Pages:
Author

Topic: Bitcoin halving to be canceled? - page 15. (Read 33718 times)

Activity: 197
Merit: 100
March 23, 2016, 05:13:36 PM
halving event will surely not be canceledbecause of various reasons, first of all it would require a lot of work to be done, secondly people would get mad if the developers would do that

i think theres no need to do that as it is a natural thing in bitcoin and it will have no bad impact on it for sure
Activity: 826
Merit: 1000
March 23, 2016, 03:50:23 PM
If anything halving needs to be here already.

We see the price traction going bullish hoping for new buyers to come into the market to submit these buy orders.

And hope for users to grow eventually.
Activity: 588
Merit: 250
March 23, 2016, 02:35:58 PM
It really can be canceled but precent of this happen is very low i think. Only miners will lose from it but new miners will come. So at my opinion nothing will change if halving be canceled.
legendary
Activity: 1245
Merit: 1004
March 23, 2016, 06:29:49 AM
I believe that some people turned on their miners till the halving ,this way they can collecte more coins before the income of them get reduced,even runing into a loss montly ,if they hold the debit and hold the halving they will be able to sell and take profit.If not going to sell at it just hold it till end the year where the price should reach 600-800 dollars.

January one year ago this bullish baseline started. Very low like 150 dollars. Projecting from that local low I would guess 600, not so likely 800 on peak.
Activity: 714
Merit: 500
March 23, 2016, 05:55:13 AM
I'm sure that halving will not be canceled. Miners are really want to but nobody can't control bitcoin. After halving some miners will come out from game but new will come. cycle.
This is a given fact as it is a cycle and can not be stopped by anyone.
I think there are too many miners so this would be a good thing for bitcoin not a hindrance.

there isnt any miners these days.

it should be the ones who have 1 sided mining power which you should look at is the people who offer cloud services - like antminer.

Of course it can be canceled, but it wont happen. I think also that it will be not that good after the halving.
Because you can see now that the value is rising very slowly and that is not good. It wont rise that fast after the halving.
Activity: 210
Merit: 100
March 22, 2016, 05:14:30 PM
I don't know. But all I know is we cannot determine if the price of bitcoin increase or not. Last Nov. 12, when the first halving started, the price of bitcoin remain stable and didn't affect much it's value. So we can't really say a thing but to speculate with what information and details we have.
Activity: 448
March 22, 2016, 05:03:38 PM
No I do not believe this at all, there is no chance that the halving is gonna get cancelled anytime soon...
The halving is already coming this year and it will not get cancelled.
Activity: 560
Merit: 500
March 22, 2016, 04:42:22 PM
I believe that some people turned on their miners till the halving ,this way they can collecte more coins before the income of them get reduced,even runing into a loss montly ,if they hold the debit and hold the halving they will be able to sell and take profit.If not going to sell at it just hold it till end the year where the price should reach 600-800 dollars.
legendary
Activity: 1456
Merit: 1002
March 22, 2016, 04:34:07 PM
I'm sure that halving will not be canceled. Miners are really want to but nobody can't control bitcoin. After halving some miners will come out from game but new will come. cycle.
I think there are too many miners so this would be a good thing for bitcoin not a hindrance.

there isnt any miners these days.

it should be the ones who have 1 sided mining power which you should look at is the people who offer cloud services - like antminer.

legendary
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1000
March 22, 2016, 04:28:25 PM
There was some talks to postpone halving to 2017 but no that idea has failed Bitcoin halving will begin around July 2016 maybe a little later

Could you expand more on this?

i think he mean i little early due to the miners mining more coin than the usual amount, diff retargetting is a bitch

Isn't block halving connected to a certain block? Then at the correct block the halving will happen. So it can't happen that more coins than the usual amount can be mined. The total amount of bitcoins is fixed.

I might be wrong of course.

This is correct it is based around block # NOT TIME.

http://bitcoinblockhalf.com/

on block 420,000 the reward will halve.
legendary
Activity: 2674
Merit: 1083
Legendary Escrow Service - Tip Jar in Profile
March 22, 2016, 04:26:20 PM
There was some talks to postpone halving to 2017 but no that idea has failed Bitcoin halving will begin around July 2016 maybe a little later

i think he mean i little early due to the miners mining more coin than the usual amount, diff retargetting is a bitch

Isn't block halving connected to a certain block? Then at the correct block the halving will happen. So it can't happen that more coins than the usual amount can be mined. The total amount of bitcoins is fixed.

I might be wrong of course.
legendary
Activity: 3248
Merit: 1070
March 22, 2016, 11:20:59 AM
But what about "halving being hard-coded"? Is it really so stone-carved and hell-engraved as they want it to look?

you surely need an hard fork to change that thing on the code, probably not something as simple as the block size debate

But if there is some skewness in the algo that allows to actually mine more coins that developers previously thought, couldn't it possibly lead to devastating consequences long term?

Or is it just by some strange kick of chance (tails 50 times in a row)?

i don't think that possible, major flaw like those if are real will be discovered in no time any way, like the one from 2011 or 2013
legendary
Activity: 3038
Merit: 4418
Crypto Swap Exchange
March 22, 2016, 10:32:37 AM
Bitcoin halving shouldn't be cancelled. With the halving, the total supply of Bitcoin can be roughly estimated. The total possible supply of Bitcoin is a huge factor in determining the price. If the supply is larger, the price would be much lower. If it does gets cancelled, I would expect Bitcoin to crash completely since Bitcoin was designed to have a fixed supply and not a variable supply. No one except those who wants Bitcoin to fall would be benefited.
Activity: 322
March 22, 2016, 10:25:30 AM
It will be not canceled. But I think that it will not rise that fast and high after the halving, and many people think that it will rise.
But that is not true. You can see that the price is now rising slowly and that is quite okay. But you never know when it will stop and that is the problem.
Activity: 2618
Merit: 548
SecureShift.io | Crypto-Exchange
March 22, 2016, 09:46:39 AM
Bitcoin halving never gets cancelled. If the halving gets cancelled we can strongly say that it is a backlog or some other flaw has been detected in the technology.
legendary
Activity: 3486
Merit: 1280
English ⬄ Russian Translation Services
March 22, 2016, 09:34:11 AM
But what about "halving being hard-coded"? Is it really so stone-carved and hell-engraved as they want it to look?

you surely need an hard fork to change that thing on the code, probably not something as simple as the block size debate

But if there is some skewness in the algo that allows to actually mine more coins that developers previously thought, couldn't it possibly lead to devastating consequences long term?

Or is it just by some strange kick of chance (tails 50 times in a row)?
legendary
March 22, 2016, 07:19:27 AM

legendary
March 22, 2016, 06:07:50 AM

legendary
March 22, 2016, 03:06:48 AM

legendary
March 22, 2016, 02:18:05 AM

Pages:
Jump to: