Pages:
Author

Topic: Bitcoin making alts useless - page 11. (Read 1695 times)

Activity: 178
Merit: 0
March 07, 2018, 11:10:21 AM
I do not think so . Do you think how many people have the money to invest in bitcoin? alts is a good choice for beginners, and basically it promotes new ICO projects so why call it useless?
Activity: 112
March 07, 2018, 11:06:33 AM
I think what you say is wrong,
  because of the bitcoin that we can see some altcoin and this happens memnag because of the declining bitcoin so all altcoin also decreases beside that bitcoin has high potential so one day i sure will return as before.
Activity: 714
Merit: 260
March 07, 2018, 11:05:33 AM
don't know if BTC is making alts useless, some coins have actual real life application and are mode especially for one reason.

ok you can say that that is not a good thing. but the blockchain of btc can't be used for everything. i like the fact some development is made for real life problems. btc does not solve any real life problem except the banks

what do you mean that "bitcoin does not solve any real life problems but only bankings"?dont you know how many lives has been helped out by bitcoin?and dont you think it wasnt a real life problemif your talking about the service offered or the product by other coin,well they are offering now because of the presence of bitcoin
Activity: 99
March 07, 2018, 10:52:40 AM
We probably have multiple alts that one could consider as better version of bitcoin but as you're noticing, bitcoin is gaining more popularity and a fast growth. The price is not a measure of a coin success so what I'm referring to here is the the number of ATMs, exchanges, stores, services, and people accepting it.

So even If we have some people using alts currently because they believe they are better then bitcoin (which may be true), bitcoin is evolving and the development is super active and exciting times are coming. I honestly believe that this make alts useless (say, by the end of the year), your thoughts?

How would you increase your BTC size if you will not trade it with altcoins? The purpose ofcourse is to increase your Bitcoin size unless you are holding 1000 pcs of Bitcoin in your whatever wallet you are using. Bitcoin is gaining because there are new people incomng and they only know Bitcoin just like your before do you know altcoins when you started crypto?
Activity: 714
Merit: 104
March 07, 2018, 10:45:03 AM
maybe it can vice versa, altcoins making bitcoin useless.
alts have more features
legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 1041
March 07, 2018, 10:32:19 AM
It can not be said that altcoins are useless. They strongly depend on bitcoin, but each altcoin has its own specific development, unlike bitcoin))
Is that not what then makes them useless. It simply means you cannot even rely on the sustainability of any alt without considering the movement of bitcoin in every way. It seems the market is generally centered on bitcoin and the altcoins are just more like distractions to make more money.

Check to see alts increase hugely now, and then you will see the rate they get dumped if there is a bear market or a huge bull market. However, it seems that is the trend, so one way or the other, I hope those with products may be able to do well on their own in the long run.
Activity: 560
Merit: 13
March 06, 2018, 12:20:59 PM
Nope, Bitcoin always drive the Alta when it goes up and reach to the moon, it never lets the Alta to be in same place or make it useless. Alta depends on their own potential and growth as well and it needs to show its full potential when bitcoin rises up and up. Alta are always the babies of bitcoin.
Activity: 126
Merit: 11
March 06, 2018, 12:13:12 PM
Bitcoin can not have other features of altcoin. Because bitcoin has been used for a long time. when new cryptop forms. So pricing is dependent on bitcoin. I believe in the future. Some altcoins will develop over bitcoin. wait for it
Activity: 140
March 06, 2018, 05:25:53 AM
You are actually wrong. Bitcoin has its uses, and many altcoins have a very different use case, tackling a very different real world problems. It is like comparing smartphones with beans, you cannot say one is better than the other. They just have different purposes.

I agree. Even if their is seemingly a lot of coins in the market, and it reached a point that it has become confusing now on where to invest. I think that each of them supports a different technology and is used for their own specific purposes apart from their similarities. I think many view altcoins that way because, compared to Bitcoin, its values remain low and some of them are not even rising significantly. However, it's just how the market works, not every asset will see the sun, and so, some of them would just keep its value at bay, while some of them, like Ethereum, would rise up. It gives Bitcoin competition, and during the times when the it is going down, these altcoins would be the key to holding and keeping the market moving forward.
Activity: 126
March 06, 2018, 05:19:13 AM
Yeah, BTC has the most adaptation between the whole market, but... How long ago did you make a transaction with BTC and with ETH? If we compare fees there will be an obvious fact that BTC is far behind ETH in the matter of a payments cost.

Yes I agree, totally. Eth representing alts based on the argument of OP, is giving us an opportunity to understand that alts, especially Eth, is slowly gaining its footing against bitcoin. This is a testament of the potential of alts despite wide adoption of bicoin.
Activity: 81
March 06, 2018, 05:14:39 AM
We probably have multiple alts that one could consider as better version of bitcoin but as you're noticing, bitcoin is gaining more popularity and a fast growth. The price is not a measure of a coin success so what I'm referring to here is the the number of ATMs, exchanges, stores, services, and people accepting it.

So even If we have some people using alts currently because they believe they are better then bitcoin (which may be true), bitcoin is evolving and the development is super active and exciting times are coming. I honestly believe that this make alts useless (say, by the end of the year), your thoughts?

If we put it that way, then alts are becoming not applicable in the exchanges or stores and people that accept it as payment.
But I believe businesses and other exchange centers may come to realize that bitcoin is not the only crypto that exist, that there are other succesful cryptos out there. What I'm saying is promotion is the best key or remedy for this for them to recognize the worth of alts.
Activity: 812
Merit: 253
March 06, 2018, 05:10:23 AM
True, although the alts are helping bitcoins growth. And I agree with what the OP is saying, while bitcoin is evolving every year some altcoins are not that progressive as bitcoin but still use these alts the same way we use bitcoin. It is just that because of bitcoins popularity, altcoins tend to be treated as useless because people will most likely sell their altcoins to bitcoin.
legendary
Activity: 1442
Merit: 1025
March 06, 2018, 05:04:21 AM
I don't know why more people don't think about altcois for storage of value as well. There is Ethereum for example. The technology is superior to Bitcoin. It's like highspeed internet vs. dial-up.
Like they always say, when you are in Roman, you behave like a roman and as long as people are still seeing altcoins as a quick way to just make bucks, it would keep ending up that way. Not like some of them are not doing well, and some have grown over the years, so it is all about having patience on your holding, but no one can expect a coin to pump overnight and expect to see it keep growing. If the growth is not organic, then do not expect much. Moreover, bitcoin too had its own share, but that notwithstanding, it is obvious they are just in the shadow of bitcoin.
Activity: 94
March 05, 2018, 06:50:04 AM

I think you have a point in this but we can't really blame BTC as it has been the first to be in crypto currency. Having alts on the contrary will make BTC have a little competition in the market so that it can improve its services. I think in the future there will be alts versus alts which is also happening nowadays.
legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1277
March 05, 2018, 06:45:32 AM

I agree that bitcoin is doing well, and when LN arrives properly it will solve a lot of existing problems. Certainly many alts will become irrevelant, and many are irrelevant already.
However I don't think bitcoin makes all alts useless. Many of them have specific uses that are separate from the coin/token itself. For example even if bitcoin is lightning quick with low transaction fees, it doesn't offer smart contracts, and it doesn't offer complete anonymity, it won't be the best option for integration with IoT, etc.
Activity: 168
Merit: 10
March 05, 2018, 06:40:29 AM
There are a lot of helpful and meaningful altcoins so your Thread-Title is not that right. The diversity of the altcoins is extremly high.

Indeed, even with the altcoins today, they are valued without Bitcoin's pairing. Like Ripple, NEO and LiteCoin and other top altcoins.
Soon, there would be less market droppings because when Bitcoin dropped it will no longer drag down altcoins to it's price adjustments.

Yes. Bitcoin is really taking the cake when it comes to attention. But there are so much good projects together with altcoins out there. Unlike bitcoin, altcoin comes with diversity. This what makes alt so good for us. There's a bunch of investors and a bunch of new fresh developments are coming through. It's just that most of them are getting dragged down by bitcoin during price dips but I don't think it will last because some alts are becoming better and better with their platform, system and other developments that are being done.
Activity: 266
Merit: 10
✹✹ Fluxorin.io ✹✹
March 05, 2018, 06:38:41 AM
This story is far from new, in fact the market believes that Bitcoin should cost more and buy it in the hope of stable growth in x2 or x3. In the case of other coins, the risks are higher, and people are not willing to enter into them.  Cool
copper member
Activity: 462
Merit: 100
March 05, 2018, 06:34:57 AM
I believe altcoin is very useful, because altcoin is a source of revenues for crypto industry movement and will affect the price of bitcoin itself. So with altcoin it can make bitcoin prices change rapidly.
In my opinion, both bitcoin and altcoins have their own market and there is no way that bitcoin is making altcoins useless or vice versa. Both are being used for entirely different purpose and the ones who are investing in bitcoin have their own reasons to invest which are far different from the ones who have invested their money into altcoin. Bitcoin has nothing to do with the market of altcoin in any way.
If we have some people who use alts today because they believe that they’re better than bitcoin
I think some altcoins can be the same or like btc but they are different in popularity and when seen the price is not the size of the coin successful
Activity: 532
Merit: 101
March 05, 2018, 06:09:51 AM
I believe altcoin is very useful, because altcoin is a source of revenues for crypto industry movement and will affect the price of bitcoin itself. So with altcoin it can make bitcoin prices change rapidly.
In my opinion, both bitcoin and altcoins have their own market and there is no way that bitcoin is making altcoins useless or vice versa. Both are being used for entirely different purpose and the ones who are investing in bitcoin have their own reasons to invest which are far different from the ones who have invested their money into altcoin. Bitcoin has nothing to do with the market of altcoin in any way.
Activity: 168
March 05, 2018, 05:53:13 AM
What about the other way around? Won't new altcoins which are faster and perhaps an overall better coin (in tech, etc.) make bitcoin less important? One of the bigger things bitcoin has running for it is its hype and popularity. The altcoins are just smaller and less popular.
Pages:
Jump to: