 24, 2017, 04:39:51 AM
When it will be happen? I just heard about bitcoin gold recently. If the scheme like when bitcoin cash born, I mean fork on November, who is hold bitcoin on their wallet will receive bitcoin gold, this is good chance for buying bitcoin when bitcoin get deep correction.
Hey Guys, how to get the BTC gold i am... i have some bitcoin in bittrex and coss exchanger so what should i do if i want to get bitcoin gold.
please get the details about that if you have free time. i am looking forward to your response..
thanks

we'll see if in bittrex we will get 1: 1 for bitcoin gold ?, at least yes,
because bittrex has given information about fork
Activity: 128
October 24, 2017, 04:26:35 AM
When it will be happen? I just heard about bitcoin gold recently. If the scheme like when bitcoin cash born, I mean fork on November, who is hold bitcoin on their wallet will receive bitcoin gold, this is good chance for buying bitcoin when bitcoin get deep correction.
Hey Guys, how to get the BTC gold i am... i have some bitcoin in bittrex and coss exchanger so what should i do if i want to get bitcoin gold.
please get the details about that if you have free time. i am looking forward to your response..
thanks

Activity: 406
October 24, 2017, 04:22:52 AM
thanks
Activity: 25
Merit: 0
October 24, 2017, 04:16:41 AM
btcgpu.org is down.

This is the second time that their website is down! At first, they said that they got a DDOS attack... But why is it down now? How hard is it to keep the website up?
I am a web developer, currently taking care of about 50 websites and it never happened in my whole career except one time when I was using a cheap hosting lol. This project is scammy, but still getting a lot of support from everyone. I was checking the BTG when I found this: https://www.reddit.com/r/CryptoCurrency/comments/757jf4/here_is_why_bitcoingold_is_shady_and_a_scam_you/ I can't trust BTG.
Activity: 224
IDEX - LIVE Real-time DEX
October 24, 2017, 04:13:25 AM
I'm really confused about BTG... Since it is live at yobit, does it mean that we can mine now?
Activity: 6
Merit: 0
October 24, 2017, 04:08:02 AM
btcgpu.org is down.
Activity: 1988
Merit: 593
October 24, 2017, 03:58:02 AM
on Bitfiniex 160$
Jump to: