Pages:
Author

Topic: Bitcoin or Ethereum ? - page 18. (Read 13667 times)

Activity: 350
Merit: 250
Shit, did I leave the stove on?
May 21, 2016, 10:38:43 AM
What can I do with Ethereum? I don't do GPU mining nor am I trading alt coins on the exchanges and I haven't seen an online retailer that accepts Ethereum as a legitimate method of payment so why should I be excited about Ethereum and prefer it over Bitcoin which is a lot more useful and accepted at a lot more places and actually there are even ATM and debit cards for it. I mean come on we all know that Bitcoin is not going down anytime soon and all this speculation is just pure nonsense.
Activity: 6
Merit: 0
May 21, 2016, 10:32:52 AM
Bitcoin seems to be the past and Ethereum the future.

The question is : when BTC will worth almost zero? Next year? In 2 years? Smiley
Probably never!!!!!

Why?? Answer is very simple. Ethereum is a hyped coin and when the hype settles/gone then it's value is also gone.
Why i don't invest in Ethereum is that because of its infinite coins to be mined which is a major drawback according to my strategy.
Activity: 756
Merit: 500
May 21, 2016, 10:11:40 AM

The question is : when BTC will worth almost zero? Next year? In 2 years? Smiley

I think, these things won't happen. Because both of these currencies have fans and users are different and complementary. I would argue that the Ethereum has systems that are 100% the same as the Bitcoin and Eth has no superiority than Bitcoin. ethereum will only be worth under the Bitcoin and fore Bitcoin still lead.  Cheesy Cheesy
Activity: 762
May 21, 2016, 10:08:41 AM
None of the ALTcoins stand a chance against Bitcoin. But I see a great future for Ethereum aswel because it has a good utilization but I see it very different than Bitcoin
legendary
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1183
May 21, 2016, 09:57:11 AM
Ethereum will never replace Bitcoin because it has serious problems, the main problem being that it is turin complete, which is a big mistake in design to run internet money, so it's not even competition against Bitcoin. In fact, Ethereum should be scared that Bitcoin can run Ethereum clones like Rootstock in sidechains.

But maybe ETH will pump again so you can make more BTCs out of it, that's all it's useful for Cheesy
Activity: 364
Merit: 250
May 21, 2016, 09:56:39 AM
Etherium in my opinion is fools gold. Unlimited token supply? This is a bubble just waiting to pop. But I will mine and convert to BTC while it is profitable, I might as well.
Activity: 630
Cryptocurrency Wallet - Denaro.io
May 21, 2016, 09:54:28 AM
Ethereum is popular now but it is not direct competitor of bitcoin. Their purpose is slightly different. I've seen many 'bitcoin killer' alts in the past and none of them survived enough.
Someone could say that Litecoin is technologically better than Bitcoin - so why it is not more popular or priced higher?

Because many people are well establish in bitcoin rather than litecoin and look at what status of litecoin now i think its going to trash and maybe it will be dead soon same as there furom are being hacked, eth must not compete to bitcoin if it dont want to be die just what like happen to other altcoins, although eth is keeping rising for today and still it cannot compete to bitcoin.
legendary
Activity: 1400
Merit: 1001
May 21, 2016, 09:46:54 AM
Ethereum is popular now but it is not direct competitor of bitcoin. Their purpose is slightly different. I've seen many 'bitcoin killer' alts in the past and none of them survived enough.
Someone could say that Litecoin is technologically better than Bitcoin - so why it is not more popular or priced higher?
Activity: 98
Merit: 10
May 21, 2016, 09:28:40 AM

Maybe never IMO..Hopefully if you are a bitcoin enthusiast then you should not think like that mate.Bitcoin is future.It is best among all alts.
Activity: 1395
Merit: 505
May 21, 2016, 08:43:53 AM
This was said about every Alt coin particularly LTC.

Bottom line is they all trade at a minuscule fraction of BTC. Occasionally one gets hot and a horde of "investors" roll in near the peak thinking they can make a quick buck. Historically, nearly ALL of them have ended up bagholders, many have been wiped out, and most would have done much better just holding BTC.

Ethereum has a few novel concepts but by and large it's more hot air. Offers nothing relevant over BTC. Period.
legendary
Activity: 1470
Merit: 1004
May 21, 2016, 08:41:21 AM

Pages:
Jump to: