Pages:
Author

Topic: Bitcoin making alts useless - page 10. (Read 1627 times)

Activity: 980
Merit: 255
March 14, 2018, 10:27:18 AM
I think atls making bitcoin useless. Not today, because there are some big holders of bitcoins and they intresting for high price of bitcoin while they have it. when they will convert most of own btc to fiat bitcoin will die i guess.
And who is going to do that? Most long term holders of bitcoin do no have plans to cash out all their bitcoins they may cash out some to enjoy the benefits of being a whale but most people what they want is to wait for the day they can use their bitcoin directly without having to sell their bitcoin and if that happens the price of bitcoin will go up that will give the persons an incentive to use their coins directly, one of the reasons alts are so successful is because there is not much to do with your bitcoin and many decide to try their chances with alts once that no longer is the case the alt market could go down.
Activity: 448
Merit: 10
Join FlipNpik Telegram : t.me/flipnpikico
March 13, 2018, 05:34:08 PM
I think atls making bitcoin useless. Not today, because there are some big holders of bitcoins and they intresting for high price of bitcoin while they have it. when they will convert most of own btc to fiat bitcoin will die i guess.
Activity: 308
Merit: 100
March 13, 2018, 05:27:50 PM
We probably have multiple alts that one could consider as better version of bitcoin but as you're noticing, bitcoin is gaining more popularity and a fast growth. The price is not a measure of a coin success so what I'm referring to here is the the number of ATMs, exchanges, stores, services, and people accepting it.

So even If we have some people using alts currently because they believe they are better then bitcoin (which may be true), bitcoin is evolving and the development is super active and exciting times are coming. I honestly believe that this make alts useless (say, by the end of the year), your thoughts?
Altcoins is very important,in the world of cryptocurrency,and because of so many alternative coins,we become profitable in every campaign that  we joined,because there is a competition in the exchange market when the alternative coins is coming as a part in the digital currency system. Actually altcoins is the big competitor of bitcoin in the market thats why mostly investor want to gain more alternative coins rather than in bitcoin,because its less to buy,and sell it high.
Altcoins already make a worthy competition bitcoin, in the future it will be even better. Yes, now among the altcoins there is a real natural selection, many projects will disappear and open the way to more promising projects. This will make the industry healthier.
Activity: 392
Merit: 11
The New Pharma-Centric Marketplace
March 13, 2018, 09:24:25 AM
We probably have multiple alts that one could consider as better version of bitcoin but as you're noticing, bitcoin is gaining more popularity and a fast growth. The price is not a measure of a coin success so what I'm referring to here is the the number of ATMs, exchanges, stores, services, and people accepting it.

So even If we have some people using alts currently because they believe they are better then bitcoin (which may be true), bitcoin is evolving and the development is super active and exciting times are coming. I honestly believe that this make alts useless (say, by the end of the year), your thoughts?
Altcoins is very important,in the world of cryptocurrency,and because of so many alternative coins,we become profitable in every campaign that  we joined,because there is a competition in the exchange market when the alternative coins is coming as a part in the digital currency system. Actually altcoins is the big competitor of bitcoin in the market thats why mostly investor want to gain more alternative coins rather than in bitcoin,because its less to buy,and sell it high.
Activity: 280
March 11, 2018, 02:03:30 PM

I think differently, I think altcoin will make Bitcoin useless in the future. Today, a number of altcoin was born, gaining a large market share in the digital currency market. The investors they are gradually turning over to holding other altcoins are not Bitcoin. I think future BTC prices will continue to fall. Because BTC is very competitive compared to other altcoin.
If we compare the indicator of market capitalization, the ethereum capitalization is only half that of bitcoin. I think this is a good indicator. I think in the future altcoins will gradually catch up bitcoin in terms of market capitalization because ethereum and other coins offer more advanced technologies than bitcoin.
Activity: 132
Merit: 1
March 09, 2018, 02:39:31 AM

I think it all the way around altcoin making btc useless.
Activity: 382
Live cams shows pimped with cryptocurrency on Sexy
March 09, 2018, 02:34:27 AM
maybe it can vice versa, altcoins making bitcoin useless.
alts have more features
We all know this thing that both bitcoin and altcoins have got some very good feature and that it is useless to make a comparison in between either of them as they are entirely different form one another and none of them has anything to do with other coin. Altcoins are far better than that of bitcoin when you talk about day trading and bitcoins are the best at time you talk about long term investment of money.
Activity: 350
March 08, 2018, 05:52:26 PM

I think differently, I think altcoin will make Bitcoin useless in the future. Today, a number of altcoin was born, gaining a large market share in the digital currency market. The investors they are gradually turning over to holding other altcoins are not Bitcoin. I think future BTC prices will continue to fall. Because BTC is very competitive compared to other altcoin.
Activity: 504
Merit: 250
March 08, 2018, 05:29:38 PM
Bitcoin is not making the alts useless.. It is just hard for the altcoins to grab more attention than Bitcoin.. The most guys are selling their coins at bitcoin dips because they are scared of loosing all their money.
Activity: 980
Merit: 255
March 08, 2018, 05:27:27 PM
As long as the alts are tied with the price of Bitcoin they are going to get man handled by Bitcoin. There needs for the flippening to happen and it needs to happen fast.
Nothing needs to happen, things will happen because that is what the market decides to do, most altcoins are dependent on bitcoin because they are nothing without bitcoin, altcoins that have a strong team of developers and a good community move independently from bitcoin, they still follow it somewhat sometimes but that is because bitcoin is still by far the most used crypto so if they want to change that they need to get a bigger user base besides this will change in the future when more people begin to use other cryptocurrencies for their needs.
Activity: 1372
Merit: 564
March 07, 2018, 02:35:37 PM
Is bitcoin going to be instant and free like XRB? No.

Is bitcoin going to support smart contracts like ETH and NEO? No.

Is bitcoin going to pay you for holding it like NEO, VEN, XLM? No.

Is bitcoin going to pay you exchange dividends like KCS and COSS? No.

Is bitcoin going to be completely anonymous like XMR? No.

Is bitcoin going to have the business partnerships of VEN, ICX, WTC, REG, OMG?

Lightning network will it make it a bit faster and a bit cheaper. There's a hell of a lot more to blockchain technology than being a bit faster and a bit cheaper.

what a great answer, this is the kind of quality posts i expect to see in this forum, thanks for taking the time
For no bitcoin never making altcoin useless because frankly bitcoin gives more opportunities to all altcoin like in there differences in value and price, since there's a lot of user of crypto are cannot afford to buy bitcoin, altcoin are develop but in a cheaper in price. Also many people are choose altcoin because even its cheaper but it is profitable, besides altcoin right now are become popular because of the other one that rises so high its value, so because of that it affect the to altcoin to become in demand.
Activity: 392
Merit: 105
March 07, 2018, 02:35:04 PM
It's true that Bitcoin is considered a mother of cryptos but it won't be a reason for alts being useless. In fact, altcoins are even better in term of technologies.
As an example, there is an Airdrop I'm taking part in for "DeepOnion coins", will soon get the mobile wallet and stealth address released soon.
Does Bitcoin offer one of them? I guess no ...
Activity: 47
Merit: 1
March 07, 2018, 02:26:23 PM
Is bitcoin going to be instant and free like XRB? No.

Is bitcoin going to support smart contracts like ETH and NEO? No.

Is bitcoin going to pay you for holding it like NEO, VEN, XLM? No.

Is bitcoin going to pay you exchange dividends like KCS and COSS? No.

Is bitcoin going to be completely anonymous like XMR? No.

Is bitcoin going to have the business partnerships of VEN, ICX, WTC, REG, OMG?

Lightning network will it make it a bit faster and a bit cheaper. There's a hell of a lot more to blockchain technology than being a bit faster and a bit cheaper.

what a great answer, this is the kind of quality posts i expect to see in this forum, thanks for taking the time
Activity: 178
Merit: 0
March 07, 2018, 02:20:39 PM
Even bitcoin makes the alts useless, still bitcoin needs the alts. Bitcoin is not alone in the battle. There are alts that support the strength and domain of bitcointo altcoins. I do believe that alts will help bitcoin more popularity in everyday.
Activity: 58
Merit: 4
March 07, 2018, 02:11:33 PM
Will bitcoin die is a different question than will bitcoin stay on top. Certainly, it has the strongest current community and the "its theirs to lose" ground in the market. But, it needs to keep up with innovation and demands. Being lazy, or too rigid in their design to innovate is the biggest danger. Just think about these few examples for precedence:

• Myspace had the same ground before Facebook stole it.
  • Blockbuster video had the same spot before Netflix innovated themselves ahead of them.
  • Barnes & Noble sat on top before Amazon blew past them.

BTC needs to continue to innovate and show trusted leader advantage. Otherwise there is plenty of room for something like Cardano or Litecoin (and many others) to come in and show their on top. Also, if a big country like China comes out with a currency that is backed by banks and fiat, its game over for any of these options as the free flow for money and spending will trump technological advantages.
Activity: 406
Merit: 251
March 07, 2018, 01:55:35 PM

Short term, Bitcoin will remain the most poplular Crypto, but over the course of the next 5-10 years, I see the market becoming very fragmented for the most part. THere will be many micro-marktets with their own currencies and any coin that can serve as a bridege between currencies should explode as the "Toll-Collector" currency

Check out Ark....

Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Cool Cool
Activity: 1316
Merit: 108
March 07, 2018, 01:50:52 PM
The presence of bitcoin does not render useless altoquin. Bitcoin and the main mass of altcoyins have completely different tasks. Bitcoin is a universal coin and is not able to perform those specific tasks that the tokens created during ICO perform.
legendary
Activity: 1288
Merit: 1036
March 07, 2018, 01:15:30 PM
I'm sure that altcoins are very useful. They give us an excellent opportunity to earn. Some alto coins are much better than bitcoin technologically.
Well, when it comes to earning, we would not say they have not been very useful, but I would also say they have really been too reliant on bitcoin and with the fact that they respond to every movement of bitcoin and that makes it crazy, with the fact that they cannot stand on their own against fiat or otherwise makes holding them sometime useless and which is why the trend of them being pumped and dumped has become so rampant.

Yes, it is the way things are, so we have to live with it, understand it and use it to our advantage. Because the biggest concern is that bitcoin is highly established and most investors would rather prefer holding an established coin than a coin that obviously is just good enough for now for the profit. I really do not know why the market is like this for now, as every movement of alts are centered on bitcoin, but the thing is that as far as they make some of the long term holders some extra cash, no shit.

Over time, I believe those with products will stay relevant and we will be able to see some sustenance in their value while those who are basically useless will end up dead.
Activity: 154
March 07, 2018, 11:39:09 AM
maybe it can vice versa, altcoins making bitcoin useless.
alts have more features

Bitcoin and any other altcoins are really different, it's no point in comparing them. Bitcoin suits for long-term investments only when the altcoins are suitable for daily trades and paying for something.
Activity: 59
Merit: 0
March 07, 2018, 11:14:29 AM

Are you sure Bitcoin making alts useless and bitcoin has a development? Didn't you notice that fundamentally speaking ETH and NEO was really good than Bitcoin that's why there are a lots of ICOs out there are partnering with both of them because their technology are really good and their smart contracts. Well all of us have a different way of thinking.
Pages:
Jump to: