Pages:
Author

Topic: Bitcoin is an asset or currency. - page 16. (Read 8542 times)

legendary
Activity: 1274
Merit: 1004
January 16, 2018, 05:03:34 PM
Bitcoin is just a cryptocurrency (virtual currency), it depends on where you are using it. You can use it for trading purpose or for buy and sell purpose or anything else. You can even provide services in exchange for Bitcoin. It can be used in many different ways so I will say it is a currency but sometimes can act as an asset. On the other hand, we have the good and bad reputation 1 Bitcoin That depends on the people whether you have a positive point of your negative. Bitcoin is just another form of money so bad peoples use the money for the bad purpose and good people use it for good.
Activity: 353
Merit: 250
January 16, 2018, 04:52:26 PM
For me, it's kinda both asset and currency.
Activity: 56
Merit: 30
January 16, 2018, 04:51:18 PM
The real answer is BOTH, Bitcoin acts in the both way , now a days it is used to buy many things like in steam (as i am a gamer), here it acts like a currency , And if you intend to store for long term then it will act like an asset.
Activity: 32
Merit: 0
January 16, 2018, 04:41:39 PM
I hear from many sources that btc is used for trading much more than it is for goods and services; doesn't that make it an asset ??
and is that necessarily a bad thing ?? and what can we do about it as a community ??

It's simply both.

Bitcoin is attractive as an asset to hold because of it's scarce nature. Bitcoin is also attractive as a currency because it's borderless, permissionless, and pretty fast and cheap (except when Roger Ver/Bitmain are spamming it).

So for some use cases like buying a VPN, bitcoin is the best currency.

Thats correct. I agree with this one. Both description under bitcoin. It's an asset because it attracts investors all over the world and based on the description is it's already a nature. It's currency because  it's a acceptable, unbreakable, fast and easy transactiob., I gues bitcoin is already a international currency already that was already considered globally.
Activity: 88
Merit: 0
January 16, 2018, 03:49:24 PM
I personally believe that btc is more of a currency than an asset.

I dont store btc, i trade with btc
Activity: 350
Merit: 11
January 16, 2018, 03:46:53 PM
Well, you can also use it for different purposes, someone sees it as an asset, and for someone it's a way of buying or translating. But I have to agree that for the most part it is an asset)
Activity: 308
Merit: 10
January 16, 2018, 03:45:49 PM
I hear from many sources that btc is used for trading much more than it is for goods and services; doesn't that make it an asset ??
and is that necessarily a bad thing ?? and what can we do about it as a community ??

Bitcoin can be called as an asset because this coin is digital and it was never meant to become popular if it does not have any value. Bitcoin become currency because it can be used to buy products or any goods online and it that way we can call it as an online currency since it was just like a credit card.
Activity: 196
January 16, 2018, 03:41:27 PM
As far as I know about bitcoin is a currency that can be used as a transaction tool without state restrictions and it tends to be used as an asset as well. Due to these prices more and more investors get attracted towards it. Bitcoins is not bad because there are a lot of people who are earning a lot of money from it and it help peoples lives.
Activity: 448
January 16, 2018, 03:31:57 PM
completely agree with the sentiment that bitcoin is no longer a currency and is now considered an asset.

a currency should in theory not have major swings to its value and be relatively cheap to transact with, bitcoin no longer meets this criteria.
It’s actually it’s both currency and as well as asset because you can buy a lot of things from bitcoin and it work same like other currencies you can also pay your bills through bitcoin and there are a lot of people who are using bitcoin as an asset because if you will keep bitcoin save so after some time it will give you a very good profit because bitcoin is the only currency which can help you today and also it can help you tomorrow.
Activity: 532
January 16, 2018, 02:20:23 PM
Bitcoin the online the currency, which in our lives asset as work. btc who we asset or currency both of them to think we can.
I think there are time that bitcoin can be used as currency where you can used it to buy some stuffs that you want or need and sometimes can used as asset where you can earn money. Lastly, I think you can used as currency and asset and it would depend to you on how you use it.
Activity: 254
January 16, 2018, 02:07:28 PM
if the asset is something in the form of a real object of value we can feel we can hold its existence but if the currency is a digital existence is not in physical form only binary numbers are both equally valuable thus the currency is a non-physical assets whose usefulness is the same as physical assets
Activity: 373
Merit: 100
January 16, 2018, 01:55:37 PM

Bitcoin can be interpreted as both. Sometimes bitcoin is like an asset because we store it and hold it for long periods of time. And also sometimes bitcoin like money we use to transact. That's my opinion.
January 16, 2018, 01:50:37 PM
It is surely an asset for it is a currency, that finds it more efficient to use.
Activity: 252
January 16, 2018, 01:50:00 PM
Bitcoin is both currency and asset. It was currency in such a way that you may use it to purchase. It was an asset because it was you investment wherin it can produce profits.
Activity: 588
January 16, 2018, 01:44:39 PM
I think that bitcoin is very flexible in this case . As currency it's very fast and safe , thats why people mostly choosing bitcoin. Bitcoin as asset is also good because it is limited currency so price is always high.
January 16, 2018, 01:28:59 PM
We can't say bitcoin as an asset because it price fluctuation is the main reason for that ,and also there is no place for risk in case of assets. Then we can call bitcoin as digital currency which is exists through internet.
Activity: 212
January 16, 2018, 01:15:53 PM
bitcoin is a great digital currency asset we use as to welcome the future, but it could be as a bad asset it depends on bitcoin users. If you use bitcoin as a trade as a benefit of the eye it is a good policy, if you use negative things to eat you will get a risk that will make you worse for the future. then use bitcoin well and to build your economy for everyone, even you can invite people to join bitcoin to earn extra income to improve their economy.
January 16, 2018, 01:11:59 PM
I think it's both.
January 16, 2018, 01:10:30 PM

In my own opinion, bitcoin is really an asset because it is not a fiat or physical cash but still, it is a currency so you can consider cryptocurrency as an online money like a credit cards. Bitcoins is not bad because there are a lot of people who are earning a lot of money from it and it help peoples lives.
Activity: 269
Merit: 101
January 16, 2018, 01:06:59 PM
Bitcoin was originally developed as a currency for dark web and to exchange money and other transactions
But later on the demand for bitcoin went on increasing and people started buying it as an investment
And now it has become an asset, the value kept increasing and people started gaining profit from it
Pages:
Jump to: