Pages:
Author

Topic: Bitcoin is an asset or currency. - page 19. (Read 8542 times)

Activity: 196
Merit: 0
January 14, 2018, 08:30:44 PM
Bitcoin can't be kept or held in your wallet or pocket like a normal currency, so it is purely a computer-based means of exchange.  And is definitely a fixed asset but you have to know how to use bitcoin!
Activity: 696
Merit: 100
January 13, 2018, 10:58:50 AM
I hear from many sources that btc is used for trading much more than it is for goods and services; doesn't that make it an asset ??
and is that necessarily a bad thing ?? and what can we do about it as a community ??
Yes, trading bitcoin makes it an asset because when we say curreny,  it is really used to buy goods or services which bitcoin doesn't really used for. 
Activity: 1148
Merit: 158
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
January 13, 2018, 10:54:50 AM
Here in my country, our central bank just regulated the use of bitcoin as a currency for paying bills online and remittances only and not for an asset. However, they can't actually guarantee it as the way they wanted it to be because people can still treat bitcoin as an investment nor asset and nobody here wanted to treat it just a currency because the price is too high to resist
Activity: 476
Merit: 105
January 13, 2018, 10:30:30 AM
Basically bitcoin is a digital currency, this being one of the reasons why bitcoin is made. The advantage of bitcoin is peer to peer transaction, because it can be done by two people without requiring third party. It is undeniable that currently bitcoin is not only used as a currency, but can be an investment or asset, but it all depends on each individual level, how they assess the bitcoin function.

I consider bitcoin both as an asset and as a currency. But more as an asset, because I'm now trying to make money on it and I do not spend it.
Activity: 161
January 13, 2018, 10:25:37 AM
it's both. right?
Activity: 319
Merit: 11
January 13, 2018, 10:25:11 AM
I hear from many sources that btc is used for trading much more than it is for goods and services; doesn't that make it an asset ??
and is that necessarily a bad thing ?? and what can we do about it as a community ??
Bitcoin is both an asset and a currency, that is hard to compare to gold and other commodity that is both an asset and currency, the fact that more traders or holders of bitcoin treat it as investment rather than for buying goods and service is not directly affecting bitcoin at whole,
the thing is as the transaction fee is becoming unstable and higher more holders are rather keep it in the wallet than pay for a goods or services for example worth 100 usd, and realize how high you have to add for transaction fee
Activity: 476
Merit: 105
January 13, 2018, 10:00:09 AM

Speaking in legal terms it is rather an asset but the practice of using and forming a price evident about Bitcoin as a currency. The thing is that Bitcoin is not legalized fully in any country in the world. (Maybe just Japan?)
Activity: 159
Merit: 7
ARIZN - Tokenised Crowdfunding Platform
January 12, 2018, 02:56:44 AM
For me, my own opinion about this is bitcoin is both asset and currency because bitcoin have both characteristic of assets and currency. Bitcoin have there own use and this is also have a value that like assets have. A currency which we can buy goods online.
Activity: 728
Merit: 10
January 12, 2018, 02:38:54 AM
I think bitcoin is the most valuable asset for a very volatile future and very suitable for investment.
Activity: 224
Merit: 3
Earn with impressio.io
January 12, 2018, 02:08:23 AM
maybe the both, because bitcoin is a asset we use it like trade and invest. and if about currency bitcoin is digital currency and we can change to money in your country.
Activity: 582
Merit: 101
January 12, 2018, 02:03:27 AM
begul gan bitcoin we can make a business asset or we can also make the currency like our country's currency currency is the rupiah.
if bitcoin in legalkan in Indonesia I want to sell pls HP tau electric bayarya wear bitcoin
legendary
Activity: 1036
Merit: 1002
January 12, 2018, 01:56:48 AM

Well, Bitcoin is an asset because it helps the community and the Bitcoin users to change their lives. It also brings a big value of money to them in able for them to buy their wants and needs. This is a currency because it also used in many transactions and it is used to buy products if the online shop or the market is using Bitcoin as mode of payment to them. It is also convertable into money.
Activity: 378
January 12, 2018, 01:54:17 AM
Bitcoin is the good asset and currency for me as it is famous for the currency and people says that this currency is very profitable in the short and long run as well. Bitcoin is good currency in the market as i have invested some of the amount of bitcoin in the bitcoin and i am totally dependent on this. Bitcoin is growing in the new year and hopeful that the chances of profit is high.
Activity: 71
Diving into the world of cryptocurrency XD
January 12, 2018, 01:49:27 AM
it's pretty hard to trade bitcoin now ("hard" means slowness and poor scalability)...so as a currency? For sure no, at least not in the near future. But bitcoin is "The Gold" in the cryptocurrency world, and it's not hard to predict it would compete with the real gold soon.
Activity: 406
January 12, 2018, 01:47:28 AM
There are lot of digital currency in the world.but Bitcoin is one of the greatest currency.I personally believe that,Bitcoin is an asset rather than currency.people hold it for long time,it becomes a asset.it has great future.day by day it's increasing.lot of people hold it as asset.
Activity: 238
Merit: 2
January 12, 2018, 01:44:56 AM
I hear from many sources that BTC is used for trading much more than it is for goods and services; doesn't that make it an asset ??
Bitcoin can be said assets could also be said of the currency. Depending on the respective people judge him. If I personally made the Bitcoin as an asset, because I'm sure Bitcoin in the future will be so promising assets.
Activity: 1302
Merit: 540
January 12, 2018, 01:24:53 AM

That depends on its use, if bitcoin is used for online transactions it will be crypto currency, but if bitcoin is saved for investment it can become an asset because bitcoin value keeps increasing. That would be a nice advantage.
Either way it will be for the benefits of its holders, bitcoin can be treated as an asset as it can grow due to a supply and demand features, while the main intention is to be very useful in terms of payment transactions, a currency who will able to allow its users to transact without having any interference of
financial institutions, so it's always a win win situation for us who support and believe this system.
Activity: 679
Merit: 500
January 12, 2018, 01:24:40 AM
Bitcoin has a lot of definitions to some of the people. It is because it has a lot of uses due to its nature. Its definition depends on what you think its purpose for you. Bitcoin can be an asset if you use it as an investment, its value increases through time depending on what the market dictates. Bitcoin can also be considered an online currency for those who use it as a medium for transaction.
Activity: 100
Merit: 13
Work smart, Play hard
January 12, 2018, 01:19:44 AM
Yes it is totally an asset as well as a currency. We are know that it is called a digital currency that can be used for purchasing. On the other hand, owning it is similar to owning properties and gold. Enter any time, liquidate when your profits are secured. An investable asset.
Activity: 337
January 12, 2018, 01:13:54 AM
It's still a currency. An asset generates money without any other investment. Although that could be provided by the increase of bitcoin I don't think it passively earns you more. So it's an investment rather than a asset

In my opinion, bitcoin is an asset and currency at the same time. Holding it is having an asset and when the time comes you are going to spend it you are going to convert it into real money, you can say it bitcoin is a currency.
Pages:
Jump to: