Pages:
Author

Topic: Bitcoin is useless so why high price? - page 4. (Read 4682 times)

Activity: 48
Merit: 0
October 21, 2018, 09:16:39 PM
I don't think Bitcoin is useless. It is used online for value transfer (no chargebacks), be it person to person or buying/selling from a company.  It is also used to buy other alternative coins (altcoins). Also, it is used as an asset/investment (is secure). The price doesn't matter because if you need to buy $100 worth of Bitcoin, lets say to buy some altcoins, you will get about $100 worth of Bitcoin no matter what the price is ($5k, $10k, or $20+k) unless the price changes really quickly.

Also, I don't know why people complain about high fees when I used Bitcoin for years and don't really remember high fees except around last summer (2017) but that got fixed. I just sent $7 worth of Bitcoin and the fee was like few cents.
Activity: 350
Merit: 1
October 21, 2018, 07:52:14 PM
Well I do not agree , bitcoin is certainly the first of all cryptocurrency said to us all what we have now , so I think we should only store bitcoin due to the fact that he's the real future!
Activity: 532
October 21, 2018, 07:25:07 PM
I don't agree with you... Bitcoin having high transaction fee doesn't make it a useless coin if you really understand what Bitcoin is in details you won't say it  a useless coin. Moreover it the mother to all other coin, Bitcoin is the source you can't just forget about the source. It more reliable unlike the Altcoin.
Activity: 504
Merit: 10
October 21, 2018, 06:54:48 PM
the high price is that this coin is the first of its kind, it is the main tool for all cryptocurrencies, and therefore it is in the first places, most traders have this coin and many trade this coin every day, so the price is high
Activity: 114
October 14, 2018, 06:31:07 PM
The question has an answer. Useless things can not be expensive, especially in the long term. Bitcoin is almost 10 years old and its value is constantly growing (of course, there are UPS and downs, as in all financial markets).
Activity: 130
October 13, 2018, 12:29:08 PM
BTC is the first generation crypto that had a promising technology for the 2010 year. Right now this market evolved in something more interesting. we are now seeing 4th generation of crypto in development. But without BTC it couldnt be happened.
Bitcoin been around longer than that though....You are correct, the coin did changed how people purchase and sell things. That is part of the reason why it is expensive.
Activity: 364
Merit: 252
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
October 13, 2018, 12:26:22 PM
Bitcoin has a very common name and many people confuse all the crypto with just Bitcoin. Very less people know about the other alcoins
That is why Bitcoin will be the most useful coin. Most people don't know how to use any Altcoin because it's so complicated.
October 13, 2018, 12:19:29 PM
The blockchain economy is up and coming, in some shape. Little uncertainty remains that we will in the end push toward a world in which the vast majority of our exchanges will be handled on the blockchain, and we will, after some time, utilize digital currency for our day by day exchanges. What stays to be seen is whether bitcoin or a contender will be that digital money.
October 11, 2018, 04:27:31 PM
actually bitcoin has very good potential to be developed and adopted into many platforms, and its limited total supply makes its value even more unchallenged
Activity: 238
October 11, 2018, 04:26:22 PM
BTC is the first generation crypto that had a promising technology for the 2010 year. Right now this market evolved in something more interesting. we are now seeing 4th generation of crypto in development. But without BTC it couldnt be happened.
BTC is a pioneer. Which shows the others which way to go. After all, bitcoin is the most successful currency on the market.
Activity: 518
Merit: 102
simply getting the job done
October 11, 2018, 04:16:36 PM
who said to you that bitcoin is useless? of course it is usefull, but if you ask, what is the difference, there is no too many differences from others, but one thing is important, bitcoin is the first one which is successed, and people trust it. Also you must know that if people start to buy a glass of water for 1000 dolars tomorrow, you can not buy it for 999 dolars till they gave up.
legendary
Activity: 2982
Merit: 1280
Hire Bitcointalk Camp. Manager @ r7promotions.com
October 11, 2018, 04:07:13 PM
Bitcoin is very slow transaction and fee is rediculus then why people bother buying it or considering it. I have £130 of bitcoin and I want to move it and it is asking for £28 network fee. Why should people bother having it. I can't wait to get rid of it when the fee is low.

Bitcoin fees is really high, but I don't agree that this is useless because I believe in the future of every cryptocurrency and bitcoin is one of them. If you really think bitcoin is nothing then stop holding on it. Bitcoin will be better in 2018 and people who sold it on panic will surely buy back.
I dont know when will it be better again, until now it is still as is. Holders believe that it will be better in the future simply because they are hoping to benefit good from their holdings. Sometimes I wonder if those who are saying that bitcoin has a future really believe it has or they are just simply saying it to feel better about it.
legendary
Activity: 1582
Merit: 1031
October 11, 2018, 04:03:08 PM
why should bitcoin be unless iam paying since more than 2 years my hosting and my domain with it and iam doing Bitcoin lending since more than 4 years now.
so its in real use there are Townsend other ways to use your bitcoins o0

regards
Activity: 286
October 11, 2018, 04:00:50 PM
With the coin being a first generation coin, there is a very small chance of the coin being replaced by anything.
Activity: 826
Merit: 500
October 11, 2018, 03:59:42 PM
Bitcoin has a very common name and many people confuse all the crypto with just Bitcoin. Very less people know about the other alcoins
Activity: 475
Merit: 250
October 11, 2018, 03:57:20 PM
Bitcoin is the first ever created crypto currency. Bitcoin is also the most trusted and the most popular coin in the world. Practically BTC is useless but it is more like a symbol of all currencies. I believe that one day, BTC will be replaced by more perspective altcoins.

Many people think that Bitcoin's value is being overestimated because they do not really understand the way in which investors in this market value. Bitcoin is regarded as a storage asset to avoid events occurring in real life such as crises, natural disasters, etc.
Activity: 1203
Merit: 508
Manager of looking busy #citizencosmos
October 11, 2018, 03:55:52 PM
legendary
Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000
Look ARROUND!
October 11, 2018, 03:53:30 PM
It is very strange to receive such questions, especially when BTC has been around for so long, because today people are mostly just beginning to understand what BTC is and what the blockchain is, probably today such questions arise.
Bitcoin is not useless because the coins can be transferred to another client over the Internet.
Activity: 266
October 11, 2018, 03:52:37 PM
send 130 bitcoins ($ 820,000 at today's exchange rate) and pay only 28 pounds. Is that a lot? through the bank, to send such a sum in general is a whole business, and the commission buder is dozens of times more. but if you compare with other coins, it is clear that for a long time there are coins that are in many ways better than Bitcoin. But the market is arranged so that nobody cares better - the main thing is who is first
Activity: 266
October 11, 2018, 03:49:32 PM
What to say you have a great cryptocurrency portfolio and you can be envied Having so many bitcoins you need to have some patience. Otherwise, there will be no bitcoins left in your carefree future. You need patience my friend patience.
Pages:
Jump to: