Pages:
Author

Topic: Bitcoin price effect on Altcoin - page 3. (Read 3182 times)

Activity: 378
Merit: 102
December 12, 2018, 12:52:07 PM
Bitcoin is the head of this market and the price of every altcoin depend on it, if btc dumps and all altcoins dumps and when btc pumps, then all market pumps all together so we must look to btc price first before invest to alts.
Activity: 560
Merit: 100
December 12, 2018, 12:31:14 PM
Today major alts are actually slightly outperforming bitcoin on a daily.

Principally if/as the price goes even lower, correlation between BTC and altcoins should weaken.

Perhaps sometime in the far far future with enough fundamental developments (intrinsic value perhaps), fiat gateways/alt pairings, major altcoins could eventually unpeg.
I would be generally satisfied if there were no Bitcoin acceptance to the rest of the cryptocurrency market. Why various promising projects suffer because the price of Bitcoin falls.
Activity: 563
Merit: 101
December 12, 2018, 12:27:37 PM
Today major alts are actually slightly outperforming bitcoin on a daily.

Principally if/as the price goes even lower, correlation between BTC and altcoins should weaken.

Perhaps sometime in the far far future with enough fundamental developments (intrinsic value perhaps), fiat gateways/alt pairings, major altcoins could eventually unpeg.
Activity: 368
Merit: 18
December 11, 2018, 07:34:01 AM
All crypto price is connected to BTC when it comes to Fiat,
But if you would look at it in crypto turns I mean for example 1 ETH =0.026BTC if the price of BTC goes down in Fiat the Fiat price for ETH would fall to but not the crypto price sometimes it would remain the same or it could go up but you wouldn't notice because you focus on Fiat price.
Activity: 700
BBOD Trading Platform
December 11, 2018, 06:35:52 AM
Hey everyone,
How strongly Altcoin value relate to bitcoin price. Can we know the condition of ETH/BTC ratio by analyzing BTC/USD value ?
the altcoin price is tied very strongly to the price of bitcoin, when the price of bitcoin falls then most of the prices of altcoins also decrease. but the decline cannot be measured by percentage because they do not fall in balance
Activity: 494
Merit: 12
December 11, 2018, 04:43:53 AM
yes of course this bitcoin price movement has an influence on altcoin price movements because no one is able to beat the price of bitcoin.

The status quo would remain unchanged in my opinion. I don't see how Btc could be dethroned and substituted to another altcoin.
Activity: 44
Merit: 0
December 11, 2018, 04:38:37 AM
it affects so much, bitcoin is a king. when bitcoin is down, altcoins are down too
even on bad market like now, many altcoins have no value
I think that is fair, because the decline that happened is a kind of decline from the global crypto market. the impact is not just on bitcoin and only a few altcoins. you yourself can see, all of my assets have decreased.
Yes the matter is for the whole market right now. But still when any decision is made for the Bitcoin then the price of it affect the whole market and all of the coins follow the same pattern on which Bitcoin goes. It is because Bitcoin is the backbone of the whole crypto community.
Activity: 406
December 09, 2018, 05:57:35 PM
Hey everyone,
How strongly Altcoin value relate to bitcoin price. Can we know the condition of ETH/BTC ratio by analyzing BTC/USD value ?
If we evaluate the relationship of altcoin with bitcoin on a ten-point scale, then I will put 10. Their relationship at the moment is inextricable. Altos have always been and will be depending on bitcoin.
Activity: 434
December 09, 2018, 01:46:14 PM
it affects so much, bitcoin is a king. when bitcoin is down, altcoins are down too
even on bad market like now, many altcoins have no value

You can even predict the prices of altcoins watching only the growth of Bitcoin. When it is up, the tokens jump high, when it is down, alts are declining. Hope, in future BTC will not affect other cryptos so much.
Activity: 462
December 09, 2018, 12:05:04 PM
i think bitcoin price will be effect to all coin not just ethereum but almost of them have pair to btc.
so if price btc goes up/down they will follow it, even higher or lower.
but alt coin price will not effect to btc, example we can see one coin pumping above 60% but btc still stagnan.
Activity: 224
Merit: 1
December 09, 2018, 10:08:43 AM
The price for Bitcoin greatly affects altcoins. if Bitcoin drops by 10% in price, then Altcoins can fall by 50 or even 100%
Activity: 55
Merit: 1
December 09, 2018, 10:07:02 AM
Bitcoin is the standard of most coins.  Since it is the "original" coin, whatever happens to it creates a domino effect to the others.
Activity: 1260
Merit: 500
In CryptoEnergy we trust
December 09, 2018, 05:35:34 AM
Now bitcoin has a huge impact on the prices of altcoins, they depend on bitcoin and the weight of bitcoin in the market is very large. In the future, everything should change, this influence will gradually decrease.
Activity: 546
Merit: 4
December 09, 2018, 02:03:11 AM
I think that's true, bitcoin is giving effect another altcoin. altcoin is currently falling. In recent days, altcoin price charts are still unstable. Sometimes the price goes up, then it goes down drastically, so it still can not be said to be stable. But do not worry, in the next few weeks altcoin will rise again. According to altcoin observers, altcoin will rise as bitcoin prices rise. In the next few weeks, altcoin will rise, even to its peak.
Activity: 224
Merit: 10
December 08, 2018, 08:54:37 AM
Bitcoin price effect on altcoin is overwhelmingly obvious.  Many coin do not have the infrastructure needed to be valuable on their own.  Bitcoin gives Cryptocurrency commerce,  volume,  capital and support!
Activity: 1218
Merit: 251
December 08, 2018, 08:41:38 AM
I really hardly believe when many people who talk about the price of bitcoin are likely still going to plunge up to 2000 dollars and even less than that. they talk as if to make people more panic and no longer trust the crypto world
Activity: 368
Merit: 25
The Standard Protocol - Solving Inflation
December 08, 2018, 05:26:24 AM
Most of the altcoins follow the trends with the bitcoin & this has been proven in the current as altcoins are facing double digit losses when the price of the bitcoin is falling. Important things to be noted here if you have to compare most of the currency then always check price in satoshi in terms of BTC or gwei in terms of ETH & dont always check in USD as almost every investors have aim to multiply their BTC or ETH.
Activity: 644
Merit: 10
December 08, 2018, 04:50:35 AM
Altcoin is like being connected with Bitcoin, so when Bitcoin decreases its value, Altcoin also decreases. Bitcoin is the first coin and makes Crypto increasingly popular because of Bitcoin. So that to restore the market to be stable, of course, there must be many investors who invest in Bitcoin.
Activity: 2996
Merit: 600
December 08, 2018, 04:40:44 AM
yes of course this bitcoin price movement has an influence on altcoin price movements because no one is able to beat the price of bitcoin.
It is not about beating the price of bitcoin.

It is about on how big the pair and volume of bitcoin on exchanges. Think of it on how many exchange are there for bitcoin. That affects the price of all including altcoins because it is the major pair for all.
Activity: 924
Merit: 500
December 08, 2018, 01:32:23 AM
Pages:
Jump to: