Pages:
Author

Topic: BITCOIN IS NOT BUBBLE!! - page 17. (Read 1453 times)

Activity: 668
Merit: 255
March 29, 2018, 04:51:06 PM
I think, the original idea of bitcoin was to be a currency, what everyone can use  to buy absolutely everything without the participation of the Bank.  Public attention, what bitcoin received in end of  2017, quite increased his price and has generated many rumors about "bubble". But I'm more than sure, that everyone, who calling bitcoin "bubble" just understand how it works.
Activity: 616
Merit: 263
March 29, 2018, 03:48:14 PM
Well they actually say bitcoin is currently in a bubble, not that the whole thing is a bubble. Or at least that's my view of it. At certain times there is a growth face that expands like a bubble and may at some point pop in future, that doesn't mean that it will completely crash to zero, but that popping event can analogous to a severe dip in value, similar to the drip we're seeing now.
Activity: 279
Merit: 16
March 29, 2018, 03:44:50 PM
As a few others have mentioned, Bitcoin has definitely experienced bubbles, but that does not mean that it is a worthless asset. There are famous bubbles like the tulip bubble which really were insane and there was nothing supporting it but that's not the case for bitcoin. The bubbles in this case are no different to the ones we see with house prices or stocks, the price increases above where it should reasonably be and then corrects back to a more reasonable level. People seem too set in the idea that a bubble must end with something falling to 0.
legendary
Activity: 4354
Merit: 3260
March 29, 2018, 02:11:07 PM
I define a bubble as an event in which a speculation-based positive feedback loop pushes the price of asset far above a reasonable value (based on a risk-adjusted discounted future price), inevitably followed by a crash that returns the price to rationality.

Bitcoin is clearly in a bubble (that has popped). However, unlike the FUDsters, I don't believe that a reasonable future price is 0.

This current bubble is not unusual or unique in any way as Bitcoin has experienced several bubbles in the past. This one has been moderate compared to the others.

My prediction is that the price will level out at around $5000 over the next several months and then perhaps start slowly rising again as people see that Bitcoin is not going away.

Only people who don't understand Bitcoin call it a bubble, or even worse reference the Tulip Mania. It is like they are saying things without even know what they are saying, dare I say are they begin ignorant? Roll Eyes

I have been an active investor and entrepreneur for decades, and I have been actively involved with Bitcoin since 2011. I feel that those who claim that Bitcoin is not in a bubble are the ignorant (or perhaps just wishful) ones.
Activity: 490
Merit: 107
March 29, 2018, 12:14:34 PM
Only people who don't understand Bitcoin call it a bubble, or even worse reference the Tulip Mania. It is like they are saying things without even know what they are saying, dare I say are they begin ignorant? Roll Eyes
If it is a bubble it might had ended  earlier but why it gone this far and why it  just not ended when the time it is in the time struggle and why it is earn acceptance people around the world.
Activity: 322
Merit: 111
Revolutionized Rotating Savings & Borrowings
March 29, 2018, 11:59:34 AM
Activity: 350
Merit: 10
March 29, 2018, 10:43:05 AM
Today, the Internet World is full of people who are called economists who say bitcoin is a "bubble." they seemed to spread fear, uncertainty, and doubt. They say that the bitcoin high price rally will be a disaster. however, it looks like they just hate cryptocurrency. many of these experts do not fully understand bitcoin.

Bitcoin is special. This is not a company that can lose profitability and fail. This is certainly not a speculative real estate scam that could collapse due to government and bank fraud. Bitcoin is something else. Its value does not increase due to market lies. This is increasing because it is a life-changing financial discovery. This increases as more people adopt it.

Bitcoin also grows as a result of basic economy. Its supply is limited to 21 million units and this certainly makes assets scarce.  If something is scarce and many people want it, then, its value will eventually increase.

So.. Bitcoin is not Bubble!!

I think Bitcoin is not a bubble, why? It is because Bitcoin now has it's boundary on its drop and would not become zero, unless people will stop patronizing cryptocurrencies.
Activity: 19
Merit: 0
March 29, 2018, 10:31:04 AM
If you call going from $1000 to $19,000 in a year then declining sharply a bubble, then sure, it's a bubble.

But if you factor in that it didn't go crashing back down to zero but hit resistance points at $10,000, $9,000 and $8,000 and is now testing $7,000, then it's deflating slowly rather than bursting.

But even if it slides all the way down to $2,000, it still almost doubled in a little over a year. I'll take that kind of bubble every day.
legendary
Activity: 2114
Merit: 1292
There is trouble abrewing
March 29, 2018, 10:18:15 AM
the problem with the term "bubble" and bitcoin has always been one thing, in my opinion.
people think bitcoin is only a bubble if it has gone up above some arbitrary price that they have in mind. for some this may be $1000 even and for others it may be $10k. and then they expect a bubble burst to be catastrophic and they say for example if price started dropping from $20k it should fall down to $1k so that they are satisfied there is no more bubble!

the reality is very different though!
bubbles happen, in fact we already had a lot of bitcoin bubbles and at least 4 or 5 huge ones and each time they burst and market corrects itself while a bunch of people are screaming weird low numbers! $20k was a bubble, so was $1200 of 2013, and so was $200 before that, and even $1 at some point.
in fact the roller coaster thing is basically this rise and fall when bitcoin enters its bubbles, then they burst and we have a huge drop because of panic (not only because of bubble) and then we start rising back up again.

so i think saying "bitcoin is not a bubble" is as wrong as saying "bitcoin is a bubble".  at times we have bubbles and they don't last long and just because price is dropping it doesn't mean we are still in a bubble!
Activity: 95
Merit: 13
March 29, 2018, 09:58:47 AM
The Price of Bitcoin and Altcoins are in control of whales (have huge amount of holdings).

They can dump and pump the price anytime.
We need more distribution so that the price will be stable.

I don't think so Bitcoin is a Bubble.
Activity: 406
Merit: 256
March 29, 2018, 09:52:26 AM
Bitcoin was invented as a currency that will become an alternative for all Fiat. Perhaps the price of bitcoin has been artificially increased, but it is our fault. We drugged him with speculative capital. Now the price has returned to the real indicators. Perhaps now the volatility of bitcoin will decrease and the price will grow slowly. I don't see any signs of a bubble.
Activity: 313
Merit: 1
March 04, 2018, 10:41:03 AM
Today, the Internet World is full of people who are called economists who say bitcoin is a "bubble." they seemed to spread fear, uncertainty, and doubt. They say that the bitcoin high price rally will be a disaster. however, it looks like they just hate cryptocurrency. many of these experts do not fully understand bitcoin.

Bitcoin is special. This is not a company that can lose profitability and fail. This is certainly not a speculative real estate scam that could collapse due to government and bank fraud. Bitcoin is something else. Its value does not increase due to market lies. This is increasing because it is a life-changing financial discovery. This increases as more people adopt it.

Bitcoin also grows as a result of basic economy. Its supply is limited to 21 million units and this certainly makes assets scarce.  If something is scarce and many people want it, then, its value will eventually increase.

So.. Bitcoin is not Bubble!!
Pages:
Jump to: