Pages:
Author

Topic: Bitcoin on Uber - page 7. (Read 7990 times)

Activity: 31
Merit: 0
September 19, 2017, 05:06:15 AM
This is a big step. Sooner or later they will use bitcoin not only for tipping, but for it's main fare. But fees should be lessened. Right now I am paying 3 dollars for every trasactions that i made. Which is not very conventional for every small time bitcoin players like me.
Activity: 81
Merit: 10
September 19, 2017, 04:50:23 AM
Hope this will serve  as a biggest network service render accepting bitcoin paving path for a digital growth in all industry.
News like these and other similar ones are really exciting as it contributes in the wider acceptance and recognition of bitcoin.
Activity: 419
Merit: 100
September 19, 2017, 04:47:55 AM
Glad to see the uber service that receives bitcoin, I'm a uber user and hope bitcoin is immediately applied in the uber service in my city. of course this will make it easy for us all to use the service uber.
Activity: 574
September 19, 2017, 04:30:33 AM
it is a good news because uber is supposedly a transportation service that has millions of users every day which means that if this company integrates bitcoin to their payment service  even though just for tipping then its more likely that they are on the testing stage in considering bitcoin as a regular payment method.
Activity: 30
September 19, 2017, 03:38:39 AM
this will be fantastic for everyone i believe, even with the volatility of btc you are only paying current price
Activity: 84
Merit: 10
September 19, 2017, 03:36:52 AM
that's good news, because Uber in the Philippines is soaring. Actually this is more soaring than traditional taxis. If they want to accept bitcoin, much better. But transaction costs plus meter tariff, is not that a bit expensive? However, this is a good help for bitcoin as this will promote more bitcoin. And hopefully the activities will be part of the human for their daily life. Good work Uber.
legendary
Activity: 1288
Merit: 1043
:^)
September 19, 2017, 03:25:15 AM
this is a good idea, but for uber providers and managers, this will be very inconvenient and troublesome, because the bitcoin prices are so volatile that it is difficult to determine the uber drag for the passengers
not necessarily, there are multiple services out there that will accept a bitcoin payment on behalf of the merchant, and immediately convert that amount into whatever fiat currency they use in exchange for a small fee. not exactly sure what it was, but i do recall seeing that somewhere here some time back. dont take my word for it, but i think coinbase offers something similar for bitcoin accepting merchants as well (i only remember reading a mention of it somewhere, i might be totally wrong).
that aside, bitcoin integration on such payments can be an incredible convenience for both the customer and the uber driver; if we can assume that the transactions for these are irreversible, then there's a guarantee that the driver will receive their payment. there's no hassle of counting out change, zero worries about a credit card charge being declined, etc. it provides security for them. on the other side, all the customer might have to do is scan the QR code with their smartphone (assuming their smartphone bitcoin wallet is capable of this, it should be anyways) and pay in a matter of seconds.
Activity: 14
September 19, 2017, 02:54:02 AM
Great news! I'm dreaming to see Bitcoin as payment option for Uber as well.
legendary
Activity: 1302
Merit: 1018
Cashback 15%
September 15, 2017, 10:20:19 AM
Meanwhile, bitcoin just got integrated with Uber for tipping drivers. Isn't that a good news?

https://twitter.com/Melt_Dem/status/895466611477544960

Wow this is a great news for uber users and for uber drivers. Here in the philippines most commuters uses uber as there daily commute vehicle because there is no toxic in the roads and mostly they are comfortable than a taxi. This maybe a great idea so that other people know bitcoin and what is bitcoin I mean this is another stepping stone for the philippines to introduce bitcoin in the city.
As far as i know Uber in the Philippines has stopped its service because of some sanctions made by government but well talking about Uber recieving on bitcoin payments then this thing would really be an advantage on those commuters who have known about bitcoin because this thing would really be a big convenience to them theres no need on cash on paying up the fare.
Activity: 742
Merit: 500
September 15, 2017, 10:19:49 AM
Meanwhile, bitcoin just got integrated with Uber for tipping drivers. Isn't that a good news?

Of course. with it more transactions occur. I think that's one of the good developments for bitcoin, because so far we know that a lot of people love UBER.
Activity: 168
September 15, 2017, 10:17:22 AM
Bitcoin can actually make Uber convenient for payment in Uber and in other transportation facilities.
Activity: 278
Merit: 251
September 15, 2017, 10:13:18 AM
I can help you exchanging your bitcoins to Uber rides Smiley
Activity: 173
September 13, 2017, 06:54:20 AM

Wow this is a great news for uber users and for uber drivers. Here in the philippines most commuters uses uber as there daily commute vehicle because there is no toxic in the roads and mostly they are comfortable than a taxi. This maybe a great idea so that other people know bitcoin and what is bitcoin I mean this is another stepping stone for the philippines to introduce bitcoin in the city.
Activity: 191
September 13, 2017, 06:31:56 AM

I have never heared about this news here in our country but I will check it myself and confirm in on uber as I always using their service here in our country.
That's the point. Uber accepted bitcoins as a payment for its services a long time ago but not people of all the countries are able to avail this facility. I don't know what the main problem is. Are taxi drivers not aware of bitcoins or the customers have not heard this news yet ?

I think it is not educated by the uber owner to accept and use bitcoin as a medium of exchange. maybe if the owner already understand about the function bitcoin, certainly will be educated to all its drivers
Activity: 2828
Merit: 611
September 13, 2017, 01:12:28 AM

I have never heared about this news here in our country but I will check it myself and confirm in on uber as I always using their service here in our country.
That's the point. Uber accepted bitcoins as a payment for its services a long time ago but not people of all the countries are able to avail this facility. I don't know what the main problem is. Are taxi drivers not aware of bitcoins or the customers have not heard this news yet ?
Activity: 420
Merit: 250
September 11, 2017, 07:37:18 PM
Yep, Good news indeed! since uber is becoming more and more popular integrating it with bitcoins will just improve bitcoins accessibility to various services. This just shows how cryptocurrencies will evolve in the near future and how step by step, becomes a currency that everyone will be able to use.
I think Bitcoin can fit with anything. Just what you need to do is that you will have to make right scheme to use it and Uber is an amazing medium to make people more aware of bitcoin. In this way Uber will also get a lot of benefit. Uber is already highly popular all over the world and with bitcoin it can be more. And it will also make the payment system easier.
Activity: 350
BITDEPOSITARY - Make ICO's , More Secure
September 11, 2017, 04:11:09 AM
Yep, Good news indeed! since uber is becoming more and more popular integrating it with bitcoins will just improve bitcoins accessibility to various services. This just shows how cryptocurrencies will evolve in the near future and how step by step, becomes a currency that everyone will be able to use.
legendary
Activity: 1163
Merit: 1005
September 11, 2017, 03:52:21 AM
i think thats good idea ... can pay uber with bitcoins hussle free
that's a really good idea, by paying uber using Bitcoin this makes it easier for Bitcoin hunters to travel without having to trade their Bitcoin into fiat.
Activity: 630
Merit: 258
September 11, 2017, 03:30:57 AM
i think thats good idea ... can pay uber with bitcoins hussle free
Activity: 1232
Merit: 603
When life gets hard BUY Bitcoin!
September 10, 2017, 12:27:57 AM

It is indeed a good news, People who have an uber apps will get curious what kind of payment method is this and they will eventually look for it in the internet, and of course since the apps now can tip drivers with Bitcoin it means that all the uber drivers will have an idea, it will start with them then their family so expect more new people that will going to try Bitcoin.
It will be a help yet we might still encounter some issues regarding the delays. Will the Iber car allow us to leave even the payment wasnt succeeded in sending. And a lot more . Many things to consider.
Pages:
Jump to: