Pages:
Author

Topic: Bitcoin or Property? What might be the best investment? - page 22. (Read 2635 times)

Activity: 60
Merit: 0
We had a very interesting discussion over the weekend and people debated if it was better to invest in property or to invest in Bitcoin. The argument was as follows :

1. Most people cannot afford to buy property, so they take a home loan at a Bank. The home loan is paid back with interest and some of these loans are spread out over 20 years to make it affordable to the person who takes out the loan. So, over that 20 years the house of $100 000 will cost you say $1 000 000. {$900 000 paid in interest}

The argument is also that the property has to increase in value, with more than $900 000 for you to say that it was a good investment AND you have to sell that property to get that profit.

2. The other side of the room said it was better to rent a smaller property and to invest the "savings" into something like Bitcoin, because your profit will pay for a bigger deposit or even a whole property in a few years time.

I think paying a high interest rate to a Bank is just as bad as paying rent to a Landlord, because you are getting screwed in both these circumstances.  Angry

Well, if you'd pay $900.000 intrest on a $100.000 loan over 20 years, you should switch banks immediately
I took a loan of €150.000 over 20 years when i bought my house 10 years ago, in the end i'll have to pay about €40.000 intrest, but i can deduct this intrest from my taxes, so in the end i'll pay about €20.000 out of pocket to loan €150.000 for 20 years (this are approximate numbers).

I'm a big fan of crypto, but i'd personally rather have a house to live in than a big fat crypto wallet... I guess i'm to oldfashioned Wink
I do realise i can get a lot more profit when i would have invested all my money into crypto, but you can't live in your wallet...
I'm kind of like your thought. but why you dont think we should do both of them? thats mean you save your money by converting some amount of Crypto into real cash.
and still have enough crypto in your wallet to make more interest.
Activity: 490
Merit: 250
That is only up on you cause both offer you in some way profits after some time, for me better will be bitcoin cause taking profits, putting more money, changing something will be faster and easier in my opinion.
Activity: 392
Merit: 101
For me the best investment is bitcoin nowadays because it will buy and give me a property and will be safer with less risk than you invest in bitcoin just wait until the right time is come and be patient.
Activity: 252
Merit: 100
nowadays there may still be many people think that property becomes the best investment, but some people are now switching to bitcoin. personally although I am involved in crypto currency I think investing in property will be safer with less risk than you invest in bitcoin
I also think it's great to invest first  for your personal needs like property(house) for you to live,  Organize your personal  needs first  then if it is fine for you enough then invest in any kind or form of investment to be able to grow your savings.  Atleast you have you can call YOURS if ever you loose bitcoin because of shortage of knowledge,  just be more or Make sure you are knowledgable before you invest.
Activity: 560
Merit: 250
For the new era today Bitcoin is a great way to make an attractive investment and has a big potential to get a profitable profit.
Activity: 84
For some people bitcoin is still not so reliable because they cant see and touch it like other properties. And many people who dare to buy a house or any other properties, dare it even without having full amount in their hand. They simply get homeloans if they apply for properties like you said  but for bitcoins, no banks,  that exist, invest. Therefore, my first choice will also be property.
Activity: 560
Merit: 4
We had a very interesting discussion over the weekend and people debated if it was better to invest in property or to invest in Bitcoin. The argument was as follows :

1. Most people cannot afford to buy property, so they take a home loan at a Bank. The home loan is paid back with interest and some of these loans are spread out over 20 years to make it affordable to the person who takes out the loan. So, over that 20 years the house of $100 000 will cost you say $1 000 000. {$900 000 paid in interest}

The argument is also that the property has to increase in value, with more than $900 000 for you to say that it was a good investment AND you have to sell that property to get that profit.

2. The other side of the room said it was better to rent a smaller property and to invest the "savings" into something like Bitcoin, because your profit will pay for a bigger deposit or even a whole property in a few years time.

I think paying a high interest rate to a Bank is just as bad as paying rent to a Landlord, because you are getting screwed in both these circumstances.  Angry

We all want to live in big houses that we cannot afford.  Roll Eyes
I think it's better to divide our investment. Because we do not know what's going to happen, It's better if we do not put it in one basket all the eggs just in case it's shed we still have something else to do.
Activity: 448
Merit: 1
Our goal of investing is to make a profit, if there is an easy and Fast way to earn money, why do not we choose it. And remember, every thing that makes big money is definitely going to contain a high risk, and it's in Bitcoin Investments. so, in my opinion, as a brave investor, Bitcoin is a more profitable Investment.
Activity: 686
Merit: 15
Property is much very secured as it has been here since inception simply say it is older than man. Bitcoin and property investment are a good form of investment, both do require patience for reaping the dividend. While real estate requires much capital to make a good fortune but bitcoin requires just knowledge and understanding even with little or no capital, one can still start bitcoin investment. I will bitcoin before property investment.
copper member
Activity: 104
The deeper understanding of investment is that you are laying down cash now and expecting more later. So assessing the durability of the investment and its ability to make you money long term is very important.

Real estate has passed that test over time. Bitcoin hasn’t yet. So till then real estate has an edge over bitcoin.
Activity: 32
 Aum

Real estate is in realty a investment, sound investment at that specially when prices are low, mid range or stable in the no interest returns that we are all going thru since last so many years.Bitcoin on the other hand will be more a gamble…up or down….me I would go 97 percent for real estate n 3 percent for crypto bitcoin.
Activity: 76
Any good investor will tell you that you need a diversified port folio. To stay safe in this game. Real estate is a business everyone should get involve in,as shelter is a requirement by all, the rich and the poor, my strategy is to invest in BTC, I ensure I take profit and the profit is invested in real estate, Investment in real estate require some form of capital. So I would suggest doing both. Most important is to buy assets.
Activity: 353
Merit: 100
https://luxantdigitalbank.com/
An ideal investor should think very well and decide prior to invest his hard earned money.Here the investment comparison between
bitcoin and property and here investing to bitcoin will be far better than investing to the property because the price fluctuation to bitcoin is greater than the price of the property .Especially it is a new form of economy with the strong net work systems and its specific features are attractive to the global investors so its popularity is increasing day by day.
Activity: 5
At this point of time, Bitcoin investment looks more profitable to me than real-estate and this is because i feel that property is not the thing whose valuation will increase overnight and you got to wait for a long long time but being a risk-taker, I would prefer to invest in BTCs for the long term in order to get a better payback. Bitcoin is starting to rule again and the levels of profit it can give excites me to the core.
Properties are not affordable not every people can buy properties i think buying bitcoin is more profitable there's no limit in bitcoin we can buy it even in low price its better than buying gold and properties.

But currently it's not an investment, it's a speculation. Nothing wrong with that, Wall Street and the City of London have been making money by trading margins for a long long time. And I hope it becomes more like non-crypto currencies and gains more stability. It's a bit of a damn nuisance buying and selling stuff with it at present because of its volatility. We shall see....
Activity: 272
Merit: 10
I see both been a good investment. while investment in property tends to be stable and appreciate with time and location but very expensive to start. But bitcoin is highly volatile and one can make quick return trading it and even save massively as one could never have imagined. For now, am concentrating of bitcoin which is the area I have knowledge off.
Activity: 83
Merit: 3
At this point of time, Bitcoin investment looks more profitable to me than real-estate and this is because i feel that property is not the thing whose valuation will increase overnight and you got to wait for a long long time but being a risk-taker, I would prefer to invest in BTCs for the long term in order to get a better payback. Bitcoin is starting to rule again and the levels of profit it can give excites me to the core.
Properties are not affordable not every people can buy properties i think buying bitcoin is more profitable there's no limit in bitcoin we can buy it even in low price its better than buying gold and properties.
Activity: 518
Merit: 184
Both are very good investment for me. Real Estate cost to own one is definitely expensive for an ordinary people like me because it would take years for me before i could fully paid that investment. Whereas in crypto currency we can buy in a smaller portion wherein we can buy and sell it upon reaching the target income. So both are good investments and it would depend on the capacity of each and every person.
Activity: 11
Real estate is a more reliable investment as you can never know what would happen on crypto market the next day.
Definitely, it is better to live in your own house/flat than to rent one having to spend on that up to 50% of your monthly earnings.
Activity: 6
For me, I would be tilting towards crypto currency in general rather than limiting it to bitcoin because I have seen firsthand how a coin that barely worth nothing at some point ended being sought after in a matter of months. No property investment could bring such returns without repercussions.
Activity: 280

If bitcoin grows, it grows more than value of properties. If it falls, it falls much more than property ever would. So it really depends. Main thing is to diversify your protfolio the right way
Pages:
Jump to: