Author

Topic: Bitcoin is Becoming a Global Currency - page 149. (Read 226365 times)

legendary
Activity: 938
Merit: 1000
July 03, 2015, 09:48:55 PM
I hope that one day that Bitcoin will be a massive global currency and i hope it is used by many people. The Bitcoin transaction chart does seem to show that Bitcoin is being used more and more.
Bitcoin is not becoming a global currency...
It is a global currency, and the fastest, cheapest, greatest one IMO!  Smiley

Be carefull guys,a global currency  it could  not be  a good idea after all if it become to be "unique", please read   https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/capacity-buy-or-sell-something-never-must-be-limited-under-any-circumstances-1108280   If it is not unique and never will be it, could be OK.
Activity: 574
Merit: 296
Bitcoin isn't a bubble. It's the pin!
July 03, 2015, 05:41:28 PM
I hope that one day that Bitcoin will be a massive global currency and i hope it is used by many people. The Bitcoin transaction chart does seem to show that Bitcoin is being used more and more.
Activity: 77
Merit: 10
July 03, 2015, 12:39:02 PM
Bitcoin is not becoming a global currency...
It is a global currency, and the fastest, cheapest, greatest one IMO!  Smiley
Activity: 154
Merit: 100
July 03, 2015, 12:08:42 PM
BitCoin is revolutionary and it's no surprise that its being adopted by so many countries. They are still banned in a lot of countries which is quite sad. all governments must understand its utility and advantages. But it won't take long for the BitCoins to be a worldwide phenomena.
Activity: 182
Merit: 100
July 03, 2015, 11:49:03 AM
For the first time, when I look at the offers on LocalBitcoins.com, there are a half-dozen currencies ahead of the US dollar, offering a higher price for Bitcoin than US dollar users.

Euros, South African Rands, New Zealand Dollars, Hong Kong Dollars, Polish Zloty, Malaysian Ringgits.

It is no longer just the US, EU or even China driving adoption.  There is a market for Bitcoins in major countries all over the world.

Can't really say that it has been spread worldwide or that it is global currency but bitcoin has surely ascended. Hope that it keeps moving forward and spreads like wildfire. Many countries that are not aware of bitcoins are now beginning to learn about it and accept it and that's a good news.

I would like to believe that yes, it might not be a global currency at the moment or nowhere close around it, but bitcoin adoption at a minute level has already been started on the down low and that day won't be really far when bitcoin just might compete against US dollar or EURO as a global currency. Atleast, I'd like to believe that Tongue
Activity: 16
Merit: 0
July 03, 2015, 11:48:53 AM
I'm not sure I would class some of those countries as 'major' ... but there is a general sense now that bitcoins are leaving the USA, and at an accelerating rate.

I read somewhere that more that 70% of bitcoin transactions are happening in China. So, yes i guess it is leaving the USA.
Activity: 270
Merit: 250
July 03, 2015, 11:46:55 AM
People talk about Bitcoin one day becoming a global currency but something we don't consider is a currency is anything that you can trade goods and services for.
Money (Fiat or cryptocurrency) is only worth what people value it at.

Bitcoin is valued at ~330AUD$ and is used globally.
Bitcoin already is a global currency. It is used around the world and is technically valued higher than any other currency in the modern world.

It's arguable as to whether its a global currency. Sure, it can be used globally but in not many places. It would be very difficult to travel the world on bitcoin or survive solely on it. I hope one day this will change however and it will take time but I do believe it could become the worlds first global currency.
Activity: 336
July 03, 2015, 11:30:41 AM
For the first time, when I look at the offers on LocalBitcoins.com, there are a half-dozen currencies ahead of the US dollar, offering a higher price for Bitcoin than US dollar users.

Euros, South African Rands, New Zealand Dollars, Hong Kong Dollars, Polish Zloty, Malaysian Ringgits.

It is no longer just the US, EU or even China driving adoption.  There is a market for Bitcoins in major countries all over the world.

Can't really say that it has been spread worldwide or that it is global currency but bitcoin has surely ascended. Hope that it keeps moving forward and spreads like wildfire. Many countries that are not aware of bitcoins are now beginning to learn about it and accept it and that's a good news.
legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 1005
April 08, 2015, 05:39:54 PM
So its all about the buyers of bitcoin. If they buy more btc the price of btc will increased.

It is a hidden secret, but yes you are exactly right. The value of the money results exactly from the demand to hold, and nothing else.

Why nothing else, why not, as in oil, the production, the usage, and the supply? Here is why: In sound money, there is no production (in principle), there is no consumption (in principle). And tada!: Supply is under these presumptions, the same as lack of demand. Analogous to: Darkness is lack of light, and coldness is the lack of warmth. We are left with only the demand to hold. When you understand this, you understand a lot.

This is the relationship between supply and demand. Supply is the number pf production of bitcoin that the miner's produce. And the demand is the number of the product that can buy of the buyers .

No, in a market sense, supply is the coins offered for a price, not the produced coins. Therefore, it is just the inverse of the demand, which is the offers to buy. Therefore, supply is the willingness to sell, which is the same as the urge to hold less.

But i know that demand is the buyers that how many he/she can buy . And the supply  is the number of product that he/she can sell.

The demand is what the buyers want to buy and act on, i.e they place a bid or accept someone else's offer. The supply is what the sellers want to sell and act on, i.e they place an offer or accept someone else's bid. You may want a yacht, and could afford it, that is not the same as demand, unless you in fact make a bid. The bids and asks are pairs of price and volume. You may offer 2 for 100 each, or 10 for 300 each. Aggregated, it becomes a curve of price and volume, not only a volume.

The special thing with money, is that they are not produced in a factory and destructed (consumed) in the home. They just wander around. The sellers of money are the same people as the buyers of money (at another time). Therefore supply and demand can be collapsed into one: the demand to hold.

Activity: 490
Merit: 255
April 08, 2015, 07:59:26 AM
So its all about the buyers of bitcoin. If they buy more btc the price of btc will increased.

It is a hidden secret, but yes you are exactly right. The value of the money results exactly from the demand to hold, and nothing else.

Why nothing else, why not, as in oil, the production, the usage, and the supply? Here is why: In sound money, there is no production (in principle), there is no consumption (in principle). And tada!: Supply is under these presumptions, the same as lack of demand. Analogous to: Darkness is lack of light, and coldness is the lack of warmth. We are left with only the demand to hold. When you understand this, you understand a lot.

This is the relationship between supply and demand. Supply is the number pf production of bitcoin that the miner's produce. And the demand is the number of the product that can buy of the buyers .

No, in a market sense, supply is the coins offered for a price, not the produced coins. Therefore, it is just the inverse of the demand, which is the offers to buy. Therefore, supply is the willingness to sell, which is the same as the urge to hold less.

But i know that demand is the buyers that how many he/she can buy . And the supply  is the number of product that he/she can sell.
legendary
April 08, 2015, 07:47:59 AM

April 08, 2015, 07:44:22 AM

legendary
April 08, 2015, 04:31:09 AM

legendary
Activity: 1246
!!! RiSe aBovE ThE StoRm !!!
April 07, 2015, 11:46:55 PM
Do you know what is probably the biggest obstacle in regards to mainstream adoption of bitcoin by the general public? it is conservatism towards money amongst a mass populace who do not appreciate the way 'the dollar in your pocket' has been successfully eroded by inflation, government debt and of course the massive madness of quantitative easing.

The problem is people are okay with a 1% decline in value over a year. They might not even notice it.
But when they see that Bitcoin has lost 50+% of its value in a year, they are naturally reluctant to invest in it.

Then they should also research and have a watch on why that happened, and what actually was the reason behind those declines...
Activity: 448
April 07, 2015, 11:30:44 PM
People talk about Bitcoin one day becoming a global currency but something we don't consider is a currency is anything that you can trade goods and services for.
Money (Fiat or cryptocurrency) is only worth what people value it at.

Bitcoin is valued at ~330AUD$ and is used globally.
Bitcoin already is a global currency. It is used around the world and is technically valued higher than any other currency in the modern world.

We're already there, lets keep going.
April 07, 2015, 10:13:44 PM
legendary
Activity: 3542
Merit: 1352
Cashback 15%
April 07, 2015, 01:09:13 PM

It is no longer just the US, EU or even China driving adoption.  There is a market for Bitcoins in major countries all over the world.
These mean that BTC currency is prefer than other currency . This mean that BTC is the greatest of all currencies and also the price of btc will become higher because of the offering of the users.

I think you got it wrong. A high number of users preferring a currency over the other doesn't mean that it is the greatest, and because of the high preference rate, that doesn't mean that the price will also be high. The price of btc still relies on the supply and demand. If more people buy = high price. If less people buy = low price, but this doesn't mean that the price is solely dependent on the supply and demand. There are also different factors that come into play in regards to the price.

You mean that the real money effect the price of btc and it will say if the price of btc are going down or up.

"Fiat" is a better term than "real money".

No, the price of fiat doesn't determine whether the price of btc goes up or down, and again, we go back to supply and demand. BTC and fiat are two different entities as far as the concept and feature goes.
April 07, 2015, 12:41:44 PM
You mean that the real money effect the price of btc and it will say if the price of btc are going down or up.
Activity: 826
April 07, 2015, 12:13:38 PM

These mean that BTC currency is prefer than other currency . This mean that BTC is the greatest of all currencies and also the price of btc will become higher because of the offering of the users.

Btc price will be higher because its the greatest currency?  Huh

I think you are looking at it wrong, the price of btc goes up and down everyday. Its all based on if more real money is put into play with bigger amounts, it just means that more people globally are willing to hold btc thats all that means.

April 07, 2015, 11:37:52 AM

Jump to: