Author

Topic: Bitcoin is Becoming a Global Currency - page 154. (Read 226365 times)

Activity: 308
Merit: 250
March 09, 2015, 11:22:00 AM
Bitcoin has the potential to play in PayPal's league, but Bitcoin will never become a global currency. I do not believe in the moon stuff.

There is an old saying you never say never, but yes unlikely at best. It will go beyond paypal league because it is superior to paypal in every way. You must be one of the only people who do not believe in the moon  Tongue
What do you class as not believing in the moon? 
Q7
Activity: 448
March 09, 2015, 10:55:17 AM
It's going to become the global currency that's for sure, only time will tell. And I still don't understand why most people did not realize that we have been deceived all these while to think that the money we are holding onto will still be worth the same someday. That is if the current financial system will still be around by then. With bitcoin we have yet to realize its true potential and how important it's going to be someday.
Activity: 574
Merit: 500
March 09, 2015, 09:45:32 AM
I believe it will be, in the future. But I doubt it will long live because bitcoin distribution is limited, except is there are alt coin will replace bitcoin.

~iki
i don't think it is a problem! Some ppl adopted early and get rich! Or they invested a lot in mining and get reward of a chunk of it. It is the same of the real world!
legendary
Activity: 1143
Merit: 1000
March 09, 2015, 09:27:54 AM
Its not only about bitcoin as a currency but bitcoin as a protocol, governments could implement their own cryptocurrency that could be exchanged for bitcoins and viceversa, changing their old fiat money for new crytocurrency centralized system .
Activity: 686
Merit: 500
fb.com/Bitky.shop | Bitcoin Merch!Premium Quality!
March 09, 2015, 08:59:50 AM
I believe it will be, in the future. But I doubt it will long live because bitcoin distribution is limited, except is there are alt coin will replace bitcoin.

~iki
Activity: 602
Merit: 508
March 09, 2015, 06:38:00 AM
Bitcoin has the potential to play in PayPal's league, but Bitcoin will never become a global currency. I do not believe in the moon stuff.
legendary
Activity: 1386
Merit: 1016
March 09, 2015, 02:33:21 AM
That is exactly the case here. US Dollar is still the most used business currency in the world. You are paying for most of your international deal with US Dollars after all. I don't think it will gonna change anytime soon. While other currencies stay close and some are even more expensive than USD it dies not matter since dollars are more regarded and used all over the world. But I do not see bitcoin becoming World Currency anytime soon bitcoin revolution just begun.

Only a currency that is cheaper to transfer and more price stable will beat USD.
Due to the current low adoption rate, there are still long way to go before the price will be stable. As Bitcoin is improving in its features and usability, the advantages of it is showing up gradually and ppl will realize it. On the other side, USD dollar will show its disadvantages of being centralized currency, such as inflation,  transfer fee, counterfeited notes, space to carry etc.
legendary
Activity: 3920
Merit: 2349
Eadem mutata resurgo
March 09, 2015, 02:22:52 AM
Is there any evidence of penetration beyond the black market?

The global black market capital flow has been estimated around $20 trillion and growing at faster rate with the widespread trend towards financial facism (cash limits, bank account monitoring, capital controls, financial data mining, etc).
Activity: 434
Loose lips sink sigs!
March 09, 2015, 02:17:10 AM
Is not surprising, and the governments won\t be able to stop bitcoin.We have to hear good stuff about this coin,not only negative ones.I in bitcoin,and i believe will become the top global currency!

I don't think it's as clear cut as "governments won't be able to stop bitcoin."

Governments can and have done some awful things to control the people. They can certainly push bitcoin underground, which wouldn't be good. But the people control of this too. The people need to elect leaders that support the future they want to see. The people need to get more involved in politics. The people need to find their voice...then use it.
legendary
Activity: 1596
Merit: 1005
★Nitrogensports.eu★
March 08, 2015, 08:07:36 PM

You may also note that many people may be using the US dollar without being US citizens.

That is exactly the case here. US Dollar is still the most used business currency in the world. You are paying for most of your international deal with US Dollars after all. I don't think it will gonna change anytime soon. While other currencies stay close and some are even more expensive than USD it dies not matter since dollars are more regarded and used all over the world. But I do not see bitcoin becoming World Currency anytime soon bitcoin revolution just begun.
legendary
Activity: 3066
Merit: 1047
Your country may be your worst enemy
March 08, 2015, 07:48:24 PM
For the first time, when I look at the offers on LocalBitcoins.com, there are a half-dozen currencies ahead of the US dollar, offering a higher price for Bitcoin than US dollar users.

You may also note that many people may be using the US dollar without being US citizens.
legendary
Activity: 1358
Merit: 1014
March 08, 2015, 04:51:37 PM
For a given country's population, if the share of bitcoiners was the same in every country, Americans would only make 5% of all transactions. On the other hand, if using bitcoin is relative to the available wealth, the U.S. will keep on dominating bitcoin for many more years.

I think south euro countries may start becoming the main countries in term of transactions volume, also then later on add all those poor countries without banking system once with SMS technology you can do more than enough to operate with BTC.
legendary
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1000
Satoshi is rolling in his grave. #bitcoin
March 08, 2015, 03:54:53 PM
It definetly is gaining more adoption with time, regardless of the price, but its still far away from competing with world currencies back to back.
The best thing about bitcoin is that it knows no nationality, it is universal, and thats another thing that will make it success.

cheers
legendary
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1003
March 08, 2015, 03:40:14 PM
Certainly, bitcoin is becoming a world wide currency, and will grow bigger in the future. Half of the places I go now, all except bitcoin.  Wink I guess that's a good thing for us investors. BTC
A global currency, yes. A major global currency, unfortunately not, and it seems a long way off happening too..
There is a long list of countries that are being screwed over with negative interest rates and massively devalued currencies, people in these countries would have done very well getting their money into bitcoin a few months ago, but as can be seen by the low price, they aren't really doing that.

I guess price volatility is still too high, or upwards price volatility too low for people to be tempted in on mass.
Activity: 252
I love bitcoins.
March 08, 2015, 03:27:30 PM
Certainly, bitcoin is becoming a world wide currency, and will grow bigger in the future. Half of the places I go now, all except bitcoin.  Wink I guess that's a good thing for us investors. BTC
legendary
Activity: 1918
Merit: 1018
March 30, 2014, 03:34:02 AM
For a given country's population, if the share of bitcoiners was the same in every country, Americans would only make 5% of all transactions. On the other hand, if using bitcoin is relative to the available wealth, the U.S. will keep on dominating bitcoin for many more years.

They have a head start so they will fare well in the coming year in terms of BTC holdings

Bitcoin will really take off when the fiat currencies will show their weaknesses, most still think the USD is undestroyable
Activity: 252
March 30, 2014, 03:18:46 AM
bitcoin is the crypto reserve currency

soon it will be the global reserve currency for fiat
Activity: 53
Merit: 0
March 29, 2014, 07:22:13 AM
The idea that Bitcoin is used for money laundering is a red herring. The biggest money launderer in the world is HSBC. http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2013-07-02/hsbc-judge-approves-1-9b-drug-money-laundering-accord.html
Activity: 42
Merit: 0
March 29, 2014, 05:52:15 AM
Is not surprising, and the governments won\t be able to stop bitcoin.We have to hear good stuff about this coin,not only negative ones.I in bitcoin,and i believe will become the top global currency!

But the current economic situation, many countries began to address the currency bitcoin above, many are used for money laundering, so this is a very difficult problem.
Activity: 342
March 28, 2014, 04:29:09 PM
It's great! Soon we'll take over the world... soon...

WONDERFUL PICTURE  Cheesy
Jump to: