Pages:
Author

Topic: Bitcoin Randomizer, just a stupid pyramid scheme - page 13. (Read 55567 times)

Activity: 532
Merit: 505
I can't get into my account. Can you confirm that this is because I have brain damage and remember giving a password that I did not give? I gave an email right, can I reset?

I am account 19.
don't panic, a forgot-password-link does not exist yet, but i'm gonna add one asap.

.., how will I explain this to my wife?

no clue

... Should you not randomize the sponsors for those that (like myself) registered less than an hour before you decided to randomize the sponsors? Think it would be cool. Or, you could allow us to change sponsors to someone down the pyramid if we are set to 1 (I wonder who that is :p )

Once your account is activated, it doesnt matter who your sponsor was/is.
as long as it's not activated, it would make sense to change the sponsor (which i did manually on some accounts), so another person gets the spronsor-fee,
once the sponsor-fee is payed, it doesnt matter who your sponsor is/was.

and sponsors ARE random now,
if people sign up without using a ref-id a random member is choosen as sponsor,
it's only that after yourself there has just been 5 registrations and you havent been one of the lucky members that have been choosen to be their sponsor.
better luck next time.

and if you'r craving for referrals, well how about referring some?
Activity: 141
Merit: 100
I think this doesn't hit true Ponzi-scheme usefulness because you don't get down-network treatment: if you want people signing everyone up like mad, you have to give them some of their future downline's earnings, perhaps 1/3^N where N is number of levels below.

p.s. I signed up, and if you like this idea, make me your sponsor so that I get in early on the pyramid side of the scheme... http://fxnet.co.cc/?ref=30

legendary
Activity: 1540
Merit: 1001
I feel like we need to raise our voices here... I've been registered with the randomizer for some 8 hours now and I still don't see any traces of richness, nor is my acne any better! Was I the sucker? I lost a whole bitcoin, how will I explain this to my wife?

Right, got that off my chest. Should you not randomize the sponsors for those that (like myself) registered less than an hour before you decided to randomize the sponsors? Think it would be cool. Or, you could allow us to change sponsors to someone down the pyramid if we are set to 1 (I wonder who that is :p )
legendary
Activity: 1246
Merit: 1014
Strength in numbers
I can't get into my account. Can you confirm that this is because I have brain damage and remember giving a password that I did not give? I gave an email right, can I reset?

I am account 19.
Activity: 294
Merit: 252
Firstbits: 1duzy
everyone deserves some referrals,
default sponsor (for those not including ref-ids) is now random.

Awesome! thanks. Smiley

everyone deserves some referrals,
default sponsor (for those not including ref-ids) is now random.
hehe, sorry about not commenting those add&edit buttons.  Grin

you can just add a url/title/description (or some) to sites you want to promote.
not yet of any use, but i'm working on it to integrate a link-rotation to all ref-pages.

you'll not only get incredible rich, but also receive tons of traffic!  Grin

tell me what other features you'd like to see.

and you wont SEE your referrer link (but it exists) as long as your account is not activated,
once it is, you'll see the link.
legendary
Strength in numbers
What is the 'add a link' page for?
Here do I get my referrer link from?

Are these two things related?
I think it means one of those newfangled hypertextual links for connecting internet pages to one another ;-)
Activity: 294
Merit: 252
Firstbits: 1duzy
What is the 'add a link' page for?
Here do I get my referrer link from?

Are these two things related?
legendary
Strength in numbers
you won the race and are activated, so should your account-info say.

it says active: no as long as it hasn't received at least 1btc (confirmed) in total (doesn't matter how, or when).

cool.
you won the race and are activated, so should your account-info say.

it says active: no as long as it hasn't received at least 1btc (confirmed) in total (doesn't matter how, or when).
legendary
Strength in numbers
Ah, I'm 19!

I was going to make another because I didn't use a referral link for anyone. I guess that doesn't matter since I'd be choosing randomly anyway. Am I too late? I'll do it now.

edit:
I sent 1. My sponsor is now 18. active:no

Just waiting for it to clear, right?
IF we trusted you Cheesy

Nuuus, don't do that!  Smiley

something interesting happened now and i'd like to let you know.

concerns: user 19+20

i'm still keeping an eye on new users and switch their refs to the previous userid, when they have no ref (=me).
so i changed the sponsor of user 20 from 1 to 19,
unfortunately user 19 didn't activate his account yet, if he's not fast enough, a 2nd random member will be choosen instead to receive those 50% sponsor-fee.

you can accidentally(?) sponsor others even when your account is not yet activated (you just wont see the promoURL, but it's not that it's hard to guess).

the funny thing about this is, that your already active referral might get a 50% (random) share of YOUR payment, if you ever activate your account.

slightly edited
after i noticed, that both aren't activated yet (user 20 has sent the initial payment, but not activated yet). Go for it 19!  Grin
Red
Activity: 210
Merit: 111
WAIT - Bitcoin is a Ponzi Scheme !!!  Shocked * joking *  Cheesy

If you trade another commodity for bitcoins and SAVE the bitcoins, they you are gambling on relative future demand versus todays demand. If the future demand for bitcoins is higher you win, if it is lower you lose.

There are only two reasons for other people to "demand" bitcoins. Either they wish to save them for future use. Or they wish to trade them in the near term for another commodity.

So if it turns out that "all of the demand" for bitcoins is because people want to save them and sell them later when they are in higher demand, then you have a classic ponzi scheme.

If "all of the demand" is for use in immediate trading, then you have a very high velocity type of currency. (Changes hands many times over a short period of time) Counter-intuitively this "highest velocity" case actually defines the minimum demand for currency in a given community.

So yes, at the moment bitcoins as an investment fit nicely under the umbrella class of "Ponzi scheme". As a holder of bitcoins, the value of the coins increases most as more people decide to purchase bitcoins and save them.

When trading, the highest demand for bitcoins is caused by the smallest cycles.  
1) A has bitcoins, wants Apples; B has Apples, wants bitcoins
2) A has Dollars, wants Apples; B has Apples, wants bitcoins; C has bitcoins, wants Dollars.
3) A has Dollars, wants Apples; B hash Apples, wants Oranges; C has oranges, wants bitcoins; D has bitcoins, wants Dollars.

In (1) trading one unit of Apples, requires one unit of bitcoins
In (2) trading two units (Apples & Dollars), required only one unit of bitcoins.
In (3) trading three units (Apples, Oranges & Dollars), required only one unit of bitcoins.

So as bitcoin becomes popular for people to both buy and sell things using bitcoins, the demand for coins could very well drop. If you are speculating in bitcoins but promoting bitcoins for trading, you want small cycle trades (a la paypal). Large cycle trades minimizes the demand for your holdings.

So I really wasn't blowing smoke when I said Bitcoin has many Ponzi like characteristics. That may not be the intent of bitcoin users, but neither was it the intent of Ponzi's investors either.

How much confirmation does it wait for?
1 confirmation should do the job,
i just send 0.05 to my account to test it, it showed up on my balance as soon as it hits 1,
your (2nd) payment of 1.10 has 7 confirmations, so it should be on your balance and available to withdraw already.
Activity: 111
Merit: 10
oh and btw, you can not overpay,
overpayed coins, or those received after account-activation are available to withdraw too.
you could even use your account as a mobile-wallet, just edit the bcaOUT to whatever address you want to send coins to.

How much confirmation does it wait for?  The first 1.00 hit right away.. the second one seems to be taking longer? Nothing showing up yet.  0 confirmations.

legendary
Activity: 2646
Merit: 1720
https://youtu.be/DsAVx0u9Cw4 ... Dr. WHO < KLF
Whooo!  I'm in early on this one.   Cheesy

http://fxnet.co.cc/?ref=18

Folks, get in at the TOP!  Reap the REWARDS!  These berries will lubricate your insides, whiten your teeth, and stop acne.

You get a whole bucket of detergent for the same price you're paying for one department-store bottle!

You'll go from being in BTC debt, to running a balance.  Maserati?  Lambo?  These are the tough decisions you will have to make over a fruity adult beverage.

You can be your own boss, and your own best customer!

Act now.

LOL - So many justified arguments against "Ponzi Schemes". I argue that Money is a Ponzi Scheme, Capitalism is a Ponzi Scheme and Life is a Ponzi Scheme !  Shocked

HEY I was an early Bitcoin adopter and started 'generating' Bitcoins before most here ! I have more Bitcoins than you !.... yada yada

WAIT - Bitcoin is a Ponzi Scheme !!!  Shocked * joking *  Cheesy
Activity: 111
Merit: 10
Whooo!  I'm in early on this one.   Cheesy

Folks, get in at the TOP!  Reap the REWARDS!  These berries will lubricate your insides, whiten your teeth, and stop acne.

You get a whole bucket of detergent for the same price you're paying for one department-store bottle!

You'll go from being in BTC debt, to running a balance.  Maserati?  Lambo?  These are the tough decisions you will have to make over a fruity adult beverage.

You can be your own boss, and your own best customer!

Act now.
Red
Activity: 210
Merit: 111
I don't think this is a normal pyramid. I show the .5 now. Can I withdraw multiple times, or you withdraw once and have to reenter?

This is not an archetypical pyramid scheme. But it is of the class "Ponzi scheme". One were the benefits to investors are paid from their own money and/or subsequent investors money.

You are betting on the gullibility of others relative to your gullibility. (i.e. Am I the first to be gullible or the last to be gullible?)
Pages:
Jump to: