Pages:
Author

Topic: Bitcoin is Dead - page 6. (Read 7684 times)

Activity: 14
Merit: 0
July 03, 2013, 04:52:07 PM
The current drop is Bitcoin price is probably due to the uncertainty that ASIC miners are creating not the actual ASIC miners themselves. People aren't sure what's going to happen - (especially the GPU Bitcoin miners) so they are likely selling pushing the price down. Once the adjustment period is over, price will likely rebound.

You're missing OP's point:  ASICS don't bring uncertainty, the outcome is *certain.*  If you had a money press that prints real money, why would you sell it?  
Edit: ASICs are, or are claimed to be, these printing presses.  If they make more bitcoins than you pay for them & the juice to run them -- a no-brainer win unless... THE VALUE OF BITCOINS GOES DOWN.  That's the only sound reason to sell the printing press Sad  And they're being made.  And sold.

I think you misunderstood - they create uncertainty in the future of Bitcoin - i.e. will it survive the concentration of mining power that ASICs are being used for?

The real winners of ASICs are the companies that produce and sell them. Anybody mining with ASICs especially those high end ones mentioned will always see a declining return even if Bitcoin remains the same price. It's a losing battle, the more power they add to the network the more difficult if becomes and the less bitcoins they make. This is the reason that ASIC companies simply couldn't produce all their machines and turn them all on to make $$$ - after a couple of days the difficulty would shoot so high that it wouldn't make sense.

That's pretty much my point, but see if this works any better for you:
Premise: Asicminer thinks its rigs, sold to marks at a markup, will still be profitable for the marks.
Conclusion:  Asicminer are fools to sell, they will get more bitcoins by mining with their chips themselves, and if the dollar value of each bitcoin remains the same as it is today, they will get a greater profit.
Corollary:  Either Asicminer are a bunch of noobs, the other miners will not recoup their investment (in bitcoins), or the last option: the value of bitcoin is expected to decrease, so even if the miners get back their investment in bitcoins, those bitcoins will be worth less.  Fail.

By selling now, asic companies have zero interest in longterm stability of the network, zilch.

TL;DR: If it's not profitable for Asicminer to mine with all of their chips, it's certainly unprofitable for anyone else to pay a markup & mine with those same chips.

asicminer is just "shares" of someones' mock stock market printing press NYC;)
legendary
Activity: 2030
Merit: 1000
My money; Our Bitcoin.
July 03, 2013, 04:40:26 PM
The term "Revolutionary" has been debased by pitchmen.  Events are only "revolutionary" in hindsight. The fight's still on -- it's just unrest, uprising -- whatever you want to call it.  If Bitcoin wins -- the winners will justly call it revolutionary.  And in a revolution, having the miners on your side is a big win. Cheesy

It is not revolutionary in that sense... evolutionary may be a better term.  One perhaps would need to be a computer scientist and know the history of digital money to understand it fully.
July 03, 2013, 04:38:11 PM
Activity: 100
Merit: 10
Psalm 15
July 03, 2013, 04:36:10 PM
To be honest, I wouldn't mind having my own ASIC miner, if for nothing else then grins and giggles.
July 03, 2013, 04:12:55 PM
Activity: 1
July 03, 2013, 03:07:35 PM
It's interesting to see that some mining hardware manufacturer sells their devices in BTC and some in USD.
July 03, 2013, 02:58:47 PM

" To late. ASIC manufacturers are a single monopoly. "

the bitcoin insiders club is the monopoly and the bitcoin key cracker is only to target "dead" accounts with over 1000 coins we believe there is still hope NYC;)

donator
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1079
Gerald Davis
July 03, 2013, 02:30:27 PM
Having to post here first makes ME want to die

The good news is you can later delete your post and pretend it never happened .... but you will always know it did.
Activity: 3
July 03, 2013, 02:28:32 PM
Having to post here first makes ME want to die
July 03, 2013, 02:25:24 PM

Miners like ASIC foundation have the power and money to disrupt a crypto coin. They are just an example, of how the usual guy is going to be left out eventually.

Pray tell what is this mythical ASIC foundation, good sir?

AM insiders club they sell shares on an exchange and people are "investing" in them NYC;)
Activity: 644
Merit: 500
July 03, 2013, 02:23:52 PM
Hey crumbs what gives the USD value in this type of economy? OIL and the MILITARY that enforces countries in using the USD to facilitate trade. Right?

Now how are we to expect that a force such as this will step aside and allow us to skirt the rules? They will not.

I see them shutting down any way possible way to transfer bitcoin to USD LEGALLY!

They are in control as long as we need their USD to pay for products. Retailers will not accept bitcoin if they can no longer exchange it to USD with any legal services in place and if they do it could be construed as tax evasion.

Am I wrong here?

No, you're right, but expect to be shouted down & mocked -- your opinion is not popular on this forum.  When the party's over, pointing that out won't win you any friends Cheesy

Sigh* I know this all too well.
Activity: 210
Merit: 100
July 03, 2013, 02:19:51 PM
Hey crumbs what gives the USD value in this type of economy? OIL and the MILITARY that enforces countries in using the USD to facilitate trade. Right?

Now how are we to expect that a force such as this will step aside and allow us to skirt the rules? They will not.

I see them shutting down any way possible way to transfer bitcoin to USD LEGALLY!

They are in control as long as we need their USD to pay for products. Retailers will not accept bitcoin if they can no longer exchange it to USD with any legal services in place and if they do it could be construed as tax evasion.

Am I wrong here?

No, you're right, but expect to be shouted down & mocked -- your opinion is not popular on this forum.  When the party's over, pointing that out won't win you any friends Cheesy
July 03, 2013, 02:16:42 PM

Am I wrong here?
Activity: 210
Merit: 100
July 03, 2013, 02:05:57 PM
[...]
I agree about mining however you are missing the whole Idea of bitcoin as being adopted by the people. Who are these people?

How about people who want to send money to anyone they want without some middle man getting in the way and charging a high fee,
or arbitrarily freezing their funds because they don't approve of the transaction... how about merchants who also don't want middle men
charging them high fees as well as not having to worry about chargebacks...  How about migrant workers who want to send money back
to their families...  We will probably see greater adoption in the third world than anywhere else because of its advantages over existing systems. 

I'm not speaking for MooC Tals, but the adopters you've listed just don't seem to be ... adopting.  If the existent user base begins to erode (GPU miners shifting to altcoins, etc.), it's hard to see that as good news for Bitcoin as a whole.

Bitcoin is a lot more than some commodity to be traded like gold.  It is people who only see it as that who are missing the whole idea behind Bitcoin.

Bitcoin is a revolutionary global peer-to-peer decentralized payment system with very low fees. And it works just as well at $1 per BTC as at $1000 per BTC. 

The term "Revolutionary" has been debased by pitchmen.  Events are only "revolutionary" in hindsight. The fight's still on -- it's just unrest, uprising -- whatever you want to call it.  If Bitcoin wins -- the winners will justly call it revolutionary.  And in a revolution, having the miners on your side is a big win. Cheesy
July 03, 2013, 02:03:21 PM
Activity: 980
FREE $50 BONUS - STAKE - [click signature]
July 03, 2013, 01:50:06 PM
...you are missing the whole Idea of bitcoin as being adopted by the people. Who are these people?

Is it me?
No

I don't want to be a ballerina.  Strangely I don't spend my days on ballerinatalk.org

THis comment just made my day, lol Smiley
donator
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1079
Gerald Davis
July 03, 2013, 01:49:13 PM
...you are missing the whole Idea of bitcoin as being adopted by the people. Who are these people?

Is it me?
No

I don't want to be a ballerina.  Strangely I don't spend my days on ballerinatalk.org
legendary
Activity: 2030
Merit: 1000
My money; Our Bitcoin.
July 03, 2013, 01:41:08 PM
July 03, 2013, 01:11:00 PM
Activity: 332
Merit: 253
July 03, 2013, 12:49:49 PM
So many times we here "the sky (or BTC price) is falling". Doesn't seem to have happened yet despite many incidents that have had a negative impact on the market.
Pages:
Jump to: