Pages:
Author

Topic: Bitcoin may not be number one for long - page 8. (Read 28295 times)

Activity: 350
Merit: 111
I think bitcoin will be on top as far as currency in the cryptoworld goes for a long time, Im not saying there wont be coins that pass bitcoin up as far as worth but are they currency coins or something else, i think a lot of crypto investers miss this point quite often, Bitcoin is #1 crypto currency for a very long time.
Activity: 280
Merit: 2
all the coins will then rise and fall, since the funds received from ico need to be sold to cover expenses, and this is bitcoin and other altcoyins!
copper member
Activity: 224
Merit: 3
Well since its a decentralized technology, the direction of bitcoin would eventually be determined by the adopting community. So if we all decide that bitcoin does not serve the purpose it should like any other new currency again, we can all adopt the new currency and bitcoin becomes an altcoin. If the new coin offers faster transactions, extremely next to nothing fees, a blockchain with superior features and all that, then we may just see ourselves adopting that. Though i doubt that would happen and even if it would, not anytime soon.
Activity: 644
Merit: 501
Im pretty sure it will be number one for much more time. Eventually it  will be replaced tho. When is the question.
Activity: 392
Merit: 100
I guess,  bitcoin will still be number one for a long time,  look at bitcoin and other altcoins now,  bitcoin is still the number one with a very high price compare to the other coins.
Activity: 322
Merit: 10
I thought for sure it would take until the end of 2018 but it looks like this summer ethereum might pass it up. With the turmoil around BTC potential splitting, it might be very soon. IMO this is healthy, we will always value bitcoin for being the one that started it all, but it's time for a more dynamic and adaptable currency to take the lead.

Bitcoins will be always the number because the prices of other altcoins are all depending on bitcoins and that's the reason why the market is always paralleled on its value but there's a huge chance for bitcoins to be replaced by another cryptocurrency if people will focus on investing on other altcoins.
Activity: 392
Merit: 102
All cypto are measured in or represented as satoshi, its possible for see a coin exceed bitcoin but i dont think it will be anything or anytime soon
Activity: 364
Merit: 11
I don’t think so because the company of bitcoin is the only crypto which operates in a long period of time through their excellence it is impossible to happen that they can be replaced by someone else in future.
Activity: 600
for me all coins are not guaranteed to replace bitcoin positions, the bitcoin will stay in the top spot of the digital currency. because bitcoin is so popular all over the world that for them-they are very easy to get many advantages in the bright future.
Activity: 896
Merit: 500
I still remember that December ago marketcap bitcoin was about 35% but when bitcoin prices dropped it actually bitcoin marketcap reached 44%, this is valid evidence that the effect of bitcoin is so strong against other coins that I'm sure that it's hard to beat bitcoin.
Activity: 31
Merit: 0
Maybe but not so soon. And the probability is not so big, but ethereum can do this theoretically
Activity: 26
Merit: 1
My thoughts are the same with you, but it's not really possible ETH to do it because the coin count of both coins Cool Shocked
Activity: 80
Why do you think so?
Bikkin will occupy a leading position for a very long time, the next 2-5 years not a single coin can move it
Activity: 700
As long as cryptocurrencies exist, bitcoin will always be number one, both in market prices and in value. This is because it was the first and the people who invested in bitcoin, including myself, knows bitcoin is a good project with sound technology and algorithm behind it. A decentralized currency and first of it's kind which puts power in the hands of the users instead of others.
Activity: 742
Merit: 160
I thought for sure it would take until the end of 2018 but it looks like this summer ethereum might pass it up. With the turmoil around BTC potential splitting, it might be very soon. IMO this is healthy, we will always value bitcoin for being the one that started it all, but it's time for a more dynamic and adaptable currency to take the lead.
Well I think that thing is quite inevitable wherein no matter what we do, we cannot dodge the incoming threats that may bring bitcoin down. In my opinion, if we really want bitcoin to stay on top for a long time, we should atleast keep on supporting it and avoid spreading false news about it. We can help bitcoin through the little things we are doing. Let us keep our hopes high for bitcoin and it will surely give the desires of ours.
Activity: 406
Merit: 2
I think it's too early to think about btc for the long term even to be the only one, because in a competitor's business it will be there and it feels less exciting if it just be the only one, but I believe as strong as any competitor they can not beat the popularity and attractiveness of btc, besides trust it can not be built in a short time and trust in business crypto money is the initial capital and btc I think for now already have it, never fear the existence of competition for it healthy no harm, no need to worry about the future there is no accurate prediction to determine the future of btc, then just run all like water flowing btc besides already have a strong foundation to face whatever will happen later I believe it is one hundred percent
Activity: 112
Merit: 0

Well said, since ethereum focuses on running the programming code of any decentralized application it would top someday
Yur
Activity: 196
Merit: 102
I don't think bitcoin will be defeated or overcome by any other digital tokens that are available in the market. Bitcoin has got a better usability rather than the other assets that are given preference only for trading. Hope by the years to come things will change with the bitcoin and other altcoins, but bitcoin will stand high as the leader for a long time, for example 10-20 years.
Activity: 103
Bitcoin will still be the number 1 coin we ever had. If ethereum will surpass bitcoin it will be just an overvalued because the investors shifting from bitcoin to ethereum but will surely come back when the problem resolved.
Activity: 683
Ethereum may have the chance. However there are many new cryptocurrencies appearing which also have a potential to take the lead. Although bitcoin is the peoneer of cryptocurrency,  it doesn't mean that bitcoin cannot be replaced. It's just the matter of time.
Pages:
Jump to: