Pages:
Author

Topic: Bitcoin Gold (BTG) - page 55. (Read 104204 times)

Activity: 373
Merit: 100
November 22, 2017, 06:02:44 AM
I'm more interested in bitcoin cash than with bitcoin gold. because bitcoin cash in my opinion is more potential than bitcoin gold. just look at its popularity now, it's amazing. Bitcoin gold I thought it would not be like bitcoin cash.
Activity: 350
Merit: 250
November 22, 2017, 05:58:27 AM
Recieved my 0.36 bitcoin gold in bittrex yesterday and sold it for 0.04 btc each im happy with it Smiley i dont know if there will still be some good development with btg but free money is always good Smiley
Activity: 697
Merit: 520
November 22, 2017, 05:48:26 AM
These are joke coins.
Bitcoin diamond incoming

Yeah, the BTG launch was a real joke. Each new airdrop coin shows how ridiculous the last one was.

Having said that, Bcash and Bgold might be in categories of their own. Bcash actually has a community and is backed by some major miners, exchanges, services and payment processors. It's established itself as an altcoin with its own identity.

Bgold lacks most of those things, but they get the "first mover" advantage for the "free fork coins." For that reason, people seem interested. The price pumped quite a bit over the past day, and Bittrex just added markets for it (including a USDT market due to "popular demand").
Activity: 406
November 22, 2017, 05:46:39 AM
Nooooo I sold all my Bitcoin Gold on the first day,
I want to buy them back but I can't right now.

Maybe it's time to invest in Bitcoin cash.
One day it would be the second bitcoin.

I don't like bitcoin gold anymore because of pre-mine.

Activity: 924
Merit: 18
November 22, 2017, 05:33:16 AM
I suggest holders of the BTG to hide them and wait for the rise as in the case of bitcoin cash
Activity: 86
Merit: 10
November 22, 2017, 05:26:58 AM
New pool bitcoin gold — https://btgmine.pro (PPLNS, FEE-0%)
Activity: 62
Merit: 0
November 22, 2017, 05:10:10 AM
I think, the result of bitcoin gold has not brought any significant effect. this may be a bit different from bitcoin cash, because when bitcoin cash is shared, everyone who owns it tries to sell it, and it becomes the best coin in the market to trade.
legendary
Activity: 2380
Merit: 1343
November 22, 2017, 05:03:00 AM
Many users that use BTG start now to sell them money (because price down fast)
Most people will not sell their Bitcoin Gold if they can't arbitrage the markets. Only a few people will sell their coins for personal gains.

well its a free money if we already knew what will happen to btc cash would you think that people will sell it? just another opportunity that we
shouldn't missed though its really a risk to take but if you can hold for much longer time and wait for the pumpers to  do their job for sure you
will earned much bigger, bitcoin gold was introduce almost same amount of bitcoin inside trex i'm not sure who take that ride and enjoy a big
value of their free money.
Well i will also be holding my BTG. they are free tokens
so there is nothing to loose really.

Looking at BCC and how that has stabilised at around
$1200 BTG could enjoy something similar, it all depends
on adoption.
Activity: 868
Merit: 504
November 22, 2017, 04:15:07 AM
As with Bitcoin Gold (BTG), I guess its gonna go up in a couple of days. I think should reach 400-500 easily in couple of days and treat it as free money just like BCH. Wish to keep it on cold stored.
Activity: 9
November 22, 2017, 03:42:18 AM
Super duper, ultra, pump for BTG to 0.4 is going to happen before people can claim their free coins from other exchanges.

Activity: 308
November 22, 2017, 12:33:19 AM
These are joke coins.
Bitcoin diamond incoming
Activity: 294
November 22, 2017, 12:31:42 AM
Does anyone know any working bitcoin gold explorer? I haven't claimed my BTG yet.I am aware of btgexp.com bitcoin gold explorer.I tried searching my bitcoin address there to check BTG i have on my address(I am sure i have bitcoin on that address before the fork,during the fork and still have) but it gives error search found no results.Am i doing something wrong? Any one know any other bitcoin gold explorer?
Activity: 91
November 21, 2017, 08:20:30 PM
BTG is still better than 90% of the altcoins despite anything negative that happened. Just accept it, if BTC had 100 forks in the next few months, the 100 forks would be better holds than the other cryptos.

Can you explain this a bit more? I dont get why it should be better than 90% of alts. Only because its a fork of bitcoin or what? If its for the tech, than there are a many other coins with more advanced tech than Bitcoin, just with a smaller user base or am I getting that wrong?

It's an improved bitcoin in my opinion. It lacks of developement skill but that's something they can improve as the time goes. Satoshi didn't want chinese centralized mining. GPU mining is the most decentralized way to mine.

Imagine if China has a big attack that shuts down its power. BTC is done, BCH is done and BTG will thrive.
Activity: 238
November 21, 2017, 08:05:09 PM
In previous Bitcoin forks some exchange have granted BTC holders an equivalent amount of coins in the forked currency, for example Bitcoin Cash (BCC).

However, in the BTG fork, the exchange I'm currently using (Luno) has not credited its users with BCC yet. I guess it is up to them to decide if they want to do it, since they will need to start supporting BCC as a currency as well.

But does anyone know what happens to the coins that they are "not giving us" then? Are those exchanges becoming rich from our investments?

Well, generally speaking its up to the exchanges if they will acknowledge the fork and therefore accredit their investors their forkcoins. But it is never good to let your BTC (or any other coin that is forking) on exchanges, because you dont control the private keys there and therefore are dependent on the goodwill of the exchange. On top one should always inform themselves if they will give the coins from the fork or not. If they dont, it will most likely be communicated prior to the fork (if not, I would consider leaving that exchange for good). If they dont do it, they will still be credited the BTG from the fork and most likely get rich from them. But its the users fault to let their BTC there in the first place.
Activity: 275
Merit: 34
Automated Bitcoin Fork Claiming
November 21, 2017, 07:54:12 PM
Having a hard time getting my Bgold from breadwallet to coinomi

We can help you do this if you would like.

Is there are reputable exchange where you can send your pre fork BTC to that will give you the correct amount of BTG?

Nope. You must find your private keys and move it yourself. We are available to help and anxious to prove that we can do this service fast and securely. There are many out there with stuck BTG and we can free them up fast for a quick sale at (what we think) are high prices.
Activity: 66
November 21, 2017, 07:00:28 PM

Sold some BTG a few days ago at HitBTC for $150  Undecided
legendary
Activity: 1288
Merit: 1087
November 21, 2017, 06:19:32 PM
Is there are reputable exchange where you can send your pre fork BTC to that will give you the correct amount of BTG?

nope. splitting is your problem. as soon as you move your bitcoins to an exchange you're abandoning the private keys linked to the btg anyway.
Activity: 130
Merit: 145
November 21, 2017, 05:39:53 PM
Activity: 756
Merit: 502
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
November 21, 2017, 05:14:02 PM
finally bittrex listed bitcoin gold and credited us as the snapshot !

but at 250$ price i don't think it was worth it to hold your BTC !

Why? BTC has been outperforming most of the markets, with a few short-lived pumps aside. The BTG/USD chart actually looks fairly bullish to me, like it's emerging upwards from an accumulation phase. So you might get your wish.

May be there was such question already. but still - I cant transfer my btg to any other adress ourside of Bitfinex. Can it be Bitfinex blocks widtrawals of Btg?

I don't think Bitfinex deposits/withdrawals are active yet for Bitcoin Gold. 5 days ago, their support team said:

We are currently testing the blockchain and will be allowing withdrawals/deposits once we deem the BTG blockchain as safe. We have no ETA for this, but rest assured that we are working hard on enabling this as soon as possible.

So it looks like anyone with BTG on Bitfinex is still stuck. Deposits/withdrawals are active on HitBTC and Bittrex. Bittrex also just opened a new BTG/USDT market a few hours ago.
Activity: 72
November 21, 2017, 05:11:53 PM
How to check my BTG balance? bitcoingold.org is down at the moment, is there any other way?
Pages:
Jump to: