Pages:
Author

Topic: Bitcoin saving is not safe - page 5. (Read 887 times)

Activity: 280
Merit: 10
January 22, 2018, 08:48:42 AM
Bitcoin saving is a personal choice. The risk in cryptocurrency is always high since prices are highly volatile but by looking at bitcoin's history and increasing community you could see a great potential in investment which could multiply faster than any business could offer. When it comes protecting your bitcoins, its a matter of discipline. Nobody can get your seeds as long you keep them to yourself alone and avoiding these phishing sites and links.
Activity: 560
Merit: 260
January 22, 2018, 08:47:01 AM
Btc trading is a great way to increase one's liquid capital, but for long term storage, one should really diversify.   Just like making money trading particular stocks, when you take profits, you don't typically use the profits to buy more of the same stock.   
Activity: 644
Merit: 259
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
January 22, 2018, 08:45:24 AM
I think Bitcoins saving is quite risky, because compared to other forms of investment such as gold or dollars, cryptocurrency is more risky because the possibility being hacked is so high, we could be stolen bitcoin or the ability the network system attacked, you lost all bitcoin in the second. In addition,fluctuations in bitcoin price are highly impacted by the market so investment in bitcoin is unsafe solution. Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
The volatility is indeed a problem and now there has been a huge correction to the price of bitcoin and with the hackers getting access to your accounts is totally dependent on how secure your wallet really is. Not advisable to store your bitcoins in an exchange which are always prone to attacks.
Activity: 360
Merit: 100
January 22, 2018, 08:42:38 AM
I do not think you are completely right, but everyone has their own opinion.
Yes, it is risky. Like any other investment and trading with any currency. Smiley
Activity: 476
Merit: 251
COINECT
January 22, 2018, 08:33:18 AM
I think Bitcoins saving is quite risky, because compared to other forms of investment such as gold or dollars, cryptocurrency is more risky because the possibility being hacked is so high, we could be stolen bitcoin or the ability the network system attacked, you lost all bitcoin in the second. In addition,fluctuations in bitcoin price are highly impacted by the market so investment in bitcoin is unsafe solution. Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
Nobody can not hack your wallet until you give him or import key any phissing site.So its impossible to hack bitcoin wallet but you need to always alert to avoid spam or phissing link.
Maybe he's lying, and saying this to get his popularity.
how bitcoin can disappear in a few seconds, unless you give the key.
if OP is a trader then I understand he lost because he made a mistake. nothing to worry about this statement.
Activity: 840
Merit: 105
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
January 22, 2018, 08:28:16 AM
It's risky and not advisable to those who can't wait because bitcoin's value gets higher over time and all you have to do is to wait for its value to go up and if you can't wait and you will just sell it if the price drops not knowing that it will go higher then it is indeed risky and a loss for you.
Merit: 260
January 22, 2018, 08:24:50 AM
The main reason it's not safe is that no one knows its future.   It could be the next Alta Vista.   And I'm definitely not a FUD type, as btc has made me quite a bit of profit.   But to step back and look at it risk wise, if it were a choice between putting x,, in btc vs. x,, in gold bars in my safety deposit box, I choose gold.   That said, I do hold both, but understand that my btc holds are far more risky.
Although no one know about the future and about the price of bitcoin that what will happen to it in future but still if we study about bitcoin i think still most of the investors and even the experts are too much confident about bitcoin price and its future because in future people are expecting that crypto currency will take the place of fiat currency and that is the reason we can expect that bitcoin will be more safe and reliable investment for future.

I realize that English is probably not your first language, and you certainly have the right to your opinion, but the argument that people expect it will take the place of fiat is the reason why we can expect bitcoin will be more safe and reliable for the future is, in my opinion NOT a reason at all, simply for the fact that we don't know if it will be btc that will replace fiat.    
Activity: 630
Merit: 263
January 22, 2018, 08:18:16 AM
In the mid 2000s many banks which seemed endowed with ruined. People lost their savings in Fiat. The global economic crisis is not yet over. We have exactly the same risk. So I'm not sure that the investment in the Fiat is more safe. But for me the main quality of cryptocurrency is the ability to get free from the oligarchic economy. So I think investing in cryptocurrency more promising.
Activity: 17
Merit: 0
January 22, 2018, 08:14:50 AM
Nobody can not hack your wallet until you give him or import key any phissing site.So its impossible to hack bitcoin wallet but you need to always alert to avoid spam or phissing link.
legendary
Activity: 1344
Merit: 1251
January 22, 2018, 08:13:01 AM

Hi,

You are taking the example of dollars and I am glad you did. Do you realize that dollar is actually worth nothing?
This fiat currency is not even worth the paper on which it is printed. But through the game of diplomacy and geopolitics, it stands because everybody knows that the US is the most powerful country in the world!

Is it?

Today, most fiat currencies have their value relying on... absolutely nothing except trading platforms. It isn't good for society but it works like that.

Is bitcoin riskier? Yes, because the community of users is smaller. Is it less valuable? I am not so sure...
Activity: 126
January 22, 2018, 08:01:59 AM
Depending to everyone that bitcoin savings is not safe it’s depends to you own how you handle it for to safety keep your bitcoin worthy
Merit: 101
January 22, 2018, 07:55:46 AM
We need to secure out btc using hardware wallet but of course we need to pay for it
 If you dont want to spend for the hardware wallet, the surest thing to do to protect your btc savings is of course by not divulging your private key whether publicly or secretly to somebody even to your trusted friend or family members. Be always discreet with matters regarding your cryptos.
Activity: 462
Merit: 102
January 22, 2018, 07:50:23 AM
I always look for the sense of everybody’s post not on they’re ranking in this forum.. I always give them a chance to prove to me that they’re worthy of my positive minded view without giving bad comments on them.. But this one is different from all,, it is an obvious black propaganda for establishing fear and panic by comparing bitcoin to stock market goods that is totally all lies.. Bitcoin is safer than those you mention because only few knows you having a million bitcoin than having a million worth of gold..
Activity: 2646
Merit: 686
January 22, 2018, 07:49:30 AM

How is it unsafe? You can buy yourself a Trevor wallet and be safe for life, make a paper wallet and lock it in a safe. Or my best idea make a electrum wallet and make a pin and it's unhackable cause no one will ever know your pin, and then they can't do any transaction. Even when it was down, we didn't worry cause without our pin it was yet safe. So I don't see any harm of it being hacked.
Activity: 33
January 22, 2018, 07:45:17 AM
I am well aware of the risks which is why I am not betting a big amount in Bitcoin or any other Crypto... Just a few thousand bucks in total would allow me not to get left behind in cases of lift-offs.
Activity: 546
Merit: 257
January 22, 2018, 07:43:42 AM
Use a strong password or use hardware wallet, unless the hacker has a super duper quantum computer, blockchain and bitcoin are hackproof.

Well, strong passwords are hard to decrypt but still, even if you have these kinds of password and you are too careless, I think that will be still useless. I think the threat to digital currencies would probably be quantum computers if they will be invented quickly, but they still need a lot of years to in existence and I think digital currencies will be ready by then.
Activity: 319
Merit: 11
January 22, 2018, 07:41:39 AM
 You have to have a strong wallet if you are unsure about your bitcoin security, put your bitcoins in the wallet that you have a full control with, don't let your crypto stay longer in any exchange available online. Bitcoin wallet password must be unique and not memorable, have a physical backup of password and backup phrase, if your saving in BTC .com wallet pdf must have a physical backup as well.
Activity: 112
Merit: 10
January 22, 2018, 07:33:23 AM
Use an hardware wallet and don't share your seed with anyone. Simple.
Activity: 348
Merit: 100
January 22, 2018, 07:29:16 AM
        A Bitcoin investor  or any other business should always see the risk  because there will be a rise and fall in every business so the point of losing and gaining should be considered and  try not to lose all at a sudden so my advice is that not to invest all that you have in Bitcoin if you don't bother of losing you can invest .The legality of Bitcoin depends on  country where we live to my  view  it will be not more safe until the regulatory rulers are aware of Bitcoin.
Activity: 532
Merit: 15
January 22, 2018, 07:24:14 AM
Use a strong password or use hardware wallet, unless the hacker has a super duper quantum computer, blockchain and bitcoin are hackproof.
Pages:
Jump to: