Pages:
Author

Topic: Bitcoin is an asset or currency. - page 20. (Read 8542 times)

Activity: 1106
Merit: 503
BabelFish - FISH Token Sale at Sovryn
January 12, 2018, 01:03:55 AM
There are many different opinions about this and the discussions may never end. My opinion is that it is an asset right now and may be a currency in the future. It will be an asset until there are surges and people will hold it like an asset.
Activity: 182
Merit: 10
January 12, 2018, 12:52:40 AM
bitcoin can be considered as both assets and also currency because if he hold the bitcoin for some years it will convert as an asset for him if he convert the bitcoin into usd it can be considered as currency
Activity: 525
January 12, 2018, 12:48:13 AM
I hear from many sources that btc is used for trading much more than it is for goods and services; doesn't that make it an asset ??
and is that necessarily a bad thing ?? and what can we do about it as a community ??

That depends on its use, if bitcoin is used for online transactions it will be crypto currency, but if bitcoin is saved for investment it can become an asset because bitcoin value keeps increasing. That would be a nice advantage.
Activity: 280
January 12, 2018, 12:10:12 AM
Basically bitcoin is a digital currency, this being one of the reasons why bitcoin is made. The advantage of bitcoin is peer to peer transaction, because it can be done by two people without requiring third party. It is undeniable that currently bitcoin is not only used as a currency, but can be an investment or asset, but it all depends on each individual level, how they assess the bitcoin function.
It’s actually both currency and as well as asset because bitcoin is the only hope if you want to use bitcoin so you can use it for different things because such as buying food and clothes and also you can pay all your bills so if you want to keep bitcoin so it can also help you in your future because bitcoin rice is very high and still it’s going high so if you keep bitcoin save it will for sure give you a profit when a time you want to sell.
Activity: 644
Merit: 271
January 11, 2018, 01:06:06 PM
For me it's a hybrid of both an asset and a currency. It generates me wealth and can be spendable for goods and services so it's a currency that can be exchanged.

This is the most accurate estimation about bitcoin. It's neither a currency, nor an asset. The combination of these two, coming up like a hybrid model to the modern economics.
Activity: 140
Merit: 1
January 11, 2018, 05:24:48 AM
Bitcoin does not have the fundamental attributes needed to be a currency as it is a string of code generated by complex algorithms... But I do not deny that virtual currencies have technical value and are a type of asset.There seems to be a greater possibility that they [cryptocurrencies] will become central to our financial lives.
Activity: 164
January 11, 2018, 05:16:58 AM
Its both an asset and a currency right now. It will most likely become more of an asset and other cryptocurrencies will be currencies because of fast and cheap transactions.
Activity: 28
Merit: 0
January 11, 2018, 04:46:15 AM
bitcoin is more appropriately called investment assets in digital form or called digital assets. Himself said, until whenever the use of bitcoin is not to replace the currency recognized as a payment system in a country that has not approved bitcoin as a means of transaction. because most countries still use their currency as the main tool in use to transact.
Activity: 23
January 11, 2018, 04:35:10 AM
Both according to me......its a currency which is increasing day by day so u can invest a small amount of money into it and keep it as an asset.
Activity: 1022
Merit: 256
January 11, 2018, 04:26:17 AM
I hear from many sources that btc is used for trading much more than it is for goods and services; doesn't that make it an asset ??
and is that necessarily a bad thing ?? and what can we do about it as a community ??

I don't find it a bad thing at all. By the mere fact that it is being traded, it means it is like some form of a security that is expected to grow and fall in prices. That is why it is being treated as a form of asset for some because the general trend of the movement of Bitcoin's value is really rising. This is not bad at all. Satoshi would not have considered this if he had known that this will put Bitcoin in a bad spot. Nothing to do about it. Let us just continue to hold while spending some.
Activity: 887
Merit: 516
Bitcoin OG
January 11, 2018, 04:21:56 AM
For me it's a hybrid of both an asset and a currency. It generates me wealth and can be spendable for goods and services so it's a currency that can be exchanged.
Activity: 364
Merit: 100
January 11, 2018, 04:19:28 AM
In my opinion, bitcoin is a valuable asset and very profitable for the future, unlike other assets, the bitcoin is very fast to grow.
Activity: 221
January 11, 2018, 04:14:16 AM
Basically bitcoin is a digital currency, this being one of the reasons why bitcoin is made. The advantage of bitcoin is peer to peer transaction, because it can be done by two people without requiring third party. It is undeniable that currently bitcoin is not only used as a currency, but can be an investment or asset, but it all depends on each individual level, how they assess the bitcoin function.
Activity: 98
January 11, 2018, 02:22:48 AM
This is the first decentralized digital currency
Activity: 224
January 11, 2018, 02:19:03 AM
Bitcoin is now on its way to becoming a reserve currency like dollars and gold. I am talking about bringing the Lightning network to Bitcoin, and I think that most of the criticism of the issue will be solved and bitcoin will be in an unquestionable position.
Activity: 112
January 11, 2018, 02:14:48 AM
Bitcoin is also an asset and currency. Bitciin can also do both it depends on who want to use it. If you use it now to good and service is a currency but if you hold it for sometimes and it appreciates it become an asset. It depends on the holder
Activity: 350
Merit: 1
January 11, 2018, 01:07:44 AM
I hear from many sources that BTC is used for trading much more than it is for goods and services; doesn't that make it an asset ??
I think it can be used as assets and currencies. Because of the Bitcoin can be an asset of the future and can also be used as currency as the transaction online.
Activity: 10
January 11, 2018, 12:50:15 AM
It is actually both. Currency because you can use it to purchase things, but also an asset since you can let it increase by making transactions in the market.
Activity: 476
December 24, 2017, 02:52:33 PM
I think Bitcoin is a both asset and currency though digital. It is asset because it has a  value which has liquidity  and also it a store of value in that you can sell your precious stone and use the  money to buy bitcoin for holding and sell off when your desired price is activated.
Activity: 1190
Merit: 568
Sovryn - Brings DeFi to Bitcoin
December 24, 2017, 02:50:55 PM
     For me bitcoin are both asset and currency. Bitcoin is a tangible asset that we are able to invest it online. Bitcoin also a currency,a digital currency that we use to earn money online and we use it for any online transaction.
I think bircoin are both asset and can be use when you exchange it in currency in your country. Bitcoin can be asset because it can be able to use when you investing and currency when you use it as payment in online or can be currency when you exchange it, then use for your financial support.
Pages:
Jump to: