Pages:
Author

Topic: Bitcoin making alts useless - page 18. (Read 1695 times)

Activity: 46
Merit: 0
February 10, 2018, 05:00:19 PM
There is room for more than one crytocurrency.
Especially, a crypto will fit to one specific need.
Seeing the world ruled by only one crypto is IMO not going to happen.
Activity: 39
Merit: 0
February 10, 2018, 04:56:46 PM
i donr see BTC used in day to day life it will be more or less digital gold, asset holding value where as some other alts with less fee and quicker transation time will have more daily use
Activity: 686
Merit: 11
February 10, 2018, 04:50:21 PM
This is the present. But in future...
The crypto-currency world is going so rapidly that bitcoin suddenly can surrender. After this, the race of leading coins will starts. Then it will become even more interesting)
legendary
Activity: 2268
Merit: 18706
February 10, 2018, 04:42:48 PM
Even if we don't put Bitcoin into the arguement most of these so called ALtcoins are useless and I pity some people because they will wake up one day and see that they Altcoin stash worth close to Zero. The level of investment in Bitcoin is so big and this can't be rival by any ALtcoin projects so far

"So far". Bitcoin market dominance is at a historic low of 34%, while ethereum continues to climb upwards. With Ethereum being faster, cheaper, better tech, smart contracts, etc, it is only a matter of time before Bitcoin loses the top spot.
Activity: 210
Merit: 12
February 10, 2018, 04:42:15 PM
Bitcoin is the most popular cryptocurrency now, he is the progenitor of cryptocurrency. But bitcoin technology is obsolete. There are many promising altcoins with fast and inexpensive transactions now. Not all altcoins are useless Wink
Activity: 308
Merit: 156
February 10, 2018, 04:39:32 PM
Yeah, BTC has the most adaptation between the whole market, but... How long ago did you make a transaction with BTC and with ETH? If we compare fees there will be an obvious fact that BTC is far behind ETH in the matter of a payments cost.
Activity: 266
Merit: 101
Cryptomooniac - to the moon and beyond...
February 10, 2018, 04:37:09 PM
You are actually wrong. Bitcoin has its uses, and many altcoins have a very different use case, tackling a very different real world problems. It is like comparing smartphones with beans, you cannot say one is better than the other. They just have different purposes.
Activity: 588
Merit: 252
February 10, 2018, 04:33:59 PM
Even if we don't put Bitcoin into the arguement most of these so called ALtcoins are useless and I pity some people because they will wake up one day and see that they Altcoin stash worth close to Zero. The level of investment in Bitcoin is so big and this can't be rival by any ALtcoin projects so far
legendary
Activity: 2268
Merit: 18706
February 10, 2018, 04:28:54 PM
Is bitcoin going to be instant and free like XRB? No.

Is bitcoin going to support smart contracts like ETH and NEO? No.

Is bitcoin going to pay you for holding it like NEO, VEN, XLM? No.

Is bitcoin going to pay you exchange dividends like KCS and COSS? No.

Is bitcoin going to be completely anonymous like XMR? No.

Is bitcoin going to have the business partnerships of VEN, ICX, WTC, REG, OMG?

Lightning network will it make it a bit faster and a bit cheaper. There's a hell of a lot more to blockchain technology than being a bit faster and a bit cheaper.
Activity: 194
Merit: 12
Staker.network - POS Smart Contract ETH Token
February 10, 2018, 04:26:26 PM
don't know if BTC is making alts useless, some coins have actual real life application and are mode especially for one reason.

ok you can say that that is not a good thing. but the blockchain of btc can't be used for everything. i like the fact some development is made for real life problems. btc does not solve any real life problem except the banks
Activity: 196
Merit: 102
February 10, 2018, 04:22:25 PM
I feel the same because I have recently looked into the upgrades incoming for Bitcoin and they will resolve most of the problems it has, which is what alts try to solve. Now there may be some use case for a handful of alts but I think 95%+ will be useless after 2018 perhaps 2019. Not gonna hodl many alts after this run, if I do they will have a use case that Bitcoin 100% can't.
staff
Activity: 3500
Merit: 6152
February 10, 2018, 04:19:09 PM
We probably have multiple alts that one could consider as better version of bitcoin but as you're noticing, bitcoin is gaining more popularity and a fast growth. The price is not a measure of a coin success so what I'm referring to here is the the number of ATMs, exchanges, stores, services, and people accepting it.

So even If we have some people using alts currently because they believe they are better then bitcoin (which may be true), bitcoin is evolving and the development is super active and exciting times are coming. I honestly believe that this make alts useless (say, by the end of the year), your thoughts?
Pages:
Jump to: