Pages:
Author

Topic: Bitcoin on Uber - page 11. (Read 8035 times)

Activity: 868
Merit: 506
August 24, 2017, 10:42:02 AM
That's great news especially in Asia because I see a lot of people using Uber these days. And it gives them the opportunity to get to know bitcoin too and what it could do for them and their family.
Activity: 389
Merit: 103
August 24, 2017, 10:38:21 AM
It's good since most Uber users are from Philippines, they'll know more about bitcoin by asking Uber customer support of the taxi drivers who knows bitcoin. I hope many people will know more about this bitcoin thing right now.
Activity: 2786
Merit: 902
yesssir! 🫡
August 24, 2017, 10:33:41 AM
That's a good news since Uber in the Philippines is very popular. Actually it is more popular than the traditional taxi. If they are going to accept bitcoin, much better. But the transaction fee plus the rate of meter, isn't that a bit expensive? Anyway, this is a good help for bitcoin because this will promote bitcoin more. And hopefully bitcoin will be a part of people for their everyday lives. Good job Uber.
I think that's a great idea for everyone especially in  the filipinos out there in the Philippines. We all know that  uber is very popular in the country of Philippines and also it has a lots of consumers depending on transportation like this.  Some are Filipino users here are using transportation like uber and it is very easy now because they accepting bitcoin.  I don't have an idea if this is true but i hope it will accept that.

correct me if i'm wrong but from what i understand on that tweet. bitcoin is only available on tipping drivers via app. this is great for awareness and circulation but people who tip

cheap amounts will not be able to use bitcoin because dust payments are highly discouraged as most likely you will be paying a higher miner fee than the actual amount although

its great with decent amounts.
Activity: 39
Merit: 0
August 24, 2017, 10:33:30 AM
Happy bitcoin can be accepted and used in various services like uber, i wish this could be in my country so i can use bitcoin to pay uber.
Activity: 24
August 24, 2017, 10:22:04 AM
is it just for tipping?
legendary
Activity: 3038
Merit: 1169
August 24, 2017, 10:21:11 AM
That's a good news since Uber in the Philippines is very popular. Actually it is more popular than the traditional taxi. If they are going to accept bitcoin, much better. But the transaction fee plus the rate of meter, isn't that a bit expensive? Anyway, this is a good help for bitcoin because this will promote bitcoin more. And hopefully bitcoin will be a part of people for their everyday lives. Good job Uber.
I think that's a great idea for everyone especially in  the filipinos out there in the Philippines. We all know that  uber is very popular in the country of Philippines and also it has a lots of consumers depending on transportation like this.  Some are Filipino users here are using transportation like uber and it is very easy now because they accepting bitcoin.  I don't have an idea if this is true but i hope it will accept that.

I can't really see the popularity of bitcoin here in the Philippines I have been with many friends that doesn't even have an idea of what is bitcoin, and I really think that there will be uber drivers that haven't even have a knowledge on what bitcoin is so I think it will only be applicable in a small percentage here in the Philippines that is my opinion with this matter.
Activity: 308
Merit: 251
August 24, 2017, 10:17:23 AM
That's great news actually, but as I read those replies. If my observation is clear that by tipping the driver we can used bitcoin but in reality it will be converted by uber to local currency to distribute to drivers. Uber's has got a great mind at marketing strategies and they might have plans in bitcoin for the accumulated tips.

I won't be surprised at one day they will make it available for paying there services not just for tipping. And it would be huge move, Is uber be one big player someday in crypto currency, would love to find out soon.
Activity: 1526
Merit: 332
August 24, 2017, 10:13:59 AM
I think that's a great idea for everyone especially in  the filipinos out there in the Philippines. We all know that  uber is very popular in the country of Philippines and also it has a lots of consumers depending on transportation like this.  Some are Filipino users here are using transportation like uber and it is very easy now because they accepting bitcoin.  I don't have an idea if this is true but i hope it will accept that.
Activity: 519
Merit: 250
August 24, 2017, 10:06:19 AM
Well that's a good news indeed since Uber can operate even the passenger has no cash but instead with credit or debit card. So I think it's a good transformation because BTC is not only for remittances and payments but also as servicing tips and a lot more.
Activity: 37
August 24, 2017, 10:03:01 AM
that is an excellent news to digital community uber services. More people in the world use the digital service and is very important that the bitcoiners point to this target. Bitcoin on Uber iis great
legendary
Activity: 1428
Merit: 1000
August 24, 2017, 08:31:04 AM
certain. This is very good news for uber users, my own person is very happy if bitcoin works with uber. This is very profitable. I believe with the circulation of this news bitcoin will soar and start getting the attention of some people.
I have one doubt how the uber will collect Bitcoins for our trip, whey because the Bitcoin price is never stable at one rate. It keeps on varying in the high margin. Sometimes when we start our trip, the price is stable, but suddenly it will come down or increased means how it will profit for Uber and user. But this is good advertisement or bitcoins.
Activity: 1330
Merit: 248
August 24, 2017, 08:26:43 AM
Meanwhile, bitcoin just got integrated with Uber for tipping drivers. Isn't that a good news?

https://twitter.com/Melt_Dem/status/895466611477544960
Yeah that it's good news, but suddenly Uber here in the Philippines is suspended. So maybe we cannot use bitcoin for the meantime with Uber. Maybe it is more fun if it is also allow with Grab.
Activity: 302
Merit: 120
August 24, 2017, 08:01:53 AM
certain. This is very good news for uber users, my own person is very happy if bitcoin works with uber. This is very profitable. I believe with the circulation of this news bitcoin will soar and start getting the attention of some people.
legendary
Activity: 2912
Merit: 6403
Blackjack.fun
August 24, 2017, 07:55:59 AM
That's  a great Idea. It's make our everyday life more easy and comfortable.
Not only Uber, there are many companies that now accept Bitcoins as a payment. No doubt, it is a great help for BTC holders. Steam, Tesla, Subway, Stripe, WebJet, Whole Foods, Zappos, Zynga, Microsoft, Amazon, Wikipedia, Overstock, Paypal/Ebay and many others. This also means Bitcoins is the currency of future.

Reallly?
Amazon? Paypal?
Where do you poeple get your fake news so early in the morning?

Oh, and just a tip. Wikipedia is not a company and it is not accepting payments as they don't sale stuff. They accept donations.

Activity: 756
Merit: 500
August 24, 2017, 07:46:34 AM
this is brand new idea, that really good sir. so you just need to send the bitcoin and uber will distribute itself.
so we can use bitcoin also tipping the driver, and make use of bitcoin more in the community. helping much more people
Activity: 784
August 24, 2017, 07:44:38 AM
Meanwhile, bitcoin just got integrated with Uber for tipping drivers. Isn't that a good news?

Yes, it is a good news for the bitcoins as it will help to grow the community. I am sure that, one day more service providers will start accepting the bitcoins as the mode of transaction. Uber has their presence in all over the world, this step will help to spread the information & awareness regarding bitcoins. Its a win win situation for the bitcoin community.
Activity: 756
August 24, 2017, 07:37:23 AM
How amazing if this will be followed, bitcoin to be tipped to the driver, but sadly that uber as of now is banned in some country, once I visited my friend I cannot use uber there, I was expecting that I can use bitcoin for them to have bitcoin from me.
But honestly, some did not know what bitcoin is, becaus I asked some.drivers. Then I just use their fiat money for my fare which is fair enough for our both ends.
It is nice of you to tip your BTCs to driver however I will not cover an extra mile.
I will just pay the dues. :p
Why have the blocked Uber in some countries? That's ridiculous! But you should be happy if this facility is available in your own country. Drivers are not really into BTCs, they are not tech guys’ rather simple people, but those who work under the company, must have some idea, at least in developed countries.
Activity: 319
Merit: 100
August 23, 2017, 10:27:29 AM
That's a great news for us Filipinos. Since the uber is most common in Philippines, it is very convenient now to travel anywhere you want with bitcoin but how it is works? 
Activity: 1974
Merit: 586
Free Crypto Faucet in Trustdice
August 23, 2017, 10:03:36 AM

It turns out bitcoin has been given a chance by Uber, really good news
This is evidence that bitcoin is being considered
Activity: 868
August 22, 2017, 09:19:01 PM
Its an amazing place to start to spread bitcoin word ahead, besides finaly we start to be able to use our coins into our daily needs, I do see Uber as something that is good to all people an improvement of old taxi system. Sooner we will be able to pay our supermarket purchases directly with bitcoin without need a debit card.
Pages:
Jump to: