Pages:
Author

Topic: Bitcoin making alts useless - page 9. (Read 1628 times)

Activity: 168
Merit: 0
March 17, 2018, 09:28:52 AM
But btc and alts have two drastically different purposes. With btc being way more expensive for one, so I wouldn't say that btc makes alts useless. It all depends on your requirements and what you're looking for.
Activity: 136
Merit: 10
March 17, 2018, 09:27:17 AM
I think this is true but it probably will not last long as this will add value to all altcoin.
Activity: 336
“Crypto Depository Receipts”
March 17, 2018, 09:19:14 AM
We probably have multiple alts that one could consider as better version of bitcoin but as you're noticing, bitcoin is gaining more popularity and a fast growth. The price is not a measure of a coin success so what I'm referring to here is the the number of ATMs, exchanges, stores, services, and people accepting it.

So even If we have some people using alts currently because they believe they are better then bitcoin (which may be true), bitcoin is evolving and the development is super active and exciting times are coming. I honestly believe that this make alts useless (say, by the end of the year), your thoughts?

Very true, lets accept the fact that even how many or how much altcoins that we keep but in the end it will be traded to Bitcoin to earn more fiat and that making Bitcoin price to become more strong in which in opposite altcoins will become useless after all. If the exchanges will accept altcoins to fiat directly then that will be the time that Bitcoin will slowly will top by the Altcoins.
Activity: 2744
Merit: 541
Campaign Management?"Hhampuz" is the Man
March 17, 2018, 09:06:40 AM
Yes sure, people buying alts mainly just speculating to get more btc obviously. But i think there's still a room for alts to growing, like any cool system that's bitcoin not had like decred, dash etc.
Ha ha, bitcoin is not a great technology, it is symply the first cryptocurrency. There are a lot of much more advanced crypto like Ether, Waves and so on.
really?bitcoin is not a great technology?if i know,when youre new here in crypto,you use to crave to have bitcoin lol,and now that you grownup here,ethereum and waves makes you flattering?what an attitude,,bitcoin will be on top for long and will kill many altcoins soon
Activity: 294
March 17, 2018, 09:04:32 AM
That's not true. Each coin contained a different function. Same as Iphone vs Samsung. Bitcoin better for you but for others the coins is more convenient.
Activity: 365
March 17, 2018, 09:03:16 AM
Yes bitcoin has gained a lot of popularity over time because it has long been in existence as compare to other altcoin but that does  not mean it has made alt useless. The existence of alt made bitcoin face competition and bitcoin will try by all means to remain relevant than other. Alt made bitcoin better.
Activity: 187
Merit: 0
March 17, 2018, 09:01:46 AM
We probably have multiple alts that one could consider as better version of bitcoin but as you're noticing, bitcoin is gaining more popularity and a fast growth. The price is not a measure of a coin success so what I'm referring to here is the the number of ATMs, exchanges, stores, services, and people accepting it.

So even If we have some people using alts currently because they believe they are better then bitcoin (which may be true), bitcoin is evolving and the development is super active and exciting times are coming. I honestly believe that this make alts useless (say, by the end of the year), your thoughts?

You have a good thoughts about what you say but every coin have their uses not by their value but for what their purposes. Alts become useless because only bitcoin is the one coin that become popular but without altcoins there is no trading and without trading we have no other ways to earn bitcoin only by mining and investing by the used of real money.
Activity: 182
PRESALE BEGINS UP TO 45% DISCOUNT
March 17, 2018, 09:00:35 AM
Well, I think alts are filling gaps now and that BTC is going to be like the crypto-gold, so no, it's not making alts useless.

Altcoins aren't that useless because most of them have respective projects like the best Altcoin that I am holding right now.
Oyster Pearl PRL is the payment for anonymous storage in the tangle that users could upload and keep their files in the tangle safe and secure and no one could read their files except the owner because files are being chunked before they are being distributed in the multiple parts of the tangle.
March 17, 2018, 08:56:54 AM
Yes sure, people buying alts mainly just speculating to get more btc obviously. But i think there's still a room for alts to growing, like any cool system that's bitcoin not had like decred, dash etc.
Ha ha, bitcoin is not a great technology, it is symply the first cryptocurrency. There are a lot of much more advanced crypto like Ether, Waves and so on.

Bitcoin isn't the most important and the strongest Crypto in the market today.
Instead Ethereum, NEO, LiteCoin and other top altcoins are far way better than Bitcoin especially in terms of transaction speed.
Bitcoin is just the first of its kind but it does not mean it would always be the only Crypto that could lead the crypto market.
Activity: 129
Merit: 8
dApps Development Automation Platform
March 17, 2018, 08:56:05 AM
Well, I think alts are filling gaps now and that BTC is going to be like the crypto-gold, so no, it's not making alts useless.
March 17, 2018, 08:54:05 AM
I don't believe the statement because altcoins have their own market strategy on their marketing.
When Bitcoin drops, almost every altcoins are dropping as well but that doesn't mean that altcoins will become useless, it is just altcoins price value are being paired with Bitcoin, Ethereum or NEO but time will come that it will soon paired with other top altcoins so when that time comes, Bitcoin will no longer affect Altcoin price values to drop when Bitcoin drops.
Activity: 924
Merit: 220
March 17, 2018, 08:49:32 AM
Maybe but for me altcoin are more important in promoting bitcoin. Thus, are the uses of altcoin. It will promote bitcoin indirectly. This will help bitcoin price movement since buying altcoins are sometimes also getting a way to buying bitcoin and trade with altcoin. And also most of the ICO are successful. They are already in the market and ready to be purchased. And those ICO also are having some good time wherein investors used to invest small amount and in return they make a lot profit in the near future. And those altcoins also came to a good project that are implemented and being realized. That is why if you wish tonm invest in an ICO make sure that its concept is good and formidable. Check also if the community has supported it. Just like YAYPROTO ICO project which promote decentralized money transfer. If you are an business doing business transactions online then you can have this project to be partnof your business in transactions. Since it is decentralized so i guess there would be low transaction fee. Indeed a good project. If you wish to learn more about the project visit the websitr with the link provided:

YayProto
https://ico.yayfon.com
Activity: 322
The Premier Digital Asset Management Ecosystem
March 17, 2018, 08:39:37 AM
I thought differently, because the altcoin was born so much, they made Bitcoin useless. In the future, altcoin will grow stronger than Bitcoin, ETH, DASH, RIPPLE, LITECOIN ... etc. These potential coins will overtake BTC in the next few years, they will make the BTC become invalid on the market.
Activity: 602
Merit: 105
March 17, 2018, 08:36:06 AM
Activity: 1079
Merit: 352
March 17, 2018, 08:28:29 AM
Activity: 1134
Merit: 515
March 17, 2018, 08:25:30 AM

I think differently, I think altcoin will make Bitcoin useless in the future. Today, a number of altcoin was born, gaining a large market share in the digital currency market. The investors they are gradually turning over to holding other altcoins are not Bitcoin. I think future BTC prices will continue to fall. Because BTC is very competitive compared to other altcoin.
I normally call this stories that touch the heart. It is impossible and it would take a whole lot for any altcoin to be able to beat that.

Altcoins, at least some will always have their place but bitcoin is already so established to the point that an altcoin will really just displace it easily without coming up with something that bitcoin cannot easily come up with and integrate into its own protocol.
Activity: 1036
Merit: 500
March 17, 2018, 07:27:47 AM

I think it all the way around altcoin making btc useless.
well, anyhow anyone wants to see it, the thing is that we cannot change one fact and that is one thing that no altcoin has been used in a large scale as much as bitcoin, so in one word, the devil you know is far better than the angel you do not know.

We may think some alts are fast, but how many transactions go through them in a day, also, we have to remember that in terms of trust in investment, bitcoin will still always gain ground which is why it is so easy for bitcoin to pull down the whole market with it.
Activity: 423
Merit: 250
March 17, 2018, 07:13:10 AM
Bitcoin is not making the alts useless.. It is just hard for the altcoins to grab more attention than Bitcoin.. The most guys are selling their coins at bitcoin dips because they are scared of loosing all their money.
And that still makes them useless all the same. Grin The thing is that it will always be hard and it is not like they are not gaining any attention, but we all already know how the market has always been like considering that bitcoin have a huge effect generally on the market. Anyone selling coins now at dips are really not helping their own situations because they will end up losing badly anyway.
Activity: 308
Merit: 100
Presale is live!
March 15, 2018, 05:18:50 AM
No, Every alt has a market they are targeting and Bitcoin isn't big or good enough that it can handle all the markets by itself. Just cause theres Windows doesn't means that Linux shouldn't exist. They both serve their respective markets.
legendary
Activity: 3542
Merit: 1162
www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games
March 15, 2018, 04:51:44 AM

Altcoins is very important,in the world of cryptocurrency,and because of so many alternative coins,we become profitable in every campaign that  we joined,because there is a competition in the exchange market when the alternative coins is coming as a part in the digital currency system. Actually altcoins is the big competitor of bitcoin in the market thats why mostly investor want to gain more alternative coins rather than in bitcoin,because its less to buy,and sell it high.
Altcoins will always be important and definitely will have a place in the cryptocurrency ecosystem as they serve their own functions in their separate ways and based on the project of each alt and the solution they provide, that is what would make them stay relevant even in the long run.

For now, it is going to be hard to even get to surface into limelight considering the dominance of the boss itself, but things will change. However, this is not a competition, and in the long run, either alts or the legacy coin; they will all be doing fine as long as they keep serving a purpose and solving problems which render shitcoins useless at the end.
Pages:
Jump to: