Pages:
Author

Topic: Bitcoin Gold (BTG) - page 57. (Read 104204 times)

Activity: 686
Merit: 107
November 21, 2017, 10:36:55 AM
I think BTG is supported in some exchanges like HitBtc wherein if you place your bitcoins on the exchange at the time of the fork, you will obtain the same number of BTC on your BTG wallet.
Activity: 238
Merit: 100
November 21, 2017, 10:30:10 AM
Please keep in mind that the developers premined 100K coins (currently ~ 25 Million Dollars!!) at the new BTG blockchain. They were involved in ICO scams in the past and were caught manipulating pool software to their favour.

All six developers are millionaires right now - and I am pretty sure they don't give a shit what will happen to BTG in the future. We might even see the website go off in a few month after they dumped their coins. A lot of BTC users might dump their BTG for BTC or BCC soon - it's really risky to buy right now.

There are a lot of good coins with honest developers and a bright future out there. Pick one of those and support them. I sold my BTG @ 0.025 and I am happy - even if the price keeps rising. I bought some LTC, VTC and GRS for the free money. These coins are a more promising long-term investment.

I didnt know that before but am happy to have learnt it now. This is exactly what I meant in my previous post (excuse the double posting, but I just had to comment this as well). This is just not a serious attempt and bad for Bitcoin. I would strongly suggest anyone not to buy bitcoingold as it seems to be just another scam fork. I know many people also said this for bitcoin cash but here it seems different to me. Im curious what the future will bring for BTG.
Activity: 238
November 21, 2017, 10:25:38 AM
This fork was a joke for me from the beginning. I strongly feel that this forking hurts bitcoin a lot and it does only benefit some people that want to make a quick buck. But for the whole community its bad and also sheds a bad light on bitcoin as a whole. I mean for people that dont know much about the space this seems to be unserious if there is created money out of hot air every other week. Dont you think?
Activity: 153
November 21, 2017, 09:00:40 AM
I wonder how many noobs got burnt buying in over 0.05.. You better sell the next time it reaches it as it will probably be the last time for a while!

the developers missed a trick with their shady moves.

bitcoiners would've been much better disposed towards this than bcash because it wasn't a blatant attack on bitcoin. the only people who don't want decentralised mining are bitcoin miners.

Anything to make more money right, but I expect to see at least 50k BTC volume on Bittrex today the highest BTC holders are going to want to milk this cow dry..

I expect a huge dump on Bittrex, I don't see any reason for people to hold BTG thing. Instead, they can get BTC, ETH or BCH which are more profitable when compated to BTG, frankly saying.

You will be right eventually but I wouldn't expect a huge dump into nothingness for a few more days, volume is still rising currently so I doubt the market is going to die just yet. A few more pump and dumps for the whales holders to take more BTC off the little fish? Probably. When the whales control the buy and sell side, it is pretty obvious what is going to happen.. Milk that market!

I think when BTG hits CMC (top 10-20?) the whales will make a play for a huge pump as it will be getting a lot of attention then, for now we wait and see..
Activity: 168
Merit: 10
HEALTHCARE BEYOND BARRIERS
November 21, 2017, 08:52:11 AM
Bitcoin is a good coin and would be better than some Altcoins. And you can get Bitcoin Gold through freewallet.org and can be installed as phone app.
Activity: 672
Merit: 154
Blockchain Evangelist.
November 21, 2017, 08:47:54 AM
I wonder how many noobs got burnt buying in over 0.05.. You better sell the next time it reaches it as it will probably be the last time for a while!

bitcoiners would've been much better disposed towards this than bcash because it wasn't a blatant attack on bitcoin. the only people who don't want decentralised mining are bitcoin miners.

Anything to make more money right, but I expect to see at least 50k BTC volume on Bittrex today the highest BTC holders are going to want to milk this cow dry..

I expect a huge dump on Bittrex, I don't see any reason for people to hold BTG thing. Instead, they can get BTC, ETH or BCH which are more profitable when compated to BTG, frankly saying.

I'm not sure how it's going but I'm still holding some, take a look at the buy side, look like it has high demand. Maybe I'm wrong because I joined cryto mostly at mining not trading so I have not that much experience on this coin.
Activity: 48
Merit: 0
November 21, 2017, 08:47:28 AM
Please keep in mind that the developers premined 100K coins (currently ~ 25 Million Dollars!!) at the new BTG blockchain. They were involved in ICO scams in the past and were caught manipulating pool software to their favour.

All six developers are millionaires right now - and I am pretty sure they don't give a shit what will happen to BTG in the future. We might even see the website go off in a few month after they dumped their coins. A lot of BTC users might dump their BTG for BTC or BCC soon - it's really risky to buy right now.

There are a lot of good coins with honest developers and a bright future out there. Pick one of those and support them. I sold my BTG @ 0.025 and I am happy - even if the price keeps rising. I bought some LTC, VTC and GRS for the free money. These coins are a more promising long-term investment.

Activity: 187
November 21, 2017, 08:42:05 AM

Activity: 316
November 21, 2017, 08:41:42 AM
Many users that use BTG start now to sell them money (because price down fast)

+1111111111

they turn to BTC and BCH
legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 1015
November 21, 2017, 08:40:29 AM

Anything to make more money right? I still expect to see at least 50k BTC volume on Bittrex today, the highest BTC holders are going to want to milk this cow dry..
Activity: 9
November 21, 2017, 08:22:13 AM
Anyone else at 4/10 confirmations after withdrawing from Hitbtc to Bittrex?
legendary
Activity: 1288
Merit: 1087
November 21, 2017, 08:11:33 AM

legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 1015
November 21, 2017, 08:07:39 AM
Activity: 812
Merit: 501
November 21, 2017, 08:04:13 AM
I have a question, maybe someone can give me an answer. Why are the Market Cap and the Circulating Supply unknown? You can see it on coinmarketcap:

Activity: 105
November 21, 2017, 07:39:56 AM
do you guys know why the CoinMarketCap fails to present the BTG coin market cap?

Is not in the first 100, so for this reason you aren't seeing it. But if you click on "show all" it displays also BTG

thank you but you misanderstood the question. It is visible in CoinMarketCap on page number I believe 11th, but anyway it doesn't show the coin's market cap. The question is why
Activity: 66
November 21, 2017, 07:19:21 AM
lol nice. sold all my btg with 0.045. Nice free money. thx!!!

Nice, you did well for yourself. I thought I was doing fine selling at .02, but it got a pump with the Bittrex add.

I was thinking that this coin would not do well because of the premine and the lack of real innovation outside of changes to the mining algo. When deciding whether to buy or use a coin, nobody ever says, "gee, I would use this coin, but I don't want something mined with GPUs." And the big ASIC mining companies lack an incentive to support something that is GPU mineable. But I guess the market has spoken, at least temporarily.

I haven't thought it would go so high. I sold part of my stack at 0.025 .
I hope there will be at least one more good pump Cheesy
I think it will be pump dump coin, like BCH, thus there will be other pumps and dumps, both forks know that they can't compete bitcoin, but they can earn money from bitcoin price fluctuation.

Agreed
Activity: 826
Merit: 523
November 21, 2017, 05:37:35 AM

Nice, you did well for yourself. I thought I was doing fine selling at .02, but it got a pump with the Bittrex add.

I was thinking that this coin would not do well because of the premine and the lack of real innovation outside of changes to the mining algo. When deciding whether to buy or use a coin, nobody ever says, "gee, I would use this coin, but I don't want something mined with GPUs." And the big ASIC mining companies lack an incentive to support something that is GPU mineable. But I guess the market has spoken, at least temporarily.

I think it will be pump dump coin, like BCH, thus there will be other pumps and dumps, both forks know that they can't compete bitcoin, but they can earn money from bitcoin price fluctuation.
Activity: 560
Merit: 273
November 21, 2017, 05:16:26 AM

Activity: 185
★YoBit.Net★ 100+ Coins Exchange & Dice
November 21, 2017, 05:07:45 AM
Has anyone managed to transfer from hitbtc to bittrex?

I tried two hours ago, but it seems to still be stuck in hitbtc....
i did once tonight..3-4 hours

now i tried to do the second time..
i'm waiting since 1 hour
Activity: 56
November 21, 2017, 04:44:34 AM

Pages:
Jump to: