Pages:
Author

Topic: Bitcoin Gold will be another Bitcoin Cash? - page 3. (Read 4959 times)

Activity: 266
Merit: 101
Cryptomooniac - to the moon and beyond...
October 17, 2017, 08:14:52 PM
I also don't believe in Bitcoin Gold, because poor community support. I think it will mostly fail.
Activity: 274
Merit: 250
October 17, 2017, 07:23:31 PM
I think Bitcoin Gold will be worse off than bitcoin cash in the long run, mainly because segwit2x will have a bigger ripple effect on BTC.

Gold doesn't really have anyones focus currently.
Activity: 588
Merit: 541
October 17, 2017, 06:11:18 PM
Bitcoin gold will be another Bitcoin cash? I know right? when someone has nothing to say, they'll repeat whatever is written in the title and  will add

A few words to pass the post count up. Bitcoin gold will have less bugs and will kill Bitcoin when it forks? they must launch a brand new blockchain if

They really think their code is better than Bitcoin. oh wait mate don't hate just yet because it will fail and it will fade away. so many forks, all are better

Have you ever seen a salesman to tell you how bad their product really is?
Activity: 157
Merit: 100
October 17, 2017, 10:57:29 AM
Given that BCC is trading at over $300 I dont think it failed it has support, miners and users. I have no idea what the situation will be with BCG. It all depends on support from miners and community. If its there it will survive as a currency (unlikely to challenge the original BTC as the gold-standard for crypto-currency)

If it has no support it will end up being a bag of dust.
Activity: 40
Merit: 0
October 17, 2017, 10:55:22 AM
I feel like the majority of people hyping it up are just trying to up the value for the first few days to get some free cash from the fork.
Activity: 742
Merit: 500
October 17, 2017, 10:55:00 AM
i think it will never be, bitcoin gold cant suffer the same situation as bitcoin cash, for few miner will support btg and it will go die soon, those who plan to gain profits from this fork may suffer a great loss

I agree with you, the btg is not like the bcc, which is supported by the btc miners, and without enough the altcoin will be die soon.
Activity: 35
Merit: 0
October 17, 2017, 10:50:05 AM
Will be worse I say, doesn't have so much community around it and lacks the support I saw bcash had.
Activity: 530
Merit: 500
October 17, 2017, 10:40:09 AM
Bitcoin cash or bitcoin gold, they are always doomed to fail in front of  bitcoin. They cannot be an alternative to bitcoin. This is the actual fail of them.
Bitcoin is only one. All these forks come from the need of a part of the community to transform Satoshi's initial coin to fit their own views better. It doesn't mean they can take over.
Activity: 180
October 17, 2017, 10:36:34 AM
btg just btc a branch i think there is no real need for existence, and many people just saw it btc bifurcated away from hype it
Activity: 686
Merit: 521
October 17, 2017, 10:33:22 AM
Many people tells BTG will become another failure. What is the base in this? Can this be true?
there isnt so much hype about bitcoin gold as it was with bitcoin cash, if another airdrop will be the case then we should expect demand for bitcoin if BTG will be distributed as an airdrop otherwise its future remains as a speculation
Activity: 798
Merit: 503
October 17, 2017, 10:17:26 AM
Many people tells BTG will become another failure. What is the base in this? Can this be true?

It will be unfair to say BCH is a failure at this time because the end is not yet here for it. Its true that it had suffered some downturn and even currently but beyond that, its also a coin that is prone to up and downs rampant in the crypto industry. For me, I wont say its a failure yet until a lot of exchange sites that provides support or currently providing support, stops and start delisting the coin. For BCG, no one knows for sure if its even going to come around but at the same time its an alt.
Activity: 280
October 17, 2017, 10:01:18 AM
i think it will never be, bitcoin gold cant suffer the same situation as bitcoin cash, for few miner will support btg and it will go die soon, those who plan to gain profits from this fork may suffer a great loss
Activity: 728
Merit: 101
The Standard Protocol - Solving Inflation
October 17, 2017, 10:00:58 AM

Was bitcoin unlimited a failure?Yes, it was.
Was bitcoin cash a failure?I think it was.All the forked altcoins called "bitcoin ....." (you can put any word you like) will be a failure,because bitcoin  users aren`t that stupid and will always support the real bitcoin core.

yes i agree it would be great just for awhile. people not going stay with this kind of fork. Real bitcoin always be the best and we know wich the pioneer coin and not the fork coin from it. so i believe it will die as time goes by
Activity: 238
🔵 Brickblock.io - Future of Stock Trading
October 17, 2017, 09:58:49 AM
This isn't clear yet. It's possible (even likely) that the final Bitcoin Gold code will include replay protection. If so, it won't be unsafe for exchanges to add the coin. Having said that, it's only a week away from the fork and we still haven't seen the code. That's a bad sign, given that there should be ample time for auditing/testing, especially in an open source environment.

I think that we are all probably blowing this out of proportion and that this launch will be a big flop. I suspect that the hype surrounding this "hard fork" may have been to cast doubt on the Segwit2x fork next month.

That might indeed be so. I like the hype, people blowing off altcoins to get btc. Good for those that does the opposite, collect altcoins, and don’t really care about btc gold – like me Smiley Hope the altcoins goes up again tho Smiley

Exactly, those that are doing the opposite of the masses (who are wanting the "free money" of bitcoin gold) will end up having the opportunity to buy some extremely cheap alts just before the fork. If some of the better quality ones are chose, the returns will be much better than whatever bitcoin gold will give. People will be racing to dump this as fast as they can.
Activity: 301
Merit: 103
October 17, 2017, 05:34:14 AM
This isn't clear yet. It's possible (even likely) that the final Bitcoin Gold code will include replay protection. If so, it won't be unsafe for exchanges to add the coin. Having said that, it's only a week away from the fork and we still haven't seen the code. That's a bad sign, given that there should be ample time for auditing/testing, especially in an open source environment.

I think that we are all probably blowing this out of proportion and that this launch will be a big flop. I suspect that the hype surrounding this "hard fork" may have been to cast doubt on the Segwit2x fork next month.

That might indeed be so. I like the hype, people blowing off altcoins to get btc. Good for those that does the opposite, collect altcoins, and don’t really care about btc gold – like me Smiley Hope the altcoins goes up again tho Smiley
Activity: 138
Use Linux!
October 17, 2017, 05:13:14 AM
I believe that Bitcoin Gold will be free from bugs and outer hacker attacks
maybe it will be more solid than BTC cash
legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1196
STOP SNITCHIN'
October 17, 2017, 05:11:58 AM
bitcoin cash is not total failure since he is traded above 300$ after 3 months.

bitcoin gold is maybe a failure or even an scam. most of exchanges will not support him because lack of security and double spend

legendary
Activity: 1582
Merit: 1059
October 17, 2017, 05:00:37 AM

Yes that is probably true, but to be honest I think I prefer them to bcash. At least they are trying to make a real adjustment to the technology, that is making this coin asic resistant, and it should be mined with GPU. This will make it easier to mine for everyone. I think this is their main goal, making mining decentralized again. Not saying this is important or not, or that I agree with it. I will probably mine some, if their price is not to low, and it gets profitable to do so. Bcash only did the block change, and I don't see that as a big improvement, because I still prefer the possibilities from the lightning network.

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/annmain-bitcore-btx-datacarriersize-up-to-220-bytes-1883902

BTX in my opinion does it bigger, better and has been released in April already. I don't see any need for btg.

I can't say I disagree with you, but bitcoin is open source and we will see many alts coming like this in the future. If they all put replay protection and don't pose any threat to bitcoin network I don't really see a problem with these forks. I see them as free cash, or bitcoin dividends as everyone likes to call them now. Like I said I will only try to mine these if their price is good enough for me to have some profit.
I don't really know BTX, just saw your link now, and check their price at coinmarketcap. Are they cost effective to mine?
Activity: 630
Merit: 250
October 17, 2017, 01:24:58 AM
I am not sure about both fails or success even I am not bother about am just waiting to finish hardfork and everything settle down then normal trade starts . Most of my altcoin portfolio going down badly day by day each day getting more panic am waiting for the day people claim bitcoingold then do what they want dump or pump.
Just 1 week left for next fork so let's wait don't get panic.  I think nothing more change we see after this fork.
Activity: 910
Merit: 252
October 17, 2017, 01:09:02 AM
I am not sure about both fails or success even I am not bother about am just waiting to finish hardfork and everything settle down then normal trade starts . Most of my altcoin portfolio going down badly day by day each day getting more panic am waiting for the day people claim bitcoingold then do what they want dump or pump.
Pages:
Jump to: