Pages:
Author

Topic: Bitcoin is an asset or currency. - page 18. (Read 8542 times)

Activity: 100
Merit: 0
January 15, 2018, 07:42:20 AM
Absolutely it is an asset. If you can't trade it is a currency. It has high transaction fees.
Activity: 34
January 15, 2018, 07:22:48 AM
Undoubtedly, bitcoin is an asset.
Perhaps in a couple of years it will become a currency
Activity: 476
Merit: 12
January 15, 2018, 07:21:47 AM
I hear from many sources that btc is used for trading much more than it is for goods and services; doesn't that make it an asset ??
and is that necessarily a bad thing ?? and what can we do about it as a community ??
Yes, it can be said that Bitcoin is a currency but on the other hand it is also a property of its owners because Bitcoin is now called coin but it is less popular for trading, so it can be considered as an asset
Activity: 22
January 15, 2018, 07:04:14 AM
I hear from many sources that btc is used for trading much more than it is for goods and services; doesn't that make it an asset ??
and is that necessarily a bad thing ?? and what can we do about it as a community ??
Bitcoin can be both a currency and an asset. Bitcoin is a digital currency. And investing in bitcoin can be said as an asset.
Activity: 372
Merit: 100
CPLAY Network
January 15, 2018, 06:26:17 AM
It's still a currency. An asset generates money without any other investment. Although that could be provided by the increase of bitcoin I don't think it passively earns you more. So it's an investment rather than a asset
Bitcoin still cannot be called a currency, if the exchange rate is still $16000/BTC, as assets more suitable,  Grin
Activity: 471
January 15, 2018, 05:49:11 AM
Bitcoin is digital currency but i consider it's real asset.Bitcoin is the most popular for trading platform.
I trade bittrex and poloniex by Bitcoin.Also many exchange support Bitcoin i see.
I think also forex trading is possible by Bitcoin.
Activity: 65
Merit: 27
January 15, 2018, 05:32:16 AM
Actually those what you have heard are just precisely right in some manner and has been applied in different scenario or time because we all do have different ways of using Bitcoin and even altcoins so the term as an asset or currency varies depending on the usage or what we are trying to imply in doing such thing of using Bitcoin. But actually, Bitcoin can be both played as an asset and at the same time as a currency because it do have the characteristics to be those so at the same manner, Bitcoin can be both a currency or an asset.
Activity: 14
January 15, 2018, 05:28:29 AM
Bitcoin is currency and can be used to pay for every things in every place.
new investors use bitcoin as asset
Activity: 103
Merit: 10
January 15, 2018, 05:18:15 AM
bitcoin can be considered as both assets and also currency if we use the bitcoin now for the transaction so it will be as currency if we hold the bitcoin for long time it will get metured and considered as asstes
Activity: 53
January 15, 2018, 05:12:54 AM
From my recommendation, bitoin is an asset somewhat similar to currency. If you preserve it for the next log period you will be very lucky. Actually the price behind the bitcoin will be collective then your next profit will be saved. The profit depends on the bitcoin price that goes and goes down.
Activity: 129
January 15, 2018, 05:07:19 AM
completely agree with the sentiment that bitcoin is no longer a currency and is now considered an asset.

a currency should in theory not have major swings to its value and be relatively cheap to transact with, bitcoin no longer meets this criteria.

Every coin has major swings to its value. Because this whole market is still in development and on the rise and the coins have not yet reached its true price. It will not reach its true price untill its been adopted/implemented worldwide with all the trust and support it can get. That is the reason why we can buy-in cheap as long as it still has a little higher risk-factor to it than fiat currencies.
Activity: 26
January 15, 2018, 04:58:53 AM
To me is an asset because is nt a real cash is something you have and letter converted to cash when you need it.
Activity: 518
January 15, 2018, 04:56:54 AM

I think bitcoin is often used as an asset for the future because it is better to make bitcoin as our investment and assets with the opportunity to become more profitable
Activity: 37
January 15, 2018, 04:48:35 AM
completely agree with the sentiment that bitcoin is no longer a currency and is now considered an asset.

a currency should in theory not have major swings to its value and be relatively cheap to transact with, bitcoin no longer meets this criteria.
Activity: 256
Merit: 102
January 15, 2018, 04:46:44 AM
I think that, in recent times at least, Bitcoin is definitely an asset and not a currency. They have some serious scaling and speed issues to deal with before it can be taken seriously as a currency. It will not be adopted by the masses if they have to wait 5 hours and pay out the arse everytime they want to buy something.
Activity: 354
January 15, 2018, 04:45:03 AM
I think bitcoin can be said asset and can also be made in currency .. assets of course benefit from bitcoin if we invest in it ,, become currency if bitcoin is used for purchase or payment with cryptocurrency system
Activity: 686
Merit: 253
January 15, 2018, 02:43:32 AM
Depending on how you use and store your bitcoins for i think you can save them as an asset that you hope to gain more value on in the future or as a currency which you use as  and when its needed to make purchases online and in person.
Activity: 72
January 15, 2018, 12:26:54 AM
Bitcoin is now considered as Asset rather than currency. We see that bitcoin is a bit pricy right now in terms of regular use. So its considered as an Asset.
Activity: 490
Merit: 11
January 15, 2018, 12:23:34 AM
for a trader, BTC is an asset,
but for KFC, BTC can be used to pay, or can be called as currency
Activity: 70
Merit: 2
January 15, 2018, 12:18:45 AM
You can consider it as both the things. Because mainly it is a digital currency but it also acts as asset because its price fluctuates according to the market demand and supply.
Pages:
Jump to: