Pages:
Author

Topic: Bitcoin Specie Project sponsored by the makers of New Liberty Dollar - page 2. (Read 88389 times)

legendary
Activity: 1470
Merit: 1001
Use Coinbase Account almosanywhere with Shift card
try coldhardca.sh
http://coldhardca.sh

that's what my coins QR code went to and it's up right now
Activity: 532
Merit: 500
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
I have one as well I got lucky it looks like. I'm just pissed I forgot to order one of the 10K BTC Pizza edition coins....... oh well....
legendary
Activity: 1890
Merit: 1031
I have two of this coins, whats the value? guess more than silver only?
legendary
Activity: 1456
Merit: 1078
I may write code in exchange for bitcoins.
Yeah, these are one of the few physical BTC coins that have been counterfeited, and it's easier for the Chinese copiers to do these than Casascius coins because these don't have a security hologram like the Cas coins do; those holograms are hard to fake realistically.

NewLiberty is still active often on here, I'd be willing to bet that he didn't know coldhardca.sh/ag was down. I'm sure he'll bring it back up when he sees this.

It's back up!  Hooray.  Suddently I'm interested in this again Smiley

I'm going to see if Tyrio has any left that he's selling.
Activity: 910
Merit: 530
$5 24k Gold FREE 4 sign-up! Mene.com/invite/h5ZRRP
Yeah, these are one of the few physical BTC coins that have been counterfeited, and it's easier for the Chinese copiers to do these than Casascius coins because these don't have a security hologram like the Cas coins do; those holograms are hard to fake realistically.

NewLiberty is still active often on here, I'd be willing to bet that he didn't know coldhardca.sh/ag was down. I'm sure he'll bring it back up when he sees this.
legendary
Sorry for the necro-bump, but I just ran across this thread thanks to the link in OP's signature.

I'm really wanting to know two things:

1) What URL does that QR code resolve to?  (is it still working today?)
2) Are these still for sale?

I love the idea of a silver coin that tells its value in BTC.  I've never seen anything like it and I hope that I can find one and that the links in them still work!

I believe the only way to get the Silver Bitcoin Specie nowadays is through Re-Sellers. User tyrion70 actually has both the 2013 and 2014 versions, along with the Limited Edition gold-plated Silver Bitcoin Specie (only 100 minted) for sale here on the forum. They are very nicely made coins, some of my favorite BTC and silver coins, and they look great.

Unfortunately though, there are tons of fake Silver Bitcoin Species floating around out there on eBay. You can easily spot them because they are usually listed for ~$4, are coming from China, and are almost guaranteed to be silver-plated (if even plated) instead of 1 Troy Ounce .999 Fine Silver like the real deal are. Sadly I think this fact brings down the value of the real Silver BTC Specie coins.

An example of the fakes here: http://www.ebay.com/itm/2pcs-freedom-BTC-Coin-Gold-silver-Plated-Physical-Bitcoin-souvenir-coin-/271860732183?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3f4c299117
These are NOT the real Silver Bitcoin Species as released by NewLiberty. No one would be selling real 1 oz .999 Silver coins for ~$5 a piece with the spot price of silver more than 3x that currently.

Yah, that's too bad.  And I zoomed in on the image of the qr on the OP and it seems it resolves to bithardcash.com/ag which doesn't seem to be up anymore.  Too bad.

I wonder if those guys would ever renew the domain or hand it off to someone who can host it (I'd host it for free if I just have to run a widget to show the price of an ounce of silver in BTC).

Looking more closely I think it was a mistake to put .25 quarter bitcoin on the front.  Since the QR code is supposed to resolve to the actual current value, putting the wrong value on the front seems weird.  Stil a cool looking coin tho.
Sorry for the necro-bump, but I just ran across this thread thanks to the link in OP's signature.

1) What URL does that QR code resolve to?  (is it still working today?)

I love the idea of a silver coin that tells its value in BTC.  I've never seen anything like it and I hope that I can find one and that the links in them still work!

I believe the only way to get the Silver Bitcoin Specie nowadays is through Re-Sellers. User tyrion70 actually has both the 2013 and 2014 versions, along with the Limited Edition gold-plated Silver Bitcoin Specie (only 100 minted) for sale here on the forum. They are very nicely made coins, some of my favorite BTC and silver coins, and they look great.

Unfortunately though, there are tons of fake Silver Bitcoin Species floating around out there on eBay. You can easily spot them because they are usually listed for ~$4, are coming from China, and are almost guaranteed to be silver-plated (if even plated) instead of 1 Troy Ounce .999 Fine Silver like the real deal are. Sadly I think this fact brings down the value of the real Silver BTC Specie coins.

An example of the fakes here: http://www.ebay.com/itm/2pcs-freedom-BTC-Coin-Gold-silver-Plated-Physical-Bitcoin-souvenir-coin-/271860732183?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3f4c299117
These are NOT the real Silver Bitcoin Species as released by NewLiberty. No one would be selling real 1 oz .999 Silver coins for ~$5 a piece with the spot price of silver more than 3x that currently.
legendary

1) What URL does that QR code resolve to?  (is it still working today?)

I love the idea of a silver coin that tells its value in BTC.  I've never seen anything like it and I hope that I can find one and that the links in them still work!
Activity: 712
Merit: 500
i have a 2013 for sale. but you would have to buy other stuff as well.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=865075.new#new
legendary
Activity: 934
Merit: 1000
I believe that HardBTC has some in stock for global shipping.
http://hardbtc.org/ocart/

80 pounds for 2, thats almost 63$ or 50EUR each.. thats a healty markup Smiley

@NewLiberty are the 2014 coins sold out through you then? You won't be making any more this year? Can you give us an overview of how much of each coin were created so far?

Cheers
legendary
Activity: 1204
Merit: 1002
Gresham's Lawyer
NewLibertyDollar.com gives me
This site is currently unavailable.

If you are the owner of this site, please contact us at 1-480-505-8855 at your earliest convenience.

Will it be coming back up or is just gone now.

This is temporary, it should be back shortly, the web host botched the DNS update when moving to their new server platform.
So much for seamless transitions.
I'm not pleased with their service.
legendary
Activity: 1470
Merit: 1001
Use Coinbase Account almosanywhere with Shift card
NewLibertyDollar.com gives me
This site is currently unavailable.

If you are the owner of this site, please contact us at 1-480-505-8855 at your earliest convenience.

Will it be coming back up or is just gone now.
legendary
Gresham's Lawyer
So these are still available then? They look great and I'd love to add one to my growing physical crypto coin collection. Can anybody point me towards the retailer offering them for the best price?
You can buy them here for $18.28: Agoracommodities.
EDIT: Oh, it seems that they are sold out.

I'm not into PM market that much, but I believe for some reason many coins got extinct within the last couple of weeks. Maybe it's the low prices though that drove many people out there to reach for some more cheap coins... Wink

I believe that HardBTC has some in stock for global shipping.
http://hardbtc.org/ocart/
legendary
Activity: 1484
Strange, yet attractive.
So these are still available then? They look great and I'd love to add one to my growing physical crypto coin collection. Can anybody point me towards the retailer offering them for the best price?

I'm not into PM market that much, but I believe for some reason many coins got extinct within the last couple of weeks. Maybe it's the low prices though that drove many people out there to reach for some more cheap coins... Wink
copper member
Activity: 3892
Merit: 2197
Verified awesomeness ✔
copper member
Verified awesomeness ✔
That is indeed a great interview. Thanks for linking me/us!

EDIT: However, I do not agree with HardBTC being a premium reseller. Their webstore is quite empty, they don't even sell tokens anymore and the 2014 Cold Hard Cash coins on there are highly overpriced. £80.00 for two of them so around €51.07 for one. The coldhardca.sh page has a price of €17 right now. I get that shipment costs a bit, but this is extreme.
legendary
Activity: 966
Merit: 1000
- - -Caveat Aleo- - -
copper member
Verified awesomeness ✔
Hey NewLiberty,

Can I ask you a small favor? Could you please update this list? I'm really interested to see how many coins you have produced Grin

I've been asked how many of these are out there...so:

Mintages so far:

FIRST STRIKE - 40 final
Satoshi Nakamoto whitepaper 5th anniversary - 100 final
First year of issue numbered, gold electroplated - 100 final
First year of issue unnumbered, gold electroplated - 1 final
Satoshi Nakamoto whitepaper, gold electroplated - 1 final

Silver Bitcoin Specie 1 toz Cold Hard Cash, standard issue 1804 3004
legendary
Gresham's Lawyer
These look dope and can't wait to buy some!

They are available from many retailers, and have been for quite a while.
Pages:
Jump to: