Pages:
Author

Topic: Bitcoin implants? - page 13. (Read 11395 times)

legendary
Activity: 1050
Merit: 1004
December 20, 2016, 01:34:49 PM
Nevertheless, I want to know your opinion about this, since it would be pretty cool to have such a system to help spread mass adoption of the cryptocurrency.  Smiley

No, it wouldn't. Sounds a lot like Revelation, referring to the Anti-Christ's mark.

"And he causes all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and bond, to receive a mark in their right hand, or in their foreheads: and that no man might buy or sell, save he that had the mark, or the name of the beast, or the number of his name"

“If any man worship the beast and his image, and receive his mark…the same shall drink of the wine of the wrath of God…”
Activity: 29
Merit: 0
December 20, 2016, 01:31:06 PM
I don't think the whole idea about chips under your skin is a good thing.. I mean c'mon you could use a Trezor or even invent a better hardware wallet for all people care, but you know if we start messing with our bodies I think we'll see some terrible mistakes at the near future (transhumanism).
legendary
Activity: 4270
Merit: 4534
December 20, 2016, 01:19:20 PM
before anyone does it.. may i suggest that people first buy a NFC sticker that they attach to a wrist watch/band first.
much like getting a fake tattoo before going under the needle and trying it for real

i know a few people use it as a way to unlock a phone. and do other snazzy things and others are envisioning a way to access other things. but here is a security thing to think about:

if you want to use implants/nfc to do things.. have the code/message changeable, not permenant. EG when you wake up you scan your wrist to update the code/message in the chip from the safety of your home. and that sets it to be valid for that day. and have it change each morning.

the reason is because people can easily walk/brush passed you in public and read the data and simply emulate it. so having the data permanent is BADDD.

what people have done is use a known keypair where the service knows only the public key. the chip stores just a daily "signed message"
EG
"its 20/12/2016 i own 1abcdefg..."

which is verifiable to the public key without revealing the private key. because the privkey is not part of/stored on the chip

nfc chips are not sophisticated enough to receive data and then instant sign it, (hence manually daily updating required).

but it does open up opportunities..
years ago i did suggest blockchain.info had their login method set as a public key where blockchain.info displayed a daily message and people would need to reply/paste/input a signed message to confirm they own the registered publickey.
(research BitID)
legendary
Activity: 1358
Merit: 1014
December 20, 2016, 01:10:35 PM
Yeah, I remember reading about that article about some guy that already did the first payment with his hand or something like that, throught a chip that read a QR code or something. The thing is, it's pretty stupid thing to do in my book. In the future once bitcoin is 1 mansion per coin, you are asking for some robber to your hand and use it to go shopping..
Activity: 280
Merit: 253
December 20, 2016, 01:06:53 PM
Besides the obvious problem with security this sounds like a lot of science fiction, but i see no technological problems. So this could be available even today. The question is why would you want that? How can you make money if you offer such services? I just see no need and many risks.
legendary
Activity: 2156
Merit: 1393
You lead and I'll watch you walk away.
Activity: 560
Merit: 250
December 20, 2016, 01:03:16 PM
As long as is not bad for the health, and is just a microchip that you can carry in your belt this would be an awesome idea.
legendary
Activity: 3220
Merit: 1363
www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games
December 20, 2016, 01:00:11 PM
I'm not sure if this has ever been implemented yet, but can you imagine a way of paying with Bitcoin by just using your own body?

It would be more of like a microchip implanted into your left or right hand that would contain both your public and private keys to send and receive Bitcoins.

So in case you want to send or receive some BTC, you would just pass your hand over at a scanner and it would perform the desired operation. This is would make it a very convenient and easy way to transact, and carry your Bitcoins with you anytime, anywhere. However, the only thing to be considered would be the security of your private key from within your implant, to protect your funds from theft.

Nevertheless, I want to know your opinion about this, since it would be pretty cool to have such a system to help spread mass adoption of the cryptocurrency.  Smiley
Pages:
Jump to: