Pages:
Author

Topic: Bitcoin halving to be canceled? - page 17. (Read 33718 times)

legendary
Activity: 1050
Merit: 1001
March 11, 2016, 02:06:46 PM
There was much hype about the Fed raising interest rates in 2015, but we are still there, at the lowest possible level (wtf, it is even no longer the lowest possible limit). Bitcoin halving in July, 2016, is talked about as much, but will it really happen?

I ain't sure
i'm sure it gonna be happen,just wat and see,and i'm not patient to see how bitcoin price will be after this bitcoin halving,lets hope the best for bitcoin.
one thing that i'm not sure is bitcoin price gonna rise so high if bitcoin halving come. countdown are 4 month left.
legendary
Activity: 2492
Merit: 1018
March 11, 2016, 01:43:56 PM
That will not happen of course. And you can never know what will happen later with the halving or value later in the future.
It is very hard to predict for what is going to happen in  the future so we just have to wait and see for what is going to happen.

As quoted above it's pretty hard to predict the bitcoin growth as well price increase. Prediction might go wrong and make changes, but never halving gets cancelled.

the demand of btc is still up and people are buying it. once halving starts, the price is going to rise since its supply is getting lesser.  I think this will indeed happen its a fundamental principle.
why are we sure the demand is going to be greater? because the community says so.  Grin look how much bitcoin is traded every day and how much is transaction being processed everyday on blockchain. and then compare it to some other coins that exist claiming they'll replace btc.
legendary
Activity: 938
Merit: 1000
March 11, 2016, 01:32:06 PM
One thing is certain, As soon as the date approaches the halving will begin to generate many expectations.
Activity: 2618
Merit: 548
SecureShift.io | Crypto-Exchange
March 11, 2016, 12:14:07 PM
That will not happen of course. And you can never know what will happen later with the halving or value later in the future.
It is very hard to predict for what is going to happen in  the future so we just have to wait and see for what is going to happen.

As quoted above it's pretty hard to predict the bitcoin growth as well price increase. Prediction might go wrong and make changes, but never halving gets cancelled.
Activity: 182
Merit: 100
Pollak
March 11, 2016, 04:32:44 AM
legendary
Activity: 3248
Merit: 1070
March 11, 2016, 03:16:08 AM
The halving will not get cancelled this is just not possible its just the question when it will happen exactly.
If course its not to predict so we just should wait till its the time for the halving.

there are numerous clock on the web, it is easy to know when it will happen, but it's not so easy to predict when the pump will happen

the halving is around july, but the pump can be later this month, at the end or even before, or even next year at the beginning
Activity: 560
Merit: 500
March 10, 2016, 08:27:48 PM
Be sure of one thing if the halving would be canceled you will see the market reaction on the same size as a meteorit can damage the EARTH ,soo play with the believers of bitcoin taking out the nakamoto struture rule,will make bitcoin crash ,becoming the second bad moment that bitcoin will face after the 1200 dollars drop.No one can control bitcoin,or interfer on it otherwise the concept will die and the coin will loose value instead of keep growing.
Activity: 239
Merit: 250
March 10, 2016, 06:21:03 PM
The halving will not get cancelled this is just not possible its just the question when it will happen exactly.
If course its not to predict so we just should wait till its the time for the halving.
Activity: 322
Merit: 250
March 10, 2016, 06:10:43 PM
There 's no way the halving will be cancelled. It hasn't been cancelled 1 time.
It would make no sense to do it now. These days a lot of money is involved and some big parties won't be happy it if will be cancelled.
legendary
Activity: 3486
Merit: 1280
English ⬄ Russian Translation Services
March 10, 2016, 03:03:34 PM
The halving wont be canceled as its part of the program of bitcoin,with the halving it will also raise it price and thats what makes it valuable

The price has already risen. When I started this thread, the price was about $220, and one of the premises for Bitcoin halving cancellation was the price staying there (i.e. miners profits collapsing at the halving). Now that the price more than doubled (read miners profits surged), there is no more need for halving to be canceled. Whether the topic still needs to be written to is questionable...

Though I'm not going to lock it
legendary
Activity: 2674
Merit: 1083
Legendary Escrow Service - Tip Jar in Profile
March 10, 2016, 07:17:29 AM
Why has to be cancelled?

so miners can not lose profit with it, for each halving they need a major efficiency to remain profitable

If you are a miner then surely that event is something not funny. Though halving has to happen to lower reward and weed out the amount of miners mining. The network is way too oversecured which results in each transaction eating an enourmous amount of power. Which in a result means bitcoin is far from being a green tech at the moment.

After the halving bitcoin will still be safe and there will always be miners who mine on the edge of profitability, most even under profitability.
legendary
Activity: 3248
Merit: 1070
March 10, 2016, 04:36:44 AM
Why has to be cancelled?

so miners can not lose profit with it, for each halving they need a major efficiency to remain profitable
legendary
Activity: 1456
Merit: 1002
March 10, 2016, 03:48:03 AM
If we were to cancel the halving, can we remove the 21mil hard cap as well?

The latter follows from the former

If the supply is unlimited then how much would cost a bitcoin? it is better to have restriction and a limit on supply as the price should be increased year by year until there are a small amount in market.

I have created another topic which discusses this issue in particular. Short version, the higher price (due to limited supply) turns Bitcoin into a Ponzi scheme, which would kill it eventually...

Well it can kill it or it will boost it one of these two, back to the topic now i think that even if this halving will be canceled there will not be a huge difference, only new mining rigs will be produced and the difficulty will be increased.

It can kill it? I think the demand for bitcoin would still be there.

I mean as long the price is still up, you`ll know for sure regardless halving or not we still be around.
legendary
Activity: 2940
Merit: 1083
March 10, 2016, 02:45:02 AM
Is this just some kind of a hoax or someone is scaring someone.  Grin I dont think so. That will happen eventually. I think a lot might be affected if it will be canceled.
Activity: 112
Merit: 10
March 10, 2016, 02:10:54 AM
The halving wont be canceled as its part of the program of bitcoin,with the halving it will also raise it price and thats what makes it valuable.
We know that if its hard to get its price is really awesome and can gain us profit.
Activity: 882
Merit: 500
March 09, 2016, 07:04:30 PM
Why has to be cancelled?
Activity: 460
Merit: 254
January 15, 2016, 10:49:35 AM
Why should it be canceled?
it is actually good to bitcoin world, btw good mining rewards too Smiley

Even when the bitcoin reward is halved in 6 months, the mining is still profitable for most low electricity price users.
Activity: 84
Merit: 10
Large scale, green crypto mining ICO
November 29, 2015, 11:40:47 AM
Why should it be canceled?
it is actually good to bitcoin world, btw good mining rewards too Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1526
Merit: 1001
November 29, 2015, 10:45:47 AM
If we were to cancel the halving, can we remove the 21mil hard cap as well?

The latter follows from the former

If the supply is unlimited then how much would cost a bitcoin? it is better to have restriction and a limit on supply as the price should be increased year by year until there are a small amount in market.

I have created another topic which discusses this issue in particular. Short version, the higher price (due to limited supply) turns Bitcoin into a Ponzi scheme, which would kill it eventually...

Well it can kill it or it will boost it one of these two, back to the topic now i think that even if this halving will be canceled there will not be a huge difference, only new mining rigs will be produced and the difficulty will be increased.
Activity: 460
Merit: 254
November 28, 2015, 05:45:10 AM
Is 2,100,000,000,000,000, i.e. 2.1 quadrillion, units enough?  No?  Please help me understand how many units is enough to allow transactions to flow unimpeded.  Bitcoin, with a minor change, can increase the number of units by carrying more precision as opposed to creating more Bitcoins; *without* debasing

This is the most wide-spread delusion that you can fix things by adding more decimal places. Things don't work this way. Money is instrumental, it serves to facilitate trade. But if there is no trade (that is, no exchange of goods and services) mediated in this currency, the number of places after the point is irrelevant...

You are confusing cause and effect by putting the cart before the horse

We can always add 0s behind the decimal point when the value of bitcoin increase. We need to increase the value of bitcoin first.
Pages:
Jump to: