Author

Topic: Bitcoin is Becoming a Global Currency - page 148. (Read 226365 times)

Activity: 784
Merit: 500
July 09, 2015, 04:43:56 PM
Bitcoins are spreading all over the world. I wonder why some countries are still against this revolutionary currency. Though I don't think it'll take much time for these countries to accept Bitcoins once they realize its' advantages. Yes, bitcoins should become a global currency in the coming future!

Yeah but don´t unique!

Yes it is spreading all over the world but it is not as faster that it should be and the reason is lack of awareness among the people of the country. It is on the way to be a global currency but it will take some time and it is only possible when there is acceptance across the globe.
Activity: 168
Merit: 100
July 09, 2015, 05:07:53 AM
Being bitcoin so popular will be perfect
Activity: 490
Merit: 255
July 09, 2015, 04:51:50 AM
If Bitcoin becoming a Global Currency, a bunch of new Hacker will born.

You are being delusional to think that BTC is unhackable. Any wallet that is connected to the network is pretty much hackable and we dont need a "new" hacker for that

You don't understand what I'm thinking, I mean that.
A bunch of hackers will trying to hack someones wallets, because they already know about this "digital" currency.
We all know that bitcoin is decentralized so that no one can handle its price. If bitcoin become global currency theres some one who must handle it so that he/she can have an security and also the anti hacking security.
legendary
Activity: 2590
Merit: 3014
Welt Am Draht
July 08, 2015, 08:22:35 AM

You are being delusional to think that BTC is unhackable. Any wallet that is connected to the network is pretty much hackable and we dont need a "new" hacker for that

That makes a layer on top hackable, not BTC itself. There are already unhackable ways of storing coins. They're not the wieldiest right now but no doubt slicker stuff will come out in time.
legendary
Activity: 1022
Merit: 1003
𝓗𝓞𝓓𝓛
July 08, 2015, 07:53:31 AM

You don't understand what I'm thinking, I mean that.
A bunch of hackers will trying to hack someones wallets, because they already know about this "digital" currency.
legendary
Activity: 2562
Merit: 1414
July 04, 2015, 06:17:54 PM
I wonder why some countries are still against this revolutionary currency.

You do know why and it is pretty much obvious that there will be several countries that will lost in term of economic if BTC ever be a global currency ( most likely it is the USA ). Due to the nature of BTC which is decentralized, this thing will never happen and most country will keep on going against this or otherwise they will suffer a lost.

but until the majority will use it(let's say 1B people) you can't really say that it is already a global currency

Kinda not correct on this, basically some world's trade need to be done with BTC for it to be acknowledge as the global currency .

however, considering the recent greek situation and the increase in the number of people using bicoins i get a feeling that soon more countries will adopt bitcoins. it'll soon be a global currency but not now

Greece situation has nothing to do with it. If a country decided to adopt BTC as their currency, it doesnt make BTC as a global currency and I doubt that there will be another incident like greece anymore in the near future because people learns from the mistake they make . Regarding BTC and greece, it is still unsure yet wether BTC will be helping greece to patch all their issue as BTC may be their answer but it is not a guarantee they will be better after adopting it or so
legendary
Activity: 938
Merit: 1000
July 04, 2015, 12:40:06 PM
Bitcoins are spreading all over the world. I wonder why some countries are still against this revolutionary currency. Though I don't think it'll take much time for these countries to accept Bitcoins once they realize its' advantages. Yes, bitcoins should become a global currency in the coming future!

Yeah but don´t unique!
Activity: 462
Merit: 251
July 04, 2015, 10:20:18 AM
For the first time, when I look at the offers on LocalBitcoins.com, there are a half-dozen currencies ahead of the US dollar, offering a higher price for Bitcoin than US dollar users.

Euros, South African Rands, New Zealand Dollars, Hong Kong Dollars, Polish Zloty, Malaysian Ringgits.

It is no longer just the US, EU or even China driving adoption.  There is a market for Bitcoins in major countries all over the world.

The plus point of Bitcoin is it's scarce so as to say in comparison to other currencies and that should actually work as an advantage. The best part is bitcoin reverts us to decentralized currency. The absense of middlemen makes it a great trading option.

There are 21 million bitcoins till now, I don't know what other currency you'd be comparing it with. Yes, decentralization has become an important feature as it limits knowledge to the people trading and not to governments. The absence of a middleman kills the trading fee which is charged, however, minimum transactions fees has to be paid. Its a nice currency, overall Smiley
Bitcoin is the currency that has a lot of advantages in comparison with other currencies. because of the nature and advantages of the bitcoin be very valuable to someone who understands about bitcoin.
Activity: 281
Merit: 250
July 04, 2015, 09:45:16 AM
Bitcoin's voyage has just begun. it has to reach a lot of places before we call it a global currency. we can see that there are still a lot of nations which are against bitcoins and have imposed restrictions on their usage and some have even banned it. however, considering the recent greek situation and the increase in the number of people using bicoins i get a feeling that soon more countries will adopt bitcoins. it'll soon be a global currency but not now
Activity: 714
Merit: 500
July 04, 2015, 05:27:02 AM
For the first time, when I look at the offers on LocalBitcoins.com, there are a half-dozen currencies ahead of the US dollar, offering a higher price for Bitcoin than US dollar users.

Euros, South African Rands, New Zealand Dollars, Hong Kong Dollars, Polish Zloty, Malaysian Ringgits.

It is no longer just the US, EU or even China driving adoption.  There is a market for Bitcoins in major countries all over the world.

The plus point of Bitcoin is it's scarce so as to say in comparison to other currencies and that should actually work as an advantage. The best part is bitcoin reverts us to decentralized currency. The absense of middlemen makes it a great trading option.

There are 21 million bitcoins till now, I don't know what other currency you'd be comparing it with. Yes, decentralization has become an important feature as it limits knowledge to the people trading and not to governments. The absence of a middleman kills the trading fee which is charged, however, minimum transactions fees has to be paid. Its a nice currency, overall Smiley
legendary
Activity: 3486
Merit: 1280
English ⬄ Russian Translation Services
July 04, 2015, 04:43:16 AM

And you will become a millionaire! I wonder how many people actually want bitcoin to become a true global currency without them becoming a new financial elite of sorts first. To hope for something out of nothing is the most popular form of hope...
Activity: 546
Merit: 501
July 04, 2015, 04:38:50 AM

legendary
Activity: 3248
Merit: 1070
July 04, 2015, 03:40:06 AM
Bitcoin is not becoming a global currency...
It is a global currency, and the fastest, cheapest, greatest one IMO!  Smiley

it was designed as a global currency but until the majority will use it(let's say 1B people) you can't really say that it is already a global currency, maybe its diffusion is in a good position right now, but still too few people are using it
legendary
𝓗𝓞𝓓𝓛
July 04, 2015, 12:05:06 AM
If Bitcoin becoming a Global Currency, a bunch of new Hacker will born. They will trying to find your private key, and then Bitcoin wallet guard service will grow up. Grin
Hackers are always around. We, as bitcoiners, are always combating with them. The so called  "Bitcoin wallet guard service", I don't think we will easily trust them, and would rather keep ourself if we know the way how to properly keep them!
Oh yeah, of course. The hacker can disguised to be that guard service, keep them in our hand might be the safest way Grin
Activity: 196
July 04, 2015, 12:03:14 AM

They are against this revolutionary currency because their own currency will be then disregarded and nobody would give a fuck about them. They won't able to print as much money as they want and not give a fuck about their own debt, they cannot track their citizens all the time and where their money goes. they are scared because they won't be able to loot us.
Activity: 156
July 03, 2015, 11:59:47 PM
If Bitcoin becoming a Global Currency, a bunch of new Hacker will born. They will trying to find your private key, and then Bitcoin wallet guard service will grow up. Grin
Hackers are always around. We, as bitcoiners, are always combating with them. The so called  "Bitcoin wallet guard service", I don't think we will easily trust them, and would rather keep ourself if we know the way how to properly keep them!
Activity: 132
July 03, 2015, 11:53:53 PM
Although we know all of the advantages bitcoin has got, but due to lacking of popularity what is the point of keeping bitcoin. As adoption rate increases, we will see the potential of bitcoin. Even the gov will chang their stance to bitcoin if the bitcoin is good to them.
legendary
𝓗𝓞𝓓𝓛
July 03, 2015, 11:51:06 PM
Activity: 756
Merit: 502
July 03, 2015, 11:48:39 PM
I'm not sure I would class some of those countries as 'major' ... but there is a general sense now that bitcoins are leaving the USA, and at an accelerating rate.

I read somewhere that more that 70% of bitcoin transactions are happening in China. So, yes i guess it is leaving the USA.
But there are a lot of bitcoin related startups located at USA. They are open to new technology, build up complete bitcion's infrastructure. There are a lot of ppl there adopting bitcoin. But in China bitcoin is still the minority's game, although  70% of bitcoin transactions are happening in here!
Activity: 294
Merit: 250
July 03, 2015, 11:25:13 PM
Jump to: