Author

Topic: Bitcoin puzzle transaction ~32 BTC prize to who solves it - page 191. (Read 215360 times)

Activity: 6
Merit: 0
Keyhunt with bsgs is giving me 1 Exakeys/second speed. Its 1,000,000,000,000 Megakeys/s in 125 bit range which is quite impressive, Its almost identical to searching 66th puzzle with decent gpu. Correct me if i'm wrong.
Activity: 54
Merit: 1
Rounded up 66 puzzle is 36.8934881474191 keys

That is 36.8934881474191 sextillion.

My question

what is or is there a record for the most amount of keys tried in a second via brute forcing ?

I have a script ive worked on for about a month its my own outside the box thinking.
Testing the script achieved what i want it to do.

It will 100% work however like everyone else we are not immortal and time is certainly not on anyones side brute forcing btc.

so thats where im stuck at.

i need 1 billion keys a second tried lol

it will still take time but for puzzle 66 it would take 1 billion keys per second, it would take approximately 37,000 seconds to try37 quintillion keys.

That is equivalent to about 10.28 hours.

One can dream eh.

Anyway if you reply please answer my question on what/if a record exsists.
I think your math is off. Many programs already out can do over 1 billion keys per second, GPU of course.

1 billion keys per second would take you 1,169 years.

I thought so let me go slap chatgpt

Edit maths does work out for what im doing Smiley   Please please point me to where these apps can do 1 billion a sec per key or any info

What if you have 1b keys/sec? The only way this is going to help is if you find a formula that can narrow down your range at least 1000 times less .. other than that go run your devices and try your luck🤞

I narrow the key, but every time I drop a bit, the probability of pubkey is twice the previous one.
Activity: 185
Merit: 15
Two things you should never abandon: Family & BTC

My question

what is or is there a record for the most amount of keys tried in a second via brute forcing ?

I have a script ive worked on for about a month its my own outside the box thinking.

It will 100% work however like everyone else we are not immortal and time is certainly not on anyones side brute forcing btc.

it will still take time but for puzzle 66 it would take 1 billion keys per second, it would take approximately 37,000 seconds to try37 quintillion keys.

One can dream eh.

I think your math is off. Many programs already out can do over 1 billion keys per second, GPU of course.

Edit maths does work out for what im doing Smiley   Please please point me to where these apps can do 1 billion a sec per key or any info

What if you have 1b keys/sec? The only way this is going to help is if you find a formula that can narrow down your range at least 1000 times less .. other than that go run your devices and try your luck🤞
Can some moderator finally close either this thread or "== Bitcoin challenge transaction: ~100 BTC total bounty to solvers! ==UPDATED==" (https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/bitcoin-challenge-transaction-1000-btc-total-bounty-to-solvers-updated-5218972)

It's 100% the same topic.

Why are you concerned, are you the database?
Activity: 38
Merit: 11
Can some moderator finally close either this thread or "== Bitcoin challenge transaction: ~100 BTC total bounty to solvers! ==UPDATED==" (https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/bitcoin-challenge-transaction-1000-btc-total-bounty-to-solvers-updated-5218972)

It's 100% the same topic.
Activity: 117
Merit: 32
It would take a minimum speed of 5 TerraKeys/s to start being in the correct time frame for #66. Multiply by 2 the delay or speed for each key above without pubkey

it all depends on your hardware but let's say that with average hardware Bitcrack vanbitcracken keyhunt can do it without any problem or even much more but even if you could multiply by 2 or 3 their speed it will help you very very very little
Activity: 14

My question

One can dream eh.

Edit maths does work out for what im doing Smiley   Please please point me to where these apps can do 1 billion a sec per key or any info
Activity: 1162
Merit: 237
Shooters Shoot...

My question

One can dream eh.

Activity: 14

My question

One can dream eh.

Activity: 117
Merit: 32
unfortunately no magic for puzzles without pubkey for the moment there is only brute force but even for 66 it's bigger than ocean! For those with pubkey on the other hand, a whole bunch of arithmetic ideas can be found, it remains to find the right one to restrict the range which is enormous and then use kangaroo or bsgs
Activity: 1162
Merit: 237
Shooters Shoot...
Isn't it more efficient to search less pub keys over more steps? In other words, doesn't the process to convert the pub key to a comparable value take longer than it takes to generate the next baby step? I limited my search to 1000 keys based on this thought.

What is the fastest way to search multiple pubkeys? bsgs or kangaroo?? How many pubkeys can I search at one time? Huh Huh Huh

Tried up to 160,000 pubs on keyhunt BSGS before.

How many private keys did you find successfully?

Zero, Null, Zilch, None, Nil

Welcome to Bitcoin.
I think it’s 6 one way, half a dozen the other.

Running one pub key gets you X speed. Running multiple pub keys at once gets you X/# of pubkeys speed.
Ultimately, #125 is too large of a range, whether you run 1 pub or 1000 pubs. But it can help you narrow down ranges IMO
Activity: 82
Merit: 2
Isn't it more efficient to search less pub keys over more steps? In other words, doesn't the process to convert the pub key to a comparable value take longer than it takes to generate the next baby step? I limited my search to 1000 keys based on this thought.

What is the fastest way to search multiple pubkeys? bsgs or kangaroo?? How many pubkeys can I search at one time? Huh Huh Huh

Welcome to Bitcoin.

Welcome to Bitcoin.
Activity: 2
Thanks for the replies, as you can imagine i want to share my discovery however i fear someone else might bare fruit for my findings before i do. I only discovered this approach yesterday and want to try all ive got to crack the puzzle myself before I share it. I understand I might be counting my eggs before they are laid but i still believe i might be onto something.

what i can do is provide a sequence that was generated by my method to compare with the puzzle. i will do so when i get a day off work. I am by no means a professional coder but i do understand its workings.
copper member
Activity: 1330
Merit: 899
🖤😏
Hello
 I wanted to know if other methods have been tried by the community to crack the puzzle other then brute force. if so could someone care to list whats been tried so far. i have tried going through the whole form but its not clear whats been tried and not. Thanks in adavnce.
The process i have discovered does not involve patterns or any mathematical relationships between the terms in the sequence. I understand noone has found a pattern in the sequence.
Hello there to you friend. How is it going.

You could start from this board called project development in there you should look for any topic including key words such as, cracking,  hunting, solving, vanity search etc.  After that visit this one called development and technical discussion you should do the same as the first board, read away till you get the idea.

Welcome, and happy hunting!
Activity: 582
Merit: 502
Hello 32 bitcoin puzzle community,
I am new to form however i have been following this baffling puzzle for quite some time. Since recently the amount on the puzzle has increased I thought I'd have another crack at it. Far as i can tell many have given up trying to find a algorithm/formula and alternatively focus on brute force methods.
I myself believe there is a algorithm and process to creating this sequence. I have recently discovered a process that seem to be generating very similar sequences but not exact. I wanted to know if other methods have been tried by the community to crack the puzzle other then brute force. if so could someone care to list whats been tried so far. i have tried going through the whole form but its not clear whats been tried and not. Thanks in adavnce.
The process i have discovered does not involve patterns or any mathematical relationships between the terms in the sequence. I understand noone has found a pattern in the sequence.

Will you show us the process you have discovered?
Activity: 2
Hello 32 bitcoin puzzle community,
I am new to form however i have been following this baffling puzzle for quite some time. Since recently the amount on the puzzle has increased I thought I'd have another crack at it. Far as i can tell many have given up trying to find a algorithm/formula and alternatively focus on brute force methods.
I myself believe there is a algorithm and process to creating this sequence. I have recently discovered a process that seem to be generating very similar sequences but not exact. I wanted to know if other methods have been tried by the community to crack the puzzle other then brute force. if so could someone care to list whats been tried so far. i have tried going through the whole form but its not clear whats been tried and not. Thanks in adavnce.
Activity: 6

The amount of space that 2^67 lines of text would take up in a .txt file depends on the length of each line.
line: 20000000000000000(17 char) 1LgpDjsqkxF9cTkz3UYSbdTJuvbZ45PKvx (34 char) 17+34 = 51
total number of characters as follows:

That is the worst way to store that informacion, to store it you need to store the data in its RAW data fot the address you only need the RMD hash in raw data it is only 20 bytes.

For the privatekey there is two options, don't store the private key because you will not sort the Addresses or Store the private key because you want to Sort the addresses

If you decide to store the private key you only need 9 bytes for it... in that case you only need 29 bytes.

If you decide NOT store the private key you only need 20 bytes for the hash rmd.

True! And to be completely blunt about this whole store data thingy, any file over a dozen terabytes is a stupid idea .. because you will not just save the file somewhere; you will also have to "process" it. I don't know about you, but i have dealt with big files before and it's a torture to process huge hard drive data .. torture in terms of time and resources. This is the reason why all cracking programs are checking data on the fly .. shows we fortunately have smart devs.. Also all these "bitcoin private keys" websites are doing it on the fly as well .. they are there not to be scraped or scanned, they are there for you to check keys individually or to grab information for testing reasons.
Activity: 272
Merit: 20
the right steps towerds the goal
The amount of space that 2^67 lines of text would take up in a .txt file depends on the length of each line.
line: 20000000000000000(17 char) 1LgpDjsqkxF9cTkz3UYSbdTJuvbZ45PKvx (34 char) 17+34 = 51
total number of characters as follows:

That is the worst way to store that informacion, to store it you need to store the data in its RAW data fot the address you only need the RMD hash in raw data it is only 20 bytes.

For the privatekey there is two options, don't store the private key because you will not sort the Addresses or Store the private key because you want to Sort the addresses

If you decide to store the private key you only need 9 bytes for it... in that case you only need 29 bytes.

If you decide NOT store the private key you only need 20 bytes for the hash rmd.

Whether there are 50 bytes or 20 bytes does not matter. Even if there are 20 bytes per line, we would still require 2,146,575 terabytes (TB) of storage space, which is still 25 percent of the entire storage capacity of Google servers. Anyway, let's leave these irrelevant discussions aside. We have people like @ProjectSe7en who are committed to supporting Such a excellent ideas. Let us move on and put an end to this topic.

Who said we're talking about 2^67 ??
I'm talking about 2^256 .. can Google or the whole universe contain that?

As I mentioned before, I would like to reiterate - let us put an end to this discussion. If there is something new to discuss, please share, but increasing the number of pages unnecessarily is not appropriate.
Jump to: