Pages:
Author

Topic: Bitcoin making alts useless - page 12. (Read 1695 times)

Activity: 238
Merit: 100
March 05, 2018, 05:43:34 AM
Bitcoin can not do all the altcoins useless, too many new and useful bring many altkoins, the market of altcoyins is very young and is actively developing, you are burying it early.
Activity: 519
Merit: 250
March 05, 2018, 05:28:49 AM
There are a lot of helpful and meaningful altcoins so your Thread-Title is not that right. The diversity of the altcoins is extremly high.

Indeed, even with the altcoins today, they are valued without Bitcoin's pairing. Like Ripple, NEO and LiteCoin and other top altcoins.
Soon, there would be less market droppings because when Bitcoin dropped it will no longer drag down altcoins to it's price adjustments.
Activity: 248
Merit: 1
March 05, 2018, 05:26:50 AM
We probably have multiple alts that one could consider as better version of bitcoin but as you're noticing, bitcoin is gaining more popularity and a fast growth. The price is not a measure of a coin success so what I'm referring to here is the the number of ATMs, exchanges, stores, services, and people accepting it.

So even If we have some people using alts currently because they believe they are better then bitcoin (which may be true), bitcoin is evolving and the development is super active and exciting times are coming. I honestly believe that this make alts useless (say, by the end of the year), your thoughts?

not at all. Not all altcoins are competitors to bitcoin, majority of them are just trying to be helpful somewhere else, mainly for ICO money raising purposes these days.
Activity: 519
Merit: 250
March 05, 2018, 05:21:23 AM
I think it depends on an Altcoin project because there are some altcoins that is not related with Bitcoin and the market will decide what would be the price value of that coins.
There are more altcoins that is focusing on environment like WePower and Envion that would likely bring the best project in the future.
Soon and very soon Bitcoin will no longer paired into altcoins but also dollar or euro as well.
Activity: 150
Merit: 0
March 05, 2018, 05:20:57 AM
Actually I begin to see it this way especially in recent weeks, Bitcoin price seems to be surging, I think still maintaining some equilibrium, while so many alt coins with ETH inclusive not getting anywhere near. I do believe, that Btc price should be a steeping stone for them all, but I have come to  realise that despite it seeming like that, every of these coins is the architect of either their misfortunes or fortunes
Activity: 147
Merit: 21
March 05, 2018, 05:09:11 AM
There are a lot of helpful and meaningful altcoins so your Thread-Title is not that right. The diversity of the altcoins is extremly high.
Activity: 504
Merit: 5
March 05, 2018, 05:07:32 AM
I disagree with that Bitcoin is not making Altcoins uses. All coins has their usefulness same as that bitcoin. To me the difference between Bitcoin coin and every other coin is the popularity and the achievement they have made before the arrivals of those other coin and I believe with time there will be competition Ethereum is already on the way.
Activity: 224
Merit: 10
March 05, 2018, 05:01:36 AM
BTC is not evolving. It becomes more expensive due to the fact that it's getting smaller and more difficult to mine. There are some alts that have financial meaning - ETH, LTC, DASH. Especially ETH although in itself it does not refer to digital money like LTC. If we are talking about evolution alts are constantly evolving. As money and as part of technology.
Activity: 84
March 05, 2018, 04:23:22 AM
I completely agree with you. A lot of coins will be made completely useless with time, because they will eventually lose the edge they have over bitcoin.
Activity: 154
Merit: 1
March 03, 2018, 03:09:09 PM
We probably have multiple alts that one could consider as better version of bitcoin but as you're noticing, bitcoin is gaining more popularity and a fast growth. The price is not a measure of a coin success so what I'm referring to here is the the number of ATMs, exchanges, stores, services, and people accepting it.

So even If we have some people using alts currently because they believe they are better then bitcoin (which may be true), bitcoin is evolving and the development is super active and exciting times are coming. I honestly believe that this make alts useless (say, by the end of the year), your thoughts?

This seems very extreme to me.  I mean if Bitcoin can keep the Transaction fees down and keep up super high TPS that are on par with newer coins that are directly trying to replace it sure those coins would become worthless imo.  So many other alts that are doing something different like setting up platforms for countless ideas many many many have very real world applications and will have a huge impact.
Activity: 149
March 03, 2018, 02:23:21 PM
I think some altcoins can be similar or like btc but they are different in popularity and i'm sure that btc is more popular because it's already better in many ways like mode of payments and a bank with own private keys.
Activity: 409
Merit: 103
March 03, 2018, 02:10:05 PM
I agree with bitcoin's improvement for the past months it is really active, but we cant say that bitcoin makes alts useless, because there are some alts that has a perks if you're holding their token, plus we can't just hold a single type of crypto because there will be always misshape that may happen what if eventually bitcoin dies? You dont have extra assets in your wallet since you go all-in in a single coin, that's why investing into many kinds of coins/token is not a bad thing too.
Activity: 420
Merit: 100
Monetizing Mobile Engagement Data
March 03, 2018, 02:05:18 PM
I'm sure that altcoins are very useful. They give us an excellent opportunity to earn. Some alto coins are much better than bitcoin technologically.
Activity: 308
March 03, 2018, 02:01:44 PM
It can not be said that altcoins are useless. They strongly depend on bitcoin, but each altcoin has its own specific development, unlike bitcoin))
Activity: 221
Merit: 101
March 03, 2018, 01:59:20 PM
As long as the alts are tied with the price of Bitcoin they are going to get man handled by Bitcoin. There needs for the flippening to happen and it needs to happen fast.
Activity: 49
March 03, 2018, 11:37:49 AM
bitcoin wont make alt coins useless. there are so many other applications that alt coins can be used for. DGPT is one of them. it will solve the problem of inheritance of crypto assets if someone dies.
Activity: 252
March 03, 2018, 10:10:56 AM
I believe altcoin is very useful, because altcoin is a source of revenues for crypto industry movement and will affect the price of bitcoin itself. So with altcoin it can make bitcoin prices change rapidly.
Activity: 126
DOGE:DDvXm3ZkXSFeZF9YVaTWGNyBZzfwVf8nnh
March 03, 2018, 09:10:28 AM

The requirement/dependency on mining will meant that Bitcoin will never be technologically sustainable (both scalabity and environmentally) into the long-term as its user-base grows; and acquiring consensus for BTC to move to non-mining or lesser-dependency on mining into the future will be difficult. This is perhaps the reason as to why people are hyping on infinitely scalable and zero transaction fee coins such as NANO.

Furthermore, selected altcoins (save for its own forks) will be here to stay, since Bitcoin is a technologically simple and basic coin that do not have the features that the second-generation and the coming third-generation coins has (including smart contracts, and so on).
Activity: 980
Merit: 255
March 02, 2018, 11:10:38 AM
I absolutely disagree with the statement that if there is bitcoin, then altcoyins are useless. Such a statement is unambiguously incorrect. Bitcoin is a universal coin that can not perform a variety of functions in different areas of our lives and perform the work that various altcoys are doing. Bitcoin now can not even cope fully with its small and few functions. The main role for man even now is not done by bitcoin, but altcoyins. Therefore, their diversity needs to be increased in the future, and the ICO should be supported unequivocally despite some shortcomings and risks for investors.
No, altcoins still have some uses but the point of the OP is that the new developments of bitcoin will give it even more characteristics and use cases that will allow bitcoin to perform even more functions, think for example of atomic swaps, this will allow us to exchange our coins without the need for an exchange, this will not completely replace exchanges or decentralized exchanges but it will be a major blow to them, as you can see the developers are working hard to expand the functions of bitcoin and this can only spell doom for altcoins.
Activity: 840
Merit: 128
February 26, 2018, 01:36:10 AM
Bitcoin is the first crypto ever created and this is the reason that makes it popular. It is the first thing people think when they hear about digital currency.
When I found out this forum, I didn't know there were other digital coins too. It was also the first coin I have ever bought.
I believe more or less this pattern of behaviour, like mine, is the most common among people.
I don't believe there are useless alts unless those created for profit. or the decentralized ones that we all know (more or less) who they are.
Pages:
Jump to: