Pages:
Author

Topic: Bitcoin saving is not safe - page 8. (Read 887 times)

Activity: 22
Merit: 0
January 21, 2018, 06:57:44 AM
Bitcoin saving is safe it depends how you work for it bitcoin is a have graet value not like the flat money.
Activity: 434
Merit: 103
Thinking on the higher plane of existence.
January 21, 2018, 06:57:25 AM
Your btc being hacked is near to impossible. I agree with the fluctuation of the price.  Fluctuation is normal in the market it makes profits anyway for the traders.
Without price fluctuation there will be a shorted of supply of btc because everyone will hold it.
I think op does not read satoshi's whitepaper because he said that it is hackable. Satoshi indicates there that the hacker needs atleast 2x the current hash power rate to redo all the transactions that have been listed and as of now, it is impossible to have that kind of power in a single place, you will need large space to do that. And also, government wouldn't regulate bitcoin for some place if they know that there is history of hack in bitcoin.
Activity: 196
Merit: 122
January 21, 2018, 06:53:52 AM
Yes, bitcoin investment is very risky but the profit that can gives is also very high unlike using fiat money to invest in real state. For now i choose to invest in bitcoin that saving in the bank or investing in real state, in bitcoin you do not need to wait for long period of time to earn money even in just few hours it can generates income that is what i love in crypto currency
Activity: 246
Merit: 100
January 21, 2018, 06:46:39 AM
Some people who have kept their BTC for 2-3 years beg to differ. Fluctuations are a common thing in the cryptocurrency world. Also, being hacked is not really that high as you stated. Unless you have your BTC on exchanges, if you have your personal wallet, you can keep it safe with a bunch of 3rd party authentication protocols or better yet get a cold storage wallet.
Activity: 21
January 21, 2018, 06:31:21 AM
I think Bitcoins saving is quite risky, because compared to other forms of investment such as gold or dollars, cryptocurrency is more risky because the possibility being hacked is so high, we could be stolen bitcoin or the ability the network system attacked, you lost all bitcoin in the second. In addition,fluctuations in bitcoin price are highly impacted by the market so investment in bitcoin is unsafe solution. Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Oh Dear, please, please read around the forum before posting such stupidity. What do you mean network system attacked? Do you have any idea what you are talking about? Maybe what you heard about people losing their bitcoin is (1) they put their funds on a exchanges, so when a hacked happened on that exchange, your money is gone, (2) you didn't protect your wallet, - password is not strong, or you give your private key to someone untrusted. Fluctuations is part of the nature of bitcoin, If you don't know how to handle fluctuations, you shouldn't be in bitcoin investment. Bitcoin price is based on supply and demand, so its another factor that you need to understand before talking about fluctuations, volatility and unstable price.

Sorry for causing the indignant from you all, simply after for a while I study about bitcoin I think that the main reason is because of its great value, so many people will do whatever thing to trade, buy or seek even stole ... to  get them, that may also be the reason why it's not safe.Similar to stocks, which give you big profitable, the risk is the same, you may become a billionaire, but you can also be empty in a few seconds. I just want share my idea with you all in this community !
Activity: 168
January 21, 2018, 06:31:04 AM
-snip-

First of all when posting dont change the color it hurts the eyes.

cryptocurrency is more risky because the possibility being hacked is so high

The possibility of bitcoin being hack is from the exchanges and not from a secure wallet like offline wallet. The risk is definitely there if you are unaware that the site you are storing your coins is not trusted.

we could be stolen bitcoin or the ability the network system attacked, you lost all bitcoin in the second

The network system of bitcoin cant be hacked, do you even know what the heck are you saying?.

fluctuations in bitcoin price are highly impacted by the market so investment in bitcoin is unsafe solution.

The fluctuation is what keeping large investor towards bitcoin, it is somehow unsafe if the value falls to much but even though it fall large and medium investor buys the coins because they knew the fall of price wont last long.
Activity: 280
Merit: 28
January 21, 2018, 06:27:36 AM
I think every possible savings are risky, not only Bitcoin savings. You will be always worried about your money/Bitcoin/gold etc. But who is not risking, don't drink champagne. If you need to protect your Bitcoin savings, you can always find a way to do that.
legendary
Activity: 1876
Merit: 3132
January 21, 2018, 06:24:53 AM
Everything has a huge risk. Gold value could rapidly go down anytime, the same thing goes for normal currencies such as dollar, euro, yen etc. Bitcoin is a cryptocurrency which is neither accepted anywhere nor official currency in any country. Right now it has speculative value but I think that people become more aware of the risks of current financial system. It is very unlikely that Bitcoin would get hacked. Critical bug could be solved by introducing hard fork. 51% attack is too expensive to perform.
legendary
Activity: 1736
Merit: 1000
Truly decentralized stable asset
January 21, 2018, 06:23:48 AM
This is totally depend on user himself. Who can force you to invest in something? Noone. So answer is clear.
Activity: 434
Merit: 250
January 21, 2018, 06:20:32 AM
Being hardcore supporter of bitcoin from long time and till I have to accept the hard truth which you mentioned yes I do agree bitcoin savings is heavily risky . We can’t even predict market fluctuations.Safety of our investment.
Activity: 21
January 21, 2018, 06:17:27 AM
You are not starting your forum career {yes, I said career} with a good start. Bitcoin {The Technology} has never been hacked

before. {the protocol} Yes, Bitcoin websites/exchanges/wallet providers have been hacked, but they only use the currency.

The Bitcoin developers are doing a damn fine job at the moment and all code are OpenSource and under constant scrutiny

from other developers. {Peer review}  Cool

Sorry,I just want to share my idea to discuss with all users in this forum, I just want to talk my thinking of bitcoin , not mean career as you thought  Huh
Activity: 673
Merit: 112
umachit.fund
January 20, 2018, 01:53:14 PM
I agree that this has a certain risk, but so it can be said about everything. And imagine what kind of people who sold their homes and invested in bitcoin-this is very risky. We must try to find the middle ground Smiley
Activity: 31
January 20, 2018, 11:00:18 AM
You can reduce the possibility of such risks by using hardware wallets which are relatively more secure
I think Bitcoins saving is quite risky, because compared to other forms of investment such as gold or dollars, cryptocurrency is more risky because the possibility being hacked is so high
Yeah it's quite risky cuz no one knows the future , but some approximative speculations are still possible , which means getting the access to the right choice
In addition,fluctuations in bitcoin price are highly impacted by the market so investment in bitcoin is unsafe solution. Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
Activity: 700
Merit: 251
January 20, 2018, 10:58:49 AM
Yeah it's true, saving bitcoin isn't 100% safe. But still, we can prevent those bad things to happen.
Like for example hacking, we shouldn't let people know our password or private key easily, don't visit weird websites, don't trust people easily and such.
We also need to keep update with everything, so when something smells fishy and we think something might happen, we should exchange all our btc to money instead.
Activity: 266
Merit: 32
January 20, 2018, 10:56:25 AM
I think Bitcoins saving is quite risky, because compared to other forms of investment such as gold or dollars, cryptocurrency is more risky because the possibility being hacked is so high, we could be stolen bitcoin or the ability the network system attacked, you lost all bitcoin in the second. In addition,fluctuations in bitcoin price are highly impacted by the market so investment in bitcoin is unsafe solution. Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

You can investment your money in land, house, gold, silver, stock markets, fixed deposits & savings in banks, start some business  Smiley

Actually Bitcoin and crypto currencies are not required/unwanted   Grin
legendary
Activity: 2114
Merit: 1293
There is trouble abrewing
January 20, 2018, 10:55:53 AM
investing in bitcoin is risky because bitcoin like any other new technology is in its early stages and because of that, its market is pretty small and has sometimes unpredictable swings. which is why every person who understands investment will tell you "invest what you can afford to lose".

at the same time this means bitcoin is very profitable because those who invest in it now are the early adopters who will be rewarded for the high risk they are going to take. just like those who bought bitcoin at $0.01

and none of this has anything to do with being hacked. if you are not careful you will lose the money in your backpocket to pickpockets in the street. that doesn't mean money is not safe, it means you weren't careful.
Activity: 1428
Merit: 250
January 20, 2018, 10:50:38 AM
You are not well known about bitcoin security system, bitcoin security is not easy to hack, it's so much strong as you want! if you done any stupidity like share with others your password or account phrase then you can face a problem other then it's so much impossible to hack your I'd by others!
Activity: 252
Merit: 10
January 20, 2018, 10:30:40 AM
We can't deny that bitcoin is very risky as investment. Because we can't predit if someday it will suddenly drop or in sometime, other coin will rule in the market other than bitcoin.
Activity: 1134
Merit: 502
January 20, 2018, 10:30:13 AM

The possibility of getting hack is depend on how secure you are on your credentials, the only problem that i can think in holding Bitcoin is the change of price of Bitcoin from time to time, but if you are a long term investor then you will not get any problem in the change of Bitcoin from time to time because the only mindset you have is getting profit in the long run.
Activity: 322
January 20, 2018, 10:29:37 AM
The Bitcoin   trader in Hong Kong was the victim of a robbery.
Pages:
Jump to: