Pages:
Author

Topic: Bitcoin may not be number one for long - page 6. (Read 28295 times)

Activity: 72
Merit: 0
No it won't happen till 2019 as people are trusting bitcoin more than ethereum and we can clearly see
Activity: 646
Merit: 252
There are now over 1500 coins and tokens listed on coinmarketcap, and bitcoin being number # 1 with marketcap more than 45%, then both ethereum with marketcap 22%, and so on, there is no guarantee that bitcoin is forever # 1 and if it happens then we must be ready.
Activity: 378
Merit: 11
Bitcoin is going to sit atop as number one for a long time to come as most of the other cryptos are simply in a shadow of bitcoin. It is going to take more than just cheap talk to unseat the bitcoin as king in the community.
Activity: 56
It can't scale, it's too slow to be a currency even when the blockchain isn't congested, too factional. Segway isn't even a long term solution and asic mining means centralization. Bitcoin doesn't do what it was intended to do after 9 years, imagine what problems there will be in 9 more? I'd like to see an asic proof coin become top.Even bitcoin has a more competence like altcoins. It still be the best coin in this forum because of it power. Bitcoin has a unique characteristics from the other. We are not sure if its remain for long but if the problem in transaction fees will not be solved then maybe it will.

Activity: 602
Merit: 100
DeFixy.com - The future of Decentralization
Yes with a lot of news offended about bitcoin we should as soon as possible find another alternative to continue to generate income because there are still many altcoin capable of relying on traders in the next few years to be a means their economy.
Activity: 699
Merit: 438
I don’t think so, the company of bitcoin will be number one always because they have huge amount of demands in the market so it is impossible to them to be beaten by other companies.
Activity: 56
 I don't even hold ethereum, it's not my beloved. I prefer Dash, though the ASIC mining turns me off. I think library will be the next big thing and zec privacy and Nvidia mining will keep it strong. Bitcoin will always remain Bitcoin: the first, the original, the best. Ethereum will remain Ethereum, it will never replace Bitcoin.

Activity: 574
Merit: 250
The value of bitcoin, its potential and volatility and the fact that it all started the game is what is making it to take the lead so it will continue to lead.
Activity: 104
As time goes by the crypto currency always comes and goes, but bitcoin still stays here and continues to keep its popularity. Bitcoin is very difficult to pass, but maybe it could happen, but I think another cryptocurrency takes a lot of time to be able to go beyond bitcoin
Activity: 316
Merit: 100
It's normal for Bitcoin to have a number in the block chain crypt currency. And it is difficult to overcome Bitcoin for its foundation built throughout its work. Bitcoin traders, processors and workers who trust Bitcoin will not allow it to fall for what Bitcoin has built, but they will be able to do so.
Activity: 98
Merit: 1
It is possible that bitcoin will go down its throne after some years but it will take longer for another coin to surpass bitcoin. Eth then will take over the lead but that won't be for us to decide. Maybe 10 or 15 years or longer. As long as bitcoin is constantly circulating it will still be at the top.
legendary
Activity: 1137
Merit: 1000
I thought for sure it would take until the end of 2018 but it looks like this summer ethereum might pass it up. With the turmoil around BTC potential splitting, it might be very soon. IMO this is healthy, we will always value bitcoin for being the one that started it all, but it's time for a more dynamic and adaptable currency to take the lead.

With the current trend I doubt Ethereum would bypass and be the first one before the bitcoin.
Ethereum is way too far from bitcoin and I think that in many years from now it can overtake the first position.
Activity: 154
Yes, everything will end someday and bitcoin is not the exception. Ethereum or ripple would replace bitcoin , at least people mostly bet on those altcoins.
At the moment, inspite of all that has happened in the market and the prices have been crashing, there is no coin in sight at the moment that is in the bitcoin's shadow talk less of surpassing it. If that were ever to happen, something would have to affect the crypto market seriously.
Activity: 121
This might become true, But I do not think that Ethereum will be able to hodl its gains for long. Sooner or later the price has to go down, because that is what markets do, expect it to happen if it may happen.
Activity: 121
Maybe bitcoin can not be cryptocurrency. but I just think it. This seemingly pessimistic sentiment is what you hear more and more often, not only from people on the fringes on the bitcoin community but those at the heart of it. Bitcoin is not something the average person will ever use to buy and sell stuff, they say, particularly in the US and other Western countries.
Activity: 72
No one knows if that would happen because all of this are just speculative value I dont think bitcoin will be number one for long. Ethereum has a strong potential and may surpass bitcoin in the nearby future
Activity: 112
I don't find any other crypto has same future of Bitcoin. Bitcoin is only one digital currency changed the technology to the next level
Merit: 101
Nothing is impossible, We would really hope that bitcoin would really be still on the top for longer years as of now but possibilities of getting replaces would really be always there. Bitcoin might experiencing problems as of now but still people do really love to use it.Checking the community of entire bitcoin network i could say that bitcoin do still remain on the spot definitely
Activity: 126
Merit: 10
Think it is a dream of each altcoin to exceed bitcoin. But the dream - a dream, and altcoin - altcoin, and it will remain. By no means ethereum will never pass bitcoin to become number one. Not air, any other altcoin.
Pages:
Jump to: