Pages:
Author

Topic: Bitcoin in Economics class? - page 10. (Read 7783 times)

Activity: 612
Merit: 250
December 08, 2017, 03:52:02 PM
Teaching bitcoin in classes will help others understand what is the value or essence of bitcoin/cryptocurrency in our life. If we can educate about ourselves and others about cryptocurrency, then we can help them develop the crypto industry. The crypto industry may take over our currency in the future because it is electronic money and we can call it advancement in our technology in the world.
Yeah it will be a great step for the bitcoin users because a lot of students who are not aware of bitcoin will know about bitcoin and they will know bitcoin in real life and real value. Bitcoin has high demand now among students and it is a source of income for them now. Bitcoin is all about the economy of life and it is spreading awareness about the crypto currency and the importance of bitcoin earning.
Activity: 210
Merit: 100
December 08, 2017, 11:20:00 AM
there will be no school that will study bitcoin, bitcoin is not yet that popular in this days, there are still many people that are still don't know about bitcoins,well in the future there is a chance that if the bitcoin discover of many people it will lead to study of it.
Activity: 2744
Merit: 541
Campaign Management?"Hhampuz" is the Man
December 08, 2017, 11:19:20 AM

Do you think they are talking about bitcoin in your basic ECON class?

No, i don't think that bitcoin is mainstream enough to be covered in economic classes yet. Maybe in like university level classes but definitely not going to be in your average 11th grade econ class.

It should definitely be in the curriculum, though. Because bitcoin is going to be the future and if young people don't get educated about it the whole country is going to lag behind. Whoever teaches decentralized economics first imo will be the most successful country of the 21st century.

Though, i guess a lot of people are afraid that when teenagers learn about bitcoin they'll just use it for drugs. Absolute nonsense. There are more people using bitcoin for good than for bad, imo. And it's not bitcoin thats the problem, it's not like you can't buy drugs with cash when you're a teenager Roll Eyes
its too early for 11th grade to talk about this cryptocurrencies,they
might think that this is another cute thing that they can explore in funny
way.lets not teach young about this forum,this is a serious matter for mature
persons.not for the playing children.
Activity: 910
Merit: 260
December 08, 2017, 10:36:00 AM
While i am studying, i have never heard anything about bitcoin. The term is really unfamiliaq. I think it is not discussed in any subject even economics. However its a good idea to introduce it so the earlier students will know its worth.

It good idea for the bitcoin in economics. It will useful to improve the country and people economics and learn more information the future growth and gather some invest ideas. Bitcoin is use to country it will good to improve the country people growth. So people will growth country will be growth. Bitcoin will connect the all country people. It good for the future investment. You will learn from bitcoin for the country growth.   
Activity: 700
December 08, 2017, 10:25:30 AM
While i am studying, i have never heard anything about bitcoin. The term is really unfamiliaq. I think it is not discussed in any subject even economics. However its a good idea to introduce it so the earlier students will know its worth.
Activity: 630
Merit: 103
December 08, 2017, 09:47:20 AM
Teaching bitcoin in classes will help others understand what is the value or essence of bitcoin/cryptocurrency in our life. If we can educate about ourselves and others about cryptocurrency, then we can help them develop the crypto industry. The crypto industry may take over our currency in the future because it is electronic money and we can call it advancement in our technology in the world.
Activity: 260
Merit: 10
December 08, 2017, 09:26:22 AM
Based on my experience only few people are just know bitcoin because it was too complex to be teach in a certain subject. Almost all them knew bitcoin because of exploring in the cyber world and researching about it and if one day the government put this kind of topic in a economic class it will become very helpful to everyone because they can find another way on how to gain money and how to invest it properly and successfully especially in the third world country that needs funds because of poverty I think i will become a way to surpass a certain problem.
legendary
Activity: 1050
Merit: 1000
December 08, 2017, 04:26:06 AM

I know that bitcoin started to be taught as a course at universities. Even if it is not taught as a course, it is definitely talked about and researches are being done. I guess there will be schools about bitcoin in the future.
Activity: 840
Merit: 254
December 07, 2017, 09:34:50 PM

Unfortunately there are not economic classes in my country, so before teaching bitcoin we will need to have classes like that, besides governments are not going to allow that, they cannot allow people to know how to use effectively their money or banks will not have as much business as before.
Activity: 34
Merit: 0
December 07, 2017, 07:28:17 PM
As an economic student I did my university project on bitcoin.
Activity: 210
Merit: 128
December 07, 2017, 05:57:10 PM

The question whether bitcoin is a currency or not is still disputed. Bitcoins have three useful qualities in a currency, according to The Economist in January 2015: they are "hard to earn, limited in supply and easy to verify". Economists define money as a store of value, a medium of exchange, and a unit of account and agree that bitcoin has some way to go to meet all these criteria.
Activity: 265
The World’s First Blockchain Core
December 06, 2017, 06:03:36 PM
I am a recent graduate from economics and I have never heard from the professor to mention it.
Activity: 463
December 06, 2017, 05:58:22 PM
Bitcoin was introduce to me just because of my friends, but never through class nor profs. For me, bitcoin should be thought and be included in curriculum most specially to the units that is related in business field or just talk about it and be an example. It is needed to be talk about at schools and universities because no matter what side, it is contributing to our economy and we should know the pors and cons of it.
In Australia, they used the Bitcoin technology (blockchain) to teach all students in any grade. They thought it is a good knowledge for their students, because the next era of the digital world need to use blockchain technology. Bitcoin is just a part of this technology and the first successful project of blockchain technology.
Activity: 11
Merit: 0
December 02, 2017, 08:41:41 AM
Well, this is not officially included in the basic ECON syllabus. However, there might be instances where the topic would be offered if a student or a professor is willing to share their personal inputs about bitcoin and how it effects the economy.
Activity: 420
November 30, 2017, 07:08:47 AM
Even if not, im some 2-5 years this will be definitely reviewed in the curriculum as a phenomenon of the 21 century. In some 50 years it will not be a phenomenon any more
Activity: 169
November 29, 2017, 09:09:18 AM
Bitcoin was introduce to me just because of my friends, but never through class nor profs. For me, bitcoin should be thought and be included in curriculum most specially to the units that is related in business field or just talk about it and be an example. It is needed to be talk about at schools and universities because no matter what side, it is contributing to our economy and we should know the pors and cons of it.
Activity: 672
Merit: 500
November 29, 2017, 02:31:42 AM
I think it's a good opportunity to give people the knowledge...to explain what it is that they know the basics...and then the students decide whether they need it or not
Activity: 294
November 24, 2017, 09:27:20 PM
When I took Basic Economics class way back 2016 here in our college school, we don't even discuss about bitcoins and if my professor discussed it at that time. I never heard that curriculum's here already add topics about bitcoins but I still hope this will be implemented soon since our country is now coping K-12 Program. And I think this would be great if ever implemented because at least students will be enlightened to the system of cryptocurrency and might have a chance to engaged here in the future.
Activity: 463
November 24, 2017, 05:45:27 PM
I don't think bitcoin is part of Economics class here in our country because bitcoin is still not that popular in my country though there are already plenty of people who know about it but not really familiar what is bitcoin and what kind of technology is it.
bitcoin for economy class, bitcoin biting me instead of being the benchmark for in any class. and in my opinion work or have a steady job that became the benchmark .. bitcoin can only be made as a helper or help the needs or the living economy so that life is sufficient and comfortable in life .. all depends on his way of thinking and what purpose is in bitcoin because any opportunity in bitcoin will be achieved if we have a goal to improve the economy or something else ..

You don't need to teach bitcoin on any classroom subjects. Principles of economics that are thought on high schools are enough and once they found out about bitcoin it can be applied to it. Basic economics knowledge is needed in order to trade bitcoin.
Can you explain me why do the government use the Bitcoin's technology to teach at school? They are applying this technology to teach the students, even primary school student are also have chance to learn it in Australia.
Activity: 1484
Merit: 516
November 20, 2017, 11:41:35 AM
I have heard that in many advanced country schools and colleges, teachers take classes on Bitcoin in economics classes. I think this is a good arrangement. Bitcoin is still valid in our country, so my country's teachers will not discuss this in class. Hopefully, soon Bitcoin will be valid in my country and will study it in the economy class.
indeed good, if applied in college. because like this can also introduce bitcoin, so that all students can be independent and can seek their own sustenance. with student bitcoin can help his parents in finance. so this is very useful.
are good but not necessarily prioritized in the lessons,because they have to keep learning or learn other lessons that are more useful.There is a time and a good time to learn about BTC according to scheduled subjects,let them develop by themselves and on the bright side they can be self-sufficient and can generate unexpected or additional costs to finance their own schools or others,but not to focus for about BTC karen still many lessons that are more important for their interests in the future.
Pages:
Jump to: