Pages:
Author

Topic: Bitcoin is an asset or currency. - page 21. (Read 8542 times)

Activity: 251
Merit: 10
December 24, 2017, 02:45:38 PM
for now bitcoin is an asset but in the future more people will use it and then bitcoin will be a corrency
Activity: 248
Merit: 100
December 24, 2017, 02:38:52 PM
I hear from many sources that btc is used for trading much more than it is for goods and services; doesn't that make it an asset ??
and is that necessarily a bad thing ?? and what can we do about it as a community ??

Bitcoin can be treated as both asset as well as currency, asset because you keep investing in it to get good returns in the future and it can be a good currency since it is secure and decentralized
Activity: 532
Merit: 327
December 24, 2017, 02:09:53 PM
Can be used as both - it is up to you to decide how you want to use Bitcoin. It has tons of uses.
Activity: 223
Merit: 250
December 21, 2017, 05:05:05 PM
Bitcoin is an asset or currency? both ofc
bitcoin is cryptocurrency and very great asset
bitcoin have good future and the price will always increase
No, to be honest, nothing has the concept as "always" or "forever". In my opinion, everything has the value in a cycle. Depend on the cycle is long or short time, it will be exist until the world make it be died someday.
Activity: 4
Merit: 0
December 18, 2017, 06:24:31 AM
For me i categorize bitcoin as asset because in my country its illegal to use bitcoin as currency so we called an asset
Activity: 714
Merit: 253
December 17, 2017, 11:36:39 PM
Bitcoin is an asset or currency? both ofc
bitcoin is cryptocurrency and very great asset
bitcoin have good future and the price will always increase
Activity: 49
December 17, 2017, 11:01:13 PM
It is both.. It's an asset to your financial wealth, also acceptable as a currency for those that accept it!
Activity: 42
December 17, 2017, 10:55:34 PM
I think both. Bitcoin is an asset and also a currency. With bitcoin having high price is definitely an asset meanwhile it is the best currency right now to purchase goods.
Activity: 154
December 17, 2017, 10:48:41 PM
Bitcoin is cryptocurrency, we will have to see the development in the future. Gold was the store of value and then people made coin of Gold. Now Gold is just a commodity, just like silver, copper or platinum to be sold and bought based of the commodity market prices.
Activity: 137
December 17, 2017, 10:42:27 PM
I believe that bitcoin is an asset and currency. Bitcoin is the best way for we to invest it for the future, we can earn some profits. And bitcoin also the best currency, you can buy the things you need with bitcoin in the bitcoin market or you can cash out to your fiat currency. There are so great.
Activity: 2352
Merit: 245
December 17, 2017, 10:33:02 PM
If we compare bitkoyin with the classical understanding of the term currency, then of course, bitkoyn, like the other crypto currency can not be attributed to the traditional concept of currency. However, when this term appeared, there was still no digital analogues of money, as the Internet in general. I think that when the crypto currency is firmly embedded in our life, the concept of "currency" will be revised and the crypto currency, possibly also that not all of its types, will be included in this concept.
Activity: 3
December 17, 2017, 09:38:40 PM
I hear from many sources that btc is used for trading much more than it is for goods and services; doesn't that make it an asset ??
and is that necessarily a bad thing ?? and what can we do about it as a community ??
In some point bitcoin ca be consider as an asset but not a currency. Like example a dollars, peso, rupee,dinar, and etc. That an example of currency all we know.
Activity: 45
December 17, 2017, 09:23:08 PM
I believe it depends on how people used the bitcoin. We can call it Bitcoin is a currency and somehow it's an asset also. These are both tangible and intangible and owned or control by the user/owner right? and these are both produce money and most of the time is converted into cash. So meaning we may describe it either an asset or a currency base on how we are going apply it in our daily transactions or how we gonna used it.
Activity: 812
Merit: 500
December 17, 2017, 07:28:40 PM
bitcoin is an asset... with the same time it is a currency.
That happend because of it's hight price nowadays.... it became an asset.
But I don't think that it is gonna to be used as a typical currency... It has too big transaction time for this kind of usage
Activity: 191
December 17, 2017, 06:57:45 PM
Bitcoin is a digital currency I do not know if this is an asset can be because I do not quite understand the meaning of the asset, I do not have that
Activity: 249
December 17, 2017, 06:51:28 PM
Its both an asset and a currency right now. It will most likely become more of an asset and other cryptocurrencies will be currencies because of fast and cheap transactions.
And I considered it as a source of income rather than payment method. People are so much happier that bitcoins are being accepted worldwide as a source of transaction method like credit cards but I don’t feel good for that. Bitcoins should be only be considered as source of income. Like stock and other shareholding schemes, I think bitcoins have much more than just a payment method.
It is not bad that bitcoin should use for investment only for the purpose of trading. But it will be not too bad that people used it as a system of payment. It will provide convenience and easiness to people’s life to use it as a system of payment. As a system of trading and a system of payment both are good for me.

Then it's the mixture of both, asset and currency. We don't really have to classify bitcoin to understand what it is. It's a hybrid model in our economic world and nothing is hybrid like bitcoin. They're fixed before. Gold for instance.
Activity: 55
December 17, 2017, 06:44:54 PM

In my opinion is both, surely it has became an asset nowadays.
Activity: 644
Merit: 500
December 17, 2017, 06:44:18 PM
Its both an asset and a currency right now. It will most likely become more of an asset and other cryptocurrencies will be currencies because of fast and cheap transactions.
And I considered it as a source of income rather than payment method. People are so much happier that bitcoins are being accepted worldwide as a source of transaction method like credit cards but I don’t feel good for that. Bitcoins should be only be considered as source of income. Like stock and other shareholding schemes, I think bitcoins have much more than just a payment method.
It is not bad that bitcoin should use for investment only for the purpose of trading. But it will be not too bad that people used it as a system of payment. It will provide convenience and easiness to people’s life to use it as a system of payment. As a system of trading and a system of payment both are good for me.
Activity: 2618
Merit: 335
December 16, 2017, 08:17:02 AM
Activity: 3
December 15, 2017, 05:21:30 PM
At the moment more of an asset than currency but that's due to lack of proper implementation. Once that follows' and once the initiall bubble bursts, 'speculants' will take their money elsewhere and focus will be on bitcoin as a developing currency again.
Pages:
Jump to: